Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Vloggers & Youtubers

I bore easily of YouTube drama, but I like Dan so I kinda half-watched the video in question. I think TPR claimed Mayhem was talking smack about them to Fun Spot guys, and was trying to convince Fun Spot not to allow TPR to film a ride through of their new coaster, Mine Blower before opening... Or something like that. So Mayhem posted video of the entire conversation unedited, to show how he most certainly wasn't standing in the way of them getting their footage, (only that he wanted to do his own run after TPR's.)

I see Daniel all the time at press events and grand openings. He's been nothing but nice and helpful. He's helped me get footage I needed for my channel and always makes it a point to come say hi when he sees me. I doubt he would do anything to try and stand in the way of other YouTube vloggers or bloggers to make his own channel stand out, (as the allegations went I believe.)

But hey, that's just my take from it. I could be missing more info. I just know that the guy's been super nice to me for years.

The comments that started it (from TPR's forum, I think. Not sure.):
mayhem-comments.jpg

I bore easily of YouTube drama, but I like Dan so I kinda half-watched the video in question. I think TPR claimed Mayhem was talking smack about them to Fun Spot guys, and was trying to convince Fun Spot not to allow TPR to film a ride through of their new coaster, Mine Blower before opening... Or something like that. So Mayhem posted video of the entire conversation unedited, to show how he most certainly wasn't standing in the way of them getting their footage, (only that he wanted to do his own run after TPR's.)

View attachment 5468

Who would've known there'd be beef between nerds (unoffensively) in the theme park community. lol

We need a reality show of the biggest themepark vlogers living together in a house.

I see Daniel all the time at press events and grand openings. He's been nothing but nice and helpful. He's helped me get footage I needed for my channel and always makes it a point to come say hi when he sees me. I doubt he would do anything to try and stand in the way of other YouTube vloggers or bloggers to make his own channel stand out, (as the allegations went I believe.)

But hey, that's just my take from it. I could be missing more info. I just know that the guy's been super nice to me for years.

View attachment 5468

Dan is one of the few theme park YouTubers I like and he seems sincere enough that I believe him. I've seen Robb caught out plenty of times and it blows my mind that the man has such a large ego.

Anyone who has 'beef' with someone else about Theme Parks and blogging of them is just a fool, and they clearly have no perspective of what is going on in the world around them.

I see TPR trolling people to get a rise out of it, it's just so so sad.

The 'service' any of these YTers provide is so low down on the food chain of important things to do with your time. It's only important in their heads.

I'm sure if it's their main source of income they take it very seriously. Even if it's low in the things to do with your time food chain, if it's someone's bread and butter, and someone else is trying to stand in the way of them making income, I can see why they'd be so upset.

I hate YouTube drama, but I think a big reason it exists, and across so many genres of entertainment on the site, is because there's money to be made (and lost) and vloggers take it so seriously because in many cases it is their livelihood at stake.

I'm sure if it's their main source of income they take it very seriously. Even if it's low in the things to do with your time food chain, if it's someone's bread and butter, and someone else is trying to stand in the way of them making income, I can see why they'd be so upset.

I hate YouTube drama, but I think a big reason it exists, and across so many genres of entertainment on the site, is because there's money to be made (and lost) and vloggers take it so seriously because in many cases it is their livelihood at stake.

Call me old fashioned, but some of them don't seem to have existed in the real world, working a proper job that actually contributes to the running of society.

If they were forced to stop doing what they are doing, the world would not care.

Dan is one of the few theme park YouTubers I like and he seems sincere enough that I believe him. I've seen Robb caught out plenty of times and it blows my mind that the man has such a large ego.
Robb is the biggest douchebag ever. I'm shocked anyone likes him and he has a "following". The second I see TPR throw up a video I don't click on it. No way I give that guy a view.
People need to be aware when you link vids who its getting linked to.

Call me old fashioned, but some of them don't seem to have existed in the real world, working a proper job that actually contributes to the running of society.

If they were forced to stop doing what they are doing, the world would not care.

It's a form of entertainment. Instead of watching a TV show some people prefer to watch youtubers. Some even make six figures, I'd call that a job.

It's a form of entertainment. Instead of watching a TV show some people prefer to watch youtubers. Some even make six figures, I'd call that a job.

I'm not being specific to Theme Park Vloggers now.

I completely get that some do make alot of money, and I have friends who make a really good living doing it. They are often the people who are more mature, or have lived a life before finding youtube.

However there are plenty who are so young and immature and wrapped up in their own world, making very little money, and they have no concept of how the rest of the world is functioning.

I completely get that some do make alot of money, and I have friends who make a really good living doing it. They are often the people who are more mature, or have lived a life before finding youtube.

However there are plenty who are so young and immature and wrapped up in their own world, making very little money, and they have no concept of how the rest of the world is functioning.

I think that is just people though, right? Plenty of people I have known in my life who have never approached being a vlogger who have no clue about what else is going on in the world other than their own lives. That's just some people, it just happens that some of them pick up cameras and go online. Simplest way to not engage with them is to not watch them. Plenty of folk out there doing brilliant jobs of creating YT content every day

It is what it is. I'm equally as annoyed as Jon- but only to certain bloggers/vloggers. The trackers, midway mayhem, what have you- all provide tangible services and information.

I also don't blame the bloggers for blogging. But what's weird is the people who care about their personal lives. It's no different than basketball wives, or real world back in the day. To me, Your life doesn't interest me. And it's pretty unhealthy for th people obsess over them. If you're desperate to know what Tim bought at Home Depot today, you have a couple issues.
The worst of the worst are lifestyle and/or "fashion" bloggers. Talk about preying on the insecure...

It is what it is. I'm equally as annoyed as Jon- but only to certain bloggers/vloggers. The trackers, midway mayhem, what have you- all provide tangible services and information.

I also don't blame the bloggers for blogging. But what's weird is the people who care about their personal lives. It's no different than basketball wives, or real world back in the day. To me, Your life doesn't interest me. And it's pretty unhealthy for th people obsess over them. If you're desperate to know what Tim bought at Home Depot today, you have a couple issues.
The worst of the worst are lifestyle and/or "fashion" bloggers. Talk about preying on the insecure...

Agree with with most of what you say but the final point about calling fashion or lifestyle bloggers the "worst of the worst" is unfair. It depends on the service they put forward and the way they do it. Similar to some vloggers, there's plenty out there that do it well and not in a way that preys on any insecurity. Similarly, you can't please everyone and there's always going to be people that dislike something. Referring to a whole category of people as "the worst of the worst" though is extremely unfair in the same way that people who give a damn about what these people do in their personal lives or invade their personal lives when not asked is outrageous.

Agree with with most of what you say but the final point about calling fashion or lifestyle bloggers the "worst of the worst" is unfair. It depends on the service they put forward and the way they do it. Similar to some vloggers, there's plenty out there that do it well and not in a way that preys on any insecurity. Similarly, you can't please everyone and there's always going to be people that dislike something. Referring to a whole category of people as "the worst of the worst" though is extremely unfair in the same way that people who give a damn about what these people do in their personal lives or invade their personal lives when not asked is outrageous.
But again- you make money by putting your life out there. If you don't want your privacy invaded then don't consciously choose to be a "public figure" and make your money that way.
Of course if someone cares about their personal lives, like we both agree, that's an issue in its own right.

The reason I said the fashion and lifestyle bloggers are the worst of the worst is that they are disenginuois. Fashion in and of itself is made by making you feel insecure and your fashion obsolete- so that goes without saying much. But the people behind these blogs make money when You spend money. Clicking on affiliate links of their "perfect" families who take 4+ professional photography sessions weekly and post them throughout the week on social media as if it's reality.

Ive read many articles about these lifestyle bloggers and it's actually all fascinating to me. Namely the psychology of what drives followers to them. It's simultaneously sad and completely captivating. Some of the bloggers even go in with noble intentions but the narcissism, consumerism and manipulation is inevitable simply based on their occupation. All of that leads to the detriment to the environment due to consumerism, and for the consumer themselves- debt, and reduction of self worth. There's basically no escape, and it's obvious- yet millions of people, primarily women, are duped daily. It's a microcosm of one of the worst traits of our society.

But again- you make money by putting your life out there. If you don't want your privacy invaded then don't consciously choose to be a "public figure" and make your money that way.
Of course if someone cares about their personal lives, like we both agree, that's an issue in its own right.

The reason I said the fashion and lifestyle bloggers are the worst of the worst is that they are disenginuois. Fashion in and of itself is made by making you feel insecure and your fashion obsolete- so that goes without saying much. But the people behind these blogs make money when You spend money. Clicking on affiliate links of their "perfect" families who take 4+ professional photography sessions weekly and post them throughout the week on social media as if it's reality.

