USF Project? | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Wars and D23 have changed a few things so all I'm saying is as long as they're thinking outside the box on these new Potter rides I'm sort of fine with them. But how many more additions before people grow tired or somewhat bored with the franchise? Or how many more screens can you park your guest in front of only to hear cheap knock off voice overs? I fear in a world where Star Wars continues to grow to a new generation, Marvel has a new mega hit launching every 3 months it seems, and new franchises launching all the time how long before Potter takes a bit of a back seat? Has it already? Yeah Fantastic Beasts that was a thing..

I get it, Potter has been their bread and butter, its been the game changer, the revolution to the industry. But can Potter sustain this level of popularity, market growth, and financial increases in a market that is already saturated in it? Can Universal continue to steal away Disney market share by adding more Potter? Sure maybe if Disney was still sitting on its rear. But with the onslaught Disney is throwing at Orlando in the next 5 years with Potter still be a game changer or will it end up being filler until the next great thing comes?

Before anyone tries to blow up about this, just trying to initiate some convo from Potter Fans and NON Potter fans here. Whats your thoughts?

It's a lot of potter, but I think this rounds out those two areas nicely. Anymore potter I would want to be as Fantastic Beasts and in the new park. Even though I've said there's never enough Potter, I should've put an asterisk and mentioned, *in the same parks. I'm completely ok with these being fillers until the next big thing, because it's the next biggest thing to whatever the next big thing will be (nintendo).

Potter's popularity isn't going anywhere. Like SW before it, new generations are introduced to it every day.

Even if more Potter isn't the draw that a new Star Wars land is, it's still a bigger draw than anything else announced at D23 except MAYBE Guardians, but that ride is not gonna be anything great, allegedly.

TRON? Irrelevant outside the Dis Superfan Community
Ratatouille? Nearly decade+ old movie
Mickey? This one may be debatable

I think once the addition of Ministry is done and the Dragons changeover (remember this isn't an addition Potter ride) we'll be at peak Potter. It'll be a Mecca for each generation to visit, and I think Universal is smart for completely building it out

Agreed the popularity isn't going anywhere, especially when the new FB series starts tying into the old series more.

TRON - Absolutely love everything about that movie (same with my family and a lot of my friends), and we're DEFINITELY not dis superfans though.

we'll be at peak Potter
<-

Might as well...

IU's stance on the MoM rumor

iStock_000016172223Small-451x300.jpg

Love it. Although completely unnecessary ;)

Everyone here knows- when others say stuff, there is appropriate skepticism. But once Teebin sounds off- take it to print.

Why hasn't @scott_walker made us some "Teebin knows all" t-shirts yet?

Love it. Although completely unnecessary ;)

Everyone here knows- when others say stuff, there is appropriate skepticism. But once Teebin sounds off- take it to print.

Why hasn't @scott_walker made us some "Teebin knows all" t-shirts yet?

I'll start taking orders next week. I'm also announcing Inside Universal Dollars, it's like normal money but more fun. Instead of 'In God We Trust' it will say 'In Teebin We Trust'.

As a local, I re-ride Fallon, Simpsons, MIB, Mummy, Hogwarts Express, and Spider-Man most often. I'd reride Kong if it had a single rider line or when lines die down.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I thought Kong had single rider?

Regarding Universal tech and attractions, I am not aware of them having any new ride vehicle ideas that are on a level with Spider Man or FJ. Anyone here?

Last edited:
As a local Premier passholder, I don't hit Kong often. Express in the afternoon normally takes a minimum of 20 minutes, and if it's backed up outside, the wait can be 30 minutes or more. I know I'll be back, so there's no sense of urgency to ride it (Keep in mind I like the ride). This is what my riding habits tend to be when I go:

I almost always go on Spider-Man, FJ, Mummy, and MIB barring a breakdown or long line. Long lines tend to be an issue most at FJ, but when I was there Labor Day weekend, the new Express line didn't even take 5 minutes.
Gringotts is something I try to hit every time I go, but there's a cutoff point to how long I'm willing to wait (which happens very often)
My last visit was the first time I skipped Fallon since it opened simply because I didn't really feel like doing the 20-30 minute experience. I'll be back, so no harm in skipping it.
I ride Rockit when I feel like it AND the wait is short; those two almost never happen at the same time :lol:

I haven't been on Simpsons since February. The projection quality was REALLY shoddy when I last rode it, and it's always a bit of a time sink.
Transformers is whatever. I ride it when I'm in the mood, which is pretty infrequent. Spider-Man is simply superior in every way.
My last visit was the first time I've been on ET in YEARS. The ride is in such poor state that it's not really worth riding IMO.
Water rides? :lol:
Hulk..... :bolt:

Reactions: Teebin and JoeCamel
Considering how niche of a movie it is, you'd agree that you are not in a majority here though, right?
Who cares if it's a niche movie if it's a good ride? Avatar brought us the best ride Disney has created in decades and that IP probably has a less active fan community than Tron.

People like quality and it's a new ride (i.e. not a replacement) in the MAGIC KINGDOM. It's going to be popular as all hell.

Who cares if it's a niche movie if it's a good ride? Avatar brought us the best ride Disney has created in decades and that IP probably has a less active fan community than Tron.

People like quality and it's a new ride (i.e. not a replacement) in the MAGIC KINGDOM. It's going to be popular as all hell.

Thank you. A good ride does not need a good IP. And a really good IP can also have a really bad ride (Shrek).

This may be for another thread, but what do you locals feel are must do attractions when you visit IOA or US? You know you hop over for lunch and then you ride a few rides. What is it you look forward to each time, right now in 2017 ?
Mummy, MIB, Transformers OR Spider-Man, Kong, and Jurassic Park. I ride those rides practically every visit.

Warmer days Popeye and Dudley are must dos, and occasionally Gringotts and ET fit in too.

Reactions: Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.