Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 390 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I specifically meant USF as far as additions.

And you're right. I'm looking at it as people having more options. Even when they closed Kidzone Pizza was disappointed. Granted International Food and Film sold Pizza as well but it was great having that particular option nearby.

We're adults, but I used to work the area and frequent it now with a kid and kids loved the whackyness. IDK I hope Nintendo comes with some climbing obstacles, or props, or a Camp Jurassic type of area that helps with more than just "Rides" if you get what I'm saying.

Donkey Kong has a play area attached to it, unless things have massively changed.

The land itself is going to be HIGHLY interactive. I don’t think the kids will have a problem finding stuff to do there

Donkey Kong has a play area attached to it, unless things have massively changed.

The land itself is going to be HIGHLY interactive. I don’t think the kids will have a problem finding stuff to do there
Thats what I like to hear. Stuff to do lol. Nothing I ever did on RTC can compare to the vision a few screenshots of what this could be! I'm excited now!

Reactions: JungleSkip
Kong was an addition as well.

And sorry, but replacing little-frequented attractions with full bore E/D tickets is a massive, massive upgrade any way you slice it.

The only lateral move would be MIB -> Pokemon, and Disneyhead seems to be implying some of the expansion pad behind MIB will be used to make it a mini land
I am under the impression that MiB will be flattened (ok, I said it. Flattened.) and that pad will be combined with the adjacent expansion pad for Nintendo that is not Mario. I got the impression there could be more than one attraction involved. I suspect that this is where we might see a couple of flats along with an E.

Pokemon has been mention by some as "what they heard". This won't be happening immediately. Most likely after MoM opens.

I am under the impression that MiB will be flattened (ok, I said it. Flattened.) and that pad will be combined with the adjacent expansion pad for Nintendo that is not Mario. I got the impression there could be more than one attraction involved. I suspect that this is where we might see a couple of flats along with an E.

Pokemon has been mention by some as "what they heard". This won't be happening immediately. Most likely after MoM opens.

One big Pokémon ride with some Pokémon themed flats and (hopefully) an "I Choose You" experience like Ollivanders would be a complete home run.

I figured this would be post MOM. Makes no sense to close MIB before then

Pokémon and Mario in the same park is a mistake imo. They’re Nintendo’s biggest franchises so it would make more sense to split them up across different parks to further incentivize a multi day/multi park ticket. There will be people coming to this that have never been to Universal before. Why keep all of them in one park?

Mario in USF
Zelda in IoA
Pokémon in Site B

Pokémon and Mario in the same park is a mistake imo. They’re Nintendo’s biggest franchises so it would make more sense to split them up across different parks to further incentivize a multi day/multi park ticket. There will be people coming to this that have never been to Universal before. Why keep all of them in one park?

Mario in USF
Zelda in IoA
Pokémon in Site B
I'm hearing Zelda as a major anchor for Site B/P4rk. And I'm feeling it's a lock. I've had several (2) exceptionally reputable sources say it.

My sources never said Pokemon for MiB, just Nintendo that's not Mario. But multiple theme park community members that seem to be in the know have said it's Pokemon.

Rumors are flying around like crazy. Like the air is electric kind of buzzing going on. I'm trying to be specific about what I feel pretty confident about and what is just a community "rumor".

Like, the LotR rumor is from one theme park community member who is pretty well connected and a drunk guy in bar who was oddly knowledgeable about these kinds of things.

I'm hearing Zelda as a major anchor for Site B/P4rk. And I'm feeling it's a lock. I've had several (2) exceptionally reputable sources say it.

You're speaking my language.

My sources never said Pokemon for MiB, just Nintendo that's not Mario. But multiple theme park community members that seem to be in the know have said it's Pokemon.

For the record, I know squat about this MIB rumor. But Pokémon seems like the only option. It's the biggest property outside of Zelda and Mario, and is worthy of an E-ticket.

Literally the only other thing I could see it being outside of that, and it's a real curve ball, would be Splatoon. It's their biggest new IP of the last few years and has been selling really well on Switch.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
It'd be a little odd...but at the same time, realistically, how long can the Simpsons Ride go on? The ride is in terrible shape as-is, and the ride system is near 30 years old.

Which makes me wonder why it wouldn’t go first before MIB. Yes, they did it recently - but that didn’t stop Pixar Pier.

Which makes me wonder why it wouldn’t go first before MIB. Yes, they did it recently - but that didn’t stop Pixar Pier.

If I had to guess: Contracts and money generated

The Simpsons ride is pretty beat, but Fast Food Boulevard and the Simpsons merch generates a lot of sales, not even factoring in stuff like Duff Beer sales

I do think Springfield is worth keeping, though. It's a nifty little land based off an iconic and beloved TV show with some great themed dining. Simpsons just needs to a ground-up rebuild for the existing ride, or a new Simpsons ride in general.

Rumors are flying around like crazy. Like the air is electric kind of buzzing going on. I'm trying to be specific about what I feel pretty confident about and what is just a community "rumor".

Like, the LotR rumor is from one theme park community member who is pretty well connected and a drunk guy in bar who was oddly knowledgeable about these kinds of things.
Luigi maybe? ;)

I wish...

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I do think Springfield is worth keeping, though. It's a nifty little land based off an iconic and beloved TV show with some great themed dining. Simpsons just needs to a ground-up rebuild for the existing ride, or a new Simpsons ride in general.

And how's that gonna work out, especially with SNW rumored to take over Kidzone which is just in front of Springfield and the Simpsons building? I'm not sure it would be really possible to have a Simpsons AA ride for now, Hollywood can't make up for it either.

And how's that gonna work out, especially with SNW rumored to take over Kidzone which is just in front of Springfield and the Simpsons building? I'm not sure it would be really possible to have a Simpsons AA ride for now, Hollywood can't make up for it either.

If they can fit an AA ride where the Shrek building is, they can definitely fit one where Simpsons is.

Now, I don’t thing that’ll ever happen, but it’s certainly possible

Reactions: Mike S and jrn14