Ive read many articles about these lifestyle bloggers and it's actually all fascinating to me. Namely the psychology of what drives followers to them. It's simultaneously sad and completely captivating. Some of the bloggers even go in with noble intentions but the narcissism, consumerism and manipulation is inevitable simply based on their occupation. All of that leads to the detriment to the environment due to consumerism, and for the consumer themselves- debt, and reduction of self worth. There's basically no escape, and it's obvious- yet millions of people, primarily women, are duped daily. It's a microcosm of one of the worst traits of our society.

I don't think putting theme park videos out there, or videos of any kind, invites personal invasion of privacy though. You hear horror stories of fans of people turning up at people's houses or places of work when that information has never been offered up. Not cool.

I think, once again, you're generalising though in an unfair manner. Some of those people are like that, some of those people act that way. I worked in the photography industry for a long time, it was my career until I had to decide between it and a different career and chose the other option and I will say that I chose that mainly because of disingenuous people and people taking advantage of others. However, there's always a flip side. Always people who do it because they love it and if they get paid then that's great. If not, they do their day job and they work their behind off every second they can in their free time to do this thing they love.

You're always going to find a**h****s in every walk of life and every profession. There's some fashion vloggers out there that genuinely promote a healthy image and a love yourself vibe to people who wouldn't have the confidence to try something new. There's pros and cons to it and maybe I am just trying to see the good in it. I'm not saying what you're saying isn't true because I've seen it be true. However, not for the whole demographic. They're not all blood sucking vampires. For those you want to go visit modelling agencies.

(WOW, this went off topic :D)

Yeah - death threats taped to my car when i was more active with my own blog, youtube, etc... Got shouted at and told I should leave the Epcot 25 events because i was ruining Disney" - and this is literally without me saying a word at the event outside of small talk with friends and in no way making any sort of political statement about anything.

Which is ironic, because I was fairly vociferous about not being a "personality" - the info was the product, not me. My face was never slapped on anything and I refused offers to be a pseudo-celeb giving personal park tours, talking on podcasts, doing liveshot interviews with the local news.

But like any writer - JK Rowling is an easy to see example - you have opinion and thoughts and those show up in things like your personal twitter feed.

And jerks get followings. Sometimes people like to watch drama for entertainment. Also, be labeled the badguy long enough you might as well play into it if it gets you pageviews and sales. I like to think I was an ethical asshat. Plenty of mea culpas and admissions where I was wrong or screwed up.

I think that is just people though, right? Plenty of people I have known in my life who have never approached being a vlogger who have no clue about what else is going on in the world other than their own lives. That's just some people, it just happens that some of them pick up cameras and go online. Simplest way to not engage with them is to not watch them. Plenty of folk out there doing brilliant jobs of creating YT content every day

Yeah I guess it is just people. There are plenty of channels I follow on other subjects. There just seems to be more 'drama' in the Theme Park area, which is why I don't follow any of them. :)

It's much easier to keep up to date of goings on via IU (for construction and rumors, and Instagram for the small details.

Yeah - death threats taped to my car when i was more active with my own blog, youtube, etc... Got shouted at and told I should leave the Epcot 25 events because i was ruining Disney" - and this is literally without me saying a word at the event outside of small talk with friends and in no way making any sort of political statement about anything.

Which is ironic, because I was fairly vociferous about not being a "personality" - the info was the product, not me. My face was never slapped on anything and I refused offers to be a pseudo-celeb giving personal park tours, talking on podcasts, doing liveshot interviews with the local news.

But like any writer - JK Rowling is an easy to see example - you have opinion and thoughts and those show up in things like your personal twitter feed.

And jerks get followings. Sometimes people like to watch drama for entertainment. Also, be labeled the badguy long enough you might as well play into it if it gets you pageviews and sales. I like to think I was an ethical asshat. Plenty of mea culpas and admissions where I was wrong or screwed up.

I think no matter how careful you try to be, people will always pick up on something that they personally do not like. It isn't acceptable and hopefully measures are developed to crack down on abuse behaviour online.

Yeah I guess it is just people. There are plenty of channels I follow on other subjects. There just seems to be more 'drama' in the Theme Park area, which is why I don't follow any of them. :)

It's much easier to keep up to date of goings on via IU (for construction and rumors, and Instagram for the small details.

I agree. I do watch my fair share of Vloggers as, living in the UK and not being able to visit the parks a lot, I love being able to see it and see what is going on. A healthy measure of that and UI give me that fix. I would agree about the drama element, which is crazy really. I mean, it's vlogging about Theme Parks (enjoyable places meant for fun)? Baffles me, but there you go. As we said, people will always be people. At least people on here, for the most part, are friendly and open to opinions!