Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Fairly obvious that’s a guest.

I imagine, but the cool thing about the Purge (to me) are the scareactors that portray guest. The sear look of fear on their faces give them away. They play their parts so well...they seek help, they try to warn folks..They sometimes get purged, they sometimes get tossed into a truck to take them to the stage for a public purge.

I imagine, but the cool thing about the Purge (to me) are the scareactors that portray guest. The sear look of fear on their faces give them away. They play their parts so well...they seek help, they try to warn folks..They sometimes get purged, they sometimes get tossed into a truck to take them to the stage for a public purge.
The Purge is basically "Scare zone: The Movie" if you think about it. There's never been an IP that is more fitting of a scare zone imo. I wish they would stop plugging in The Purge into houses last minute though. The IP is not one that can be portrayed well in a house setting.

The Purge is basically "Scare zone: The Movie" if you think about it. There's never been an IP that is more fitting of a scare zone imo. I wish they would stop plugging in The Purge into houses last minute though. The IP is not one that can be portrayed well in a house setting.

I'd argue that it'd make one hell of a maze. It's the perfect IP for it, But... I do believe it demands large scale/wide open sets and length that is just very hard to accomplish. But It's not impossible.

I'd argue that it'd make one hell of a maze. It's the perfect IP for it, But... I do believe it demands large scale/wide open sets and length that is just very hard to accomplish. But It's not impossible.
I think it would need a soundstage to do it properly and i'm not sure I ever see Universal giving The Purge a soundstage house, especially since it has dominated the event almost as much as TWD did over the last 4 years or so.

I liked the kind of claustrophobic feel of the first movie. They essentially locked down the house and the fear aspect was someone getting in. That aspect translates well to a house while the streets really are perfect for the Purge. I would love to have seen them combined. They could have the house represented and of course as you walk through people are managing to get inside, then you escape out into the Purge zone. The timing and placement has just been off.

I mean...the only time we've seen it in house form, it's been jammed into a previous IP's layout. Maybe if they had the chance to design a Purge house from scratch, it could be as good as the scarezones have been.

I wouldn't count out Purge being the uber house next year. Think about it. What else could it be next year. Plus they could do it based on all 3 movies.

I like Purge as a zone. Thos year they seem to keep the chaos going, the bikes the honking, the cast.

I guess I do not understand why they do not throw Chucky in as a plan B sometime. They appear to have merch rights or something