Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Condition of the Yeti AA

Giving this thread a BUMP. Since Pandora is open, when do you think DAK will close EE to do proper maintenance on the Yeti?

I don't think they'd close it specifically to sort this, but EE must be due s major refurb as it's yet to have one. Maybe they'll fix this in the process. I'd also like new projection in the 'launch' room, fixed steam effects, and the mountai to be completely dark for the backwards section

There's difficult operational decisions coming to Disney up until the 50th. If they do for the 50th what they did for DLP and DL there's going to be a major resort wide refurb schedule and that's going to involve taking down rides at times when they really can't afford too from an operations point of view.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get the other parks in as best shape as possible before 2020 because MK will suffer in 2020 in prep for the next year. How Space fits into their overall plans will be very interesting. It can't limber on until 2022-2023 surely.

I'm surprised Rohde would even acknowledge that publicly. Maybe he's trying to passive-aggressively apply some pressure to the decision makers above him.

Or maybe he acknowledged it because a plan to fix the yeti is finally in the offing.

I think if he’s publicly acknowledging it, there’s a plan in place to fix it. Disney seems like the kind of company with the motto: ‘It’s only a problem if you have a solution”

I think people need to really look at the Yeti situation realistically.

It's basically been a decade since the AA was in operation. Hell, the yeti was barely operational for 2 years before that. In that decade, Expedition Everest is still one of the most popular rides at the resort, and easily at DAK. DAK just got a big expansion and is currently more crowded than ever. They're not going to take a big, people eating ride down to fix an effect that hasn't been running for the majority of the attraction's lifespan.

It's basically been a decade since the AA was in operation. Hell, the yeti was barely operational for 2 years before that. In that decade, Expedition Everest is still one of the most popular rides at the resort, and easily at DAK. DAK just got a big expansion and is currently more crowded than ever. They're not going to take a big, people eating ride down to fix an effect that hasn't been running for the majority of the attraction's lifespan.
Didn’t they do that to the Matterhorn at Disneyland? I heard the original AAs never worked, but they replaced them with a few new ones.

While it’s unlikely to happen, with Avatar open, it does make the Yeti getting repaired more likely to happen.

AK needs something else major to make the repair readable without annoying everybody visiting the park.

Didn’t they do that to the Matterhorn at Disneyland? I heard the original AAs never worked, but they replaced them with a few new ones.

They redid the Matterhorn recently, sure. But the Matterhorn is decades old.

I'm not saying that the yeti will never be fixed or replaced somewhere in the future, I just don't think we should be holding our breaths that it'll happen any time soon

I think the Matterhorn is a much easier fix plus if the Matterhorn goes down, DL has a lot more to offer, AK has Avatar and Dinosaur.

Last edited:
I think Rohde was just impressed with someone outside of the theme park world recognizing him. My take is that his public response was just an ego thing. :)