Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

And I'm sure it's been the plan since DHS went Osborne-less as well. Only time will tell if they'll try to do more than just Jingle Bell Jingle Bam to compete this year.

I'm delighted Universal is going for christmas. They own Halloween and they builded up Mardi Gras to another huge event (I was there when there where 5 floats and BB King on the small stage opposite Mell's Diner and only 200 guests having the time of their life wondering why people are stupid to miss this free event).

Universal builds up these annual events but also changes them yearly unlike the rodent down the road. Now it's clearly time to go for the holidays, keeping fan favorites like Manheim and Grinch but rebuild Macy's and add multiple christmas fun to Potter. Give it a few more years and they own the holidays too.

The "rodent down the road", and Sea World for that matter, simply do Christmas too well for that to happen. Even a lot of area hotels step their game up. There's just too many flavors of Christmas. Some people will want ridiculous flair, some more traditional or religious offerings, and some the specific Potter events.

IMG_1749.jpg

And what ever that is...

IMG_1750.jpg

Screamscape has a fun rumor about another potential new holiday offering that could be added in the future:
Screamscape said:
Rumor time… Minions + Christmas Lights… could this be a thing? I’m not quite sure at this time, but I’m hearing rumors of a future Christmas season holiday entertainment proposal for Universal Studios Florida that would take the concept of what would happen if Gru’s Minions were let loose upon the park to decorate for the Christmas season, with the result being something that might have put Disney’s former Osborne Lights display to shame.
While the park did just announce new a new parade for the holiday season in 2017, it could be possible to see a unique light display added over the next year or two to help add-on to the holiday fun and offer a new kind of holiday attraction they’ve never tried to do at Universal before.
I personally love the idea, especially if it is spread out across most of the park.

Anything that would fill the gaping hole Osborne Family lights left behind would be a win.
I can imagine that the Minions messed things up for the girls and try to make it good to present them with the best christmas light spectacular ever. Opening each night with the girls, Gru and the Minions, I'd love that.

So if i'm reading that right, the balloons will now be exclusive to UOR, which is why they are able to start before Thanksgiving now (they don't need to wait for the balloons to ship from NYC).... right?

So if i'm reading that right, the balloons will now be exclusive to UOR, which is why they are able to start before Thanksgiving now (they don't need to wait for the balloons to ship from NYC).... right?
Yes. All new balloons. And some new floats. It will be interesting to see what they do with this new parade.

It is way to early for those that are visiting this week, but I understand that it actually takes them several weeks to get all the decorations up.

The Christmas lights on Cinderella Castle started going up over a month ago.

Unfortunately it can't all go up in a day like I do at my house.

Other than the castle, MK has done it overnight before, but it’s probably an expensive process that most parks would like to avoid organizing.

Holidays start in 3 weeks. Do you complain when they put up HHN decorations weeks before the event?

As a Brit, I find Halloween incredibly over the top in the US. It’s a week long thing max here.

I’ve been doing Christmas things in work since August and it’s getting earlier every year.