Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UP! A Great Bird Adventure

Over on Magic they’re speculating that it’ll be replaced by another show. What’s the likelihood of a new script that still revolves around the natural behavior of birds? That would require minimal (if any) changes to infrastructure, and this is rumored to be a quick turnaround for the 20th anniversary.

Over on Magic they’re speculating that it’ll be replaced by another show. What’s the likelihood of a new script that still revolves around the natural behavior of birds? That would require minimal (if any) changes to infrastructure, and this is rumored to be a quick turnaround for the 20th anniversary.

You cant change a show with live animals quickly - unless they arent changing the scenery or anything and have been doing rehearsals with the animals already. Especially birds.

They do a thing they've been trained to do in order to get a treat at the same time, in the same place, with nearly all identical conditions. A guest taking a flash photo can spook the critter and they'll refuse to ever do the trick again.

You cant change a show with live animals quickly - unless they arent changing the scenery or anything and have been doing rehearsals with the animals already. Especially birds.

They do a thing they've been trained to do in order to get a treat at the same time, in the same place, with nearly all identical conditions. A guest taking a flash photo can spook the critter and they'll refuse to ever do the trick again.
That’s exactly what I’m saying; new script with the same birds and tricks. You can easily keep the same set and “cast” of birds and make a different show just by changing out or dropping the Guano Joe storyline.

That’s exactly what I’m saying; new script with the same birds and tricks. You can easily keep the same set and “cast” of birds and make a different show just by changing out or dropping the Guano Joe storyline.

I've never seen the show, nor do I care to, and this Guano Joe thing just reaffirms my choice not to do so.

Aubrey-Plaza-Stares-At-You-With-Disbelief-Reaction-Gif.gif

I do wonder if this is part of a plan for a walking path back to Planet Watch and the expansion pad behind Asia. Maybe an alternate path from the train short-term, area to access new expansion longer-term?
If Zootopia moves into the expansion pad behind Asia this would be a nice logical location to enter the land on foot, perfectly situated between two other lands.

Whatever the reason, if this ends up being true, I'll be sad to see the show go. It was one of my favorite animal shows in town.

My wife and I visited animal kingdom yesterday and used flights of wonder as a place to sit after Everest made us a bit quesy and I have to say, it was one of the best parts of our day. The trainer and other CM who participated did an excellent job, even made a few jokes that were off the cuff and really funny, and the birds were wonderful to watch. I am so glad we were able to see this and disappointed that it will be the only time we get to.