UP! A Great Bird Adventure

belloq87

Veteran Member
Dec 7, 2009
Universal Exports
It's nice to hear they're reworking the show, but the report says they're trying to make it "funnier," which I don't think is necessarily the appropriate fix. The problem, to me, seems to be the integration (or lack thereof) of the costume characters and their prerecorded dialogue into a live show setting with variables that are not always set in stone. That's the real issue.

Mad Dog

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
Good to see corrections are going to be made to fix the problems. Wish Universal would have done the same to fix the corny dialogue in Sindbad, final scene in Poseidon's Fury, F&F pre shows, and F&F musion show....You'd think they could find better writers.....Hopefully, Bourne doesn't end up with all corny dialogue.

ThemeParks4Life

Veteran Member
Nov 15, 2012
Central Florida
Good to see corrections are going to be made to fix the problems. Wish Universal would have done the same to fix the corny dialogue in Sindbad, final scene in Poseidon's Fury, F&F pre shows, and F&F musion show....You'd think they could find better writers.....Hopefully, Bourne doesn't end up with all corny dialogue.
They should have fixed everything about F&F tbf

Reactions: Mad Dog

Legacy

Veteran Member
Jul 27, 2015

UP wasn't a comedy. It had funny parts, but apart from Dug speaking dog, there was no steady stream of guffaws.

"Funnier" isn't the way this should go. It almost sounds like WDW doesn't have the pulse of their source.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

Jamesh22

Premium Member
Mar 13, 2018
I would love an UP dark ride instead of a show.
Something along the lines of a modern Peter Pans Flight. We could all be in mini 'Spirit of Adventure' blimps traveling to Paradise falls, maybe the story is we are all trying to get a wilderness explorer badge with the help of Carl Russel and Dug, with something inevitably going a bit wrong when Dug spots a Squirel :grin: