Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

Kinda off topic...

but did anyone realize Six Flags Mexico has the rights to Stranger Things?? They made a maze off it this year... wonder if that might diminish our chances for next year.

WTF.PNG
Translation (I tried my best):

Hawkins used to be a peaceful city, until a few days ago when that atmosphere dissipated and showed the strangest facts ever reported. Little Will is still missing, vanished without a trace and now there are those who claim that a terrible creature took him away. Will's mother, Joyce, has lost her sanity completely and no one wants to help her. Tonight you'll be part of the search group to find Will, crossing mysterious places like Joyce's house, the dark forest, the laboratory where strange and unusual things happen, but be careful where you go, the terrifying creature can be real ...
EDIT: Found a walkthrough if any of you want to watch

Honestly, that's not that bad. And with the stuff from this recent season mixed in, and, if we're lucky, possible stuff from Season 3 mixed in could make a great house in the future.

That was pretty terrible. Not a single scare in that entire thing. Just a bunch of regular people running around screaming, "WILL?!" I still don't think this would make a good maze. Like, at all. Season 3 might get it to maze quality, but as of now, there's a whole lot of nothing to make it successfully work.

That was pretty terrible. Not a single scare in that entire thing. Just a bunch of regular people running around screaming, "WILL?!" I still don't think this would make a good maze. Like, at all. Season 3 might get it to maze quality, but as of now, there's a whole lot of nothing to make it successfully work.
EDIT: Jesus Christ I somehow posted it without any text (LOL) but yeah I agree with you. Maybe it's me being me since I'm kinda sick of Stranger Things and have a distaste for it but I don't think it could translate well into a maze.

Tonight was fun, I got plenty of final runs and once again experienced the final Terror tram. The highlight of the night was probably the black walls chant that started on Terror tram. So here's to 2017, you should've been a lot better but you were still a lot of fun. Time to hop aboard the 2018 hype train.

The final Terror Tram was quite amazing, it was my first closing Terror Tram, and if my sources are correct it will be my last as well.

Someone told you Terror Tram isn't returning next year? Yeah right. That thing is needed for distributing attendance across the park evenly. It has a 99% conversion rate/throughput of all the customers in the park. Even if it's not in the same spot next year, they'll have some Tram experience. Otherwise, the lines will be a freakin' nightmare. It doesn't matter if it sucks, is stale, and everyone hates it now -- it's a necessary evil for park operations. Also with it closed, capacity shrinks, which means less guests get in the park, which means less $$$.

That "this is the final Terror Tram" rumor pops up every year. I promise you. And that's only wishful thinking from the haters trying to enforce their ideas into the event, but they'll never happen. That'd be like me saying every year, "a little birdy told me Scream is coming next year." Truth is, our input isn't as valuable as we like to think. It's the major GP opinion that matters. For example, we've been complaining about black wall transitions since AWIL -- and they've only gotten worse in length and are currently in every maze. Terror Tram will stay, because what we want doesn't matter.

For the record, I LOVE the Terror Tram. Even when it's bad. It's like the Friday the 13th series of the event.

Last edited:
Goodbye HHN2017, to all of you I met tonight, it was great meeting you! And it was absolutely amazing to see John one last time as the creative director and shake his hand, thanking him for everything he has done for the event. Assuming he is leaving, if not then I’m very emotional right now for no reason.

It wasn’t a fantastic year, but it wasn’t a terrible year in my opinion. The Shining is still my #1 of all time

Someone told you Terror Tram isn't returning next year? Yeah right. That thing is needed for distributing attendance across the park evenly. It has a 99% conversion rate/throughput of all the customers in the park. Even if it's not in the same spot next year, they'll have some Tram experience. Otherwise, the lines will be a freakin' nightmare. It doesn't matter if it sucks, is stale, and everyone hates it now -- it's a necessary evil for park operations.
I'm desperately hoping it isn't true, as it holds a sentimentality in my heart, but I think that's what Murdy was saying about this year being sentimental to him. He loves Tram more than anything else at the event. It would also explain why tram specifically was advertised throughout the park, to drive more attendance in hopes of saving it.

I'm desperately hoping it isn't true, as it holds a sentimentality in my heart, but I think that's what Murdy was saying about this year being sentimental to him. He loves Tram more than anything else at the event. It would also explain why tram specifically was advertised throughout the park, to drive more attendance in hopes of saving it.
Sorry to double post, but I just remembered that the source mentioned that Universal has their eye on replacing whoville and war of the worlds, which would also mean TT's demise, at least temporarily.

Sorry to double post, but I just remembered that the source mentioned that Universal has their eye on replacing whoville and war of the worlds, which would also mean TT's demise, at least temporarily.
This is actually true, but they've been in the plans for awhile now. Heck, they announced NintendoWorld quite a long time ago and still no progress. Didn't they demolish an entire historic sound stage for a Secret Life of Pets ride?! Where's that at?! Universal is awfully slow at getting around to their construction0. I kinda just don't believe anything Universal says about their plans. My hope would be they go back to the OG Terror Tram, where you stay in your seat and actually do the Studio Tour but haunted.

Farewell HHN 2017. Despite the dip in quality, it was still the most fun I had all year, and even HHN's worst year is BETTER than KSF on it's best night, any freakin' day! I'll fondly remember you like I have the rest. Thank you Murdy, Williams, and the rest of the team. Let's come back strong next year!!!