Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 392 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For HHN, I would think they gain a house area back with the F&F queue. Would they then remove the tent by the theatre...maybe move a sprung to there.

I’m sure they have something in mind.

Naw, they were implying that the critical difference between VR/AR and a theme park is the physical presence. VR/AR can't substitute for actual physical presence in an immersive experience.

Interesting idea. The VR world at home must be an imaginary world, I guess AR interplays with the outside world.

A theme park is a physical VR world already.

Say if Super Nintendo World does open, would it be open normally during Halloween Horror Nights like the Diagon Alley? I remember in the early 2000s, ET Adventure used to be opened during HHN.

Say if Super Nintendo World does open, would it be open normally during Halloween Horror Nights like the Diagon Alley? I remember in the early 2000s, ET Adventure used to be opened during HHN.

I think it will. It's going to be too much of an attraction not to be open.

NEWS (and speculation!)

Universal: Nintendo plans expansion at park | WFTV | WFTV

Sources told Channel 9 that Universal Studios plans to eventually add more Nintendo rides and attractions to Islands of Adventure and the recently purchased 500 acres of land on the other side of Interstate 4 near Universal Boulevard.

Originally, the Nintendo project was only expected at Universal Studios Florida, slated to take a portion out of the KidZone section where the Woody Woodpecker and Barney rides are located.

Building permits released Tuesday include an 8.8-acre Super Mario Land in that spot, with Donkey Kong and Mario Kart sections.

Sources have said the idea is to expand on a possible film project with Illumination Entertainment, the studio behind "Despicable Me," to eventually make a Super Mario Brothers CG movie.

"Nintendo has so much to offer for them to just confine it to a small kiddie land inside an existing park to me, personally, doesn't make a lot of sense,” Thom Pratt, with The Kingdom Insider told Eyewitness News.

Universal Orlando said it would not comment on speculation.

Japan is scheduled to open its Nintendo land in 2020.

Universal Orlando is scheduled for shortly after that.

EDIT: Building permits? TUESDAY. Well, that's now? Where are they. Gimme gimme gimme!

Hopefully, with Comcast acquiring 20th Century Fox and FX/FXX cable networks, Site B should be very, very interesting. However, I also fear it might hinder SNW expansions as well, so that should be taken into consideration as well. Anyways, the Lost Continent should be axed for the Nintendo IP, the area seems so lifeless and hopeless especially it's the only area without a major ride other than an outdated show.

Reactions: Mike S
NEWS (and speculation!)

Universal: Nintendo plans expansion at park | WFTV | WFTV

Sources told Channel 9 that Universal Studios plans to eventually add more Nintendo rides and attractions to Islands of Adventure and the recently purchased 500 acres of land on the other side of Interstate 4 near Universal Boulevard.

Originally, the Nintendo project was only expected at Universal Studios Florida, slated to take a portion out of the KidZone section where the Woody Woodpecker and Barney rides are located.

Building permits released Tuesday include an 8.8-acre Super Mario Land in that spot, with Donkey Kong and Mario Kart sections.

Sources have said the idea is to expand on a possible film project with Illumination Entertainment, the studio behind "Despicable Me," to eventually make a Super Mario Brothers CG movie.

"Nintendo has so much to offer for them to just confine it to a small kiddie land inside an existing park to me, personally, doesn't make a lot of sense,” Thom Pratt, with The Kingdom Insider told Eyewitness News.

Universal Orlando said it would not comment on speculation.

Japan is scheduled to open its Nintendo land in 2020.

Universal Orlando is scheduled for shortly after that.

EDIT: Building permits? TUESDAY. Well, that's now? Where are they. Gimme gimme gimme!
BOO!!!

That likely means Link going in to Lost Continent. Poor Berk. Guess I still have no reason to come back to Orlando.

Unless it means Pokémon going into Toon Lagoon.

Pikmin for P4rk?

BOO!!!

That likely means Link going in to Lost Continent. Poor Berk. Guess I still have no reason to come back to Orlando.

Unless it means Pokémon going into Toon Lagoon.

Pikmin for P4rk?

I still think Berk happens at some point. I’d also think Toon Lagoon is more ripe for replacement for a nintendo property than LC.

The article is short and vague, I can't find anything obvious on the City of Orlando permit site (although it may be masked with a project #)

Only think I can figure is the reporter has a source in he permit office and they haven’t hit the site yet

I still think Berk happens at some point. I’d also think Toon Lagoon is more ripe for replacement for a nintendo property than LC.

Not really, the Toon Lagoon has the Dudley Do-Rights ride, which is a response to Disney's Splash Mountain rides. It also has the Popeyes Ride as well making up for a good splash. Plus, it's good for the summer too since not many people are into water parks as going to theme parks. The Lost Continent is agreed upon the users here that it's gonna get axed one way or the other.

Reactions: Mike S
So this confirms KidZone? Where those permits?
I think its Project 487 if that helps anyone track them down...

I found some that might be related:

ENG2017-00773
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO PROJECT 487

ENG2017-00801
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO P487

These may be show buildings?

BLD2017-04265
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO P487

BLD2017-05405
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO P487

I dunno. The permitting site's all weird now that they updated it. Am I on to anything? There's also old permits for trailers on the site using that project number, but that's not relevant anymore I don't think. (And none of these are from today, so still waiting on a new one.)

Reactions: danielmann910
The article is short and vague, I can't find anything obvious on the City of Orlando permit site (although it may be masked with a project #)

Only think I can figure is the reporter has a source in he permit office and they haven’t hit the site yet

When they do hit, I believe we're looking for Project 273.

EDIT: maybe not. 487?