So when will the Kid Zone closures begin? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But ET -> Nintendo is not the same as “not investing”. You may not like it, but it’d be the opposite of bad for the park

I didn't say it would be "bad" for the park, I said it would probably result in me not liking the park as much. I've said many times I get why they would do it.

And no, Universal shouldn't make decisions based on what I want. It's just frustrating sometimes to see so many things I really like disappear.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Except that’s exactly what it means. These parks are there to make money and help people have fun. Anything that raises revenue and brigs more people in is exactly good for the park.
If I may interject. I feel many decisions are being made for short term gains in attendance and revenue. The long view is lacking at WDW and to a lesser extent at UOR.
If they persist in this direction they are left with today's IPs and maybe they will be good for the long run but maybe they are just putting in what is popular today and expecting the money and will to update them will be found in the future. It works for bonuses but kicks the can down the road to future management to sacrifice their bonus when upgrades/changes have to happen due to falling attendance and revenue.

We are in the biggest spending boom since the golden age of the parks, will we see stagnation such as WDW had for the last 10 - 12 years? Probably so unless the higher ups can see a way to profit from investing. The current mindset is skewed from "Bob's" statement that the Orlando parks are a "mature" portion of TWDC and the rebuttal from Comcast that many gains are still to be realized.

I hope they both can develop attractions that will draw for years and they can reap the megabucks but if they just put those in the back pocket we the fans will suffer years of the same things - again.

If I may interject. I feel many decisions are being made for short term gains in attendance and revenue. The long view is lacking at WDW and to a lesser extent at UOR.
If they persist in this direction they are left with today's IPs and maybe they will be good for the long run but maybe they are just putting in what is popular today and expecting the money and will to update them will be found in the future. It works for bonuses but kicks the can down the road to future management to sacrifice their bonus when upgrades/changes have to happen due to falling attendance and revenue.

We are in the biggest spending boom since the golden age of the parks, will we see stagnation such as WDW had for the last 10 - 12 years? Probably so unless the higher ups can see a way to profit from investing. The current mindset is skewed from "Bob's" statement that the Orlando parks are a "mature" portion of TWDC and the rebuttal from Comcast that many gains are still to be realized.

I hope they both can develop attractions that will draw for years and they can reap the megabucks but if they just put those in the back pocket we the fans will suffer years of the same things - again.

I’m not sure I agree. I don’t think anything major that’s currently slated to come to WDW/Uni is a flash in the pan. Nintendo has 30+ years of being the most recognizable game characters out there. Potter and Toy Story are going strong after 2 decades. Star Wars after 4.

Only thing that’s maybe a flash in the pan is Guardians, as they’ve been a very niche group of characters before the past few years, but a roller coaster will always be popular

Yeah outside of Avatar and probably GOTG the replacements and new lands have just as lasting appeal than Jaws and ET. HP is more well known and will be for longer than Jaws will be and ET is great for nostalgia, but Nintendo is just as big or bigger IMo.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah outside of Avatar and probably GOTG the replacements and new lands have just as lasting appeal than Jaws and ET. HP is more well known and will be for longer than Jaws will be and ET is great for nostalgia, but Nintendo is just as big or bigger IMo.
I also think they made Pandora generic enough so as it can be changed if the really need to down the line and a roller coaster's theme can be changed easily within 6 months tops.

Reactions: JungleSkip
To assume that taking away E.T. to make Nintendo bigger automatically makes the park better without knowing exactly what would replace E.T. is assuming a lot. If its for something like a Luigi's Mansion, then I'm willing to listen. But if its for something like Kirby flat rides then I say no. We are already getting 3 great Nintendo rides (supposedly) with E.T. staying. What else could they add that would make it worth losing E.T. over?

What else could they add that would make it worth losing E.T. over?

How much time do you have? ET is a mediocre ride, IMO. Jaws and Kong were far superior, and both were replaced with rides as good or better than them. I don’t have any doubt that ET’s replacement would be an improvement as long as Nintendo is demanding quality

To assume that taking away E.T. to make Nintendo bigger automatically makes the park better without knowing exactly what would replace E.T. is assuming a lot. If its for something like a Luigi's Mansion, then I'm willing to listen. But if its for something like Kirby flat rides then I say no. We are already getting 3 great Nintendo rides (supposedly) with E.T. staying. What else could they add that would make it worth losing E.T. over?

Anything that has an extremely high capacity and can feature multiple high quality attractions in one. As much as people say quality....after Pandora and Potter expansions, I can say most people would want quality and quantity. The more capacity, the more likely virtual queuing and other goals of Universal will work because for it to work people need to spread out and I think Nintendo could be their best option for that.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I agree... what if it's a spinner that replaces ET or Kirby's 4D theater adventure... not all replacements are improvements.

Secondly I can't see Fallon or Fast and the Furious have everlasting appeal as far as IPs go.

Projects don't change at the last minute like this.
I think you replied to the wrong thread Joe. This isn’t F&F, this is the Nintendo- where nothing has started construction, nothing has closed, and no concept art has been issued.
Can projects change “first minute”?
Also I'm not sure why people are acting as tho the Nintendo stuff has been cancelled. Far, far, far, far, far from the case.
I don’t believe anyone said Nintendo stuff has been cancelled, in fact, quite the opposite. Delayed? Yes. Cut? Not that I read. In fact, the new rumor is that it expanded.

But as you know, this is all just conjecture. Once that shovel hits the ground, we’ll have a better idea (hopefully).

I think you replied to the wrong thread Joe. This isn’t F&F, this is the Nintendo- where nothing has started construction, nothing has closed, and no concept art has been issued.
Can projects change “first minute”?

I don’t believe anyone said Nintendo stuff has been cancelled, in fact, quite the opposite. That it’s been expanded upon. Delayed? Yes. Cut? Not that I read.
But as you know, this is all just conjecture. Once that shovel hits the ground, we’ll have a better idea (hopefully).

To be fair, visuals for Osaka have been shown, twice. One for a promo video back in June; and the other for an 3d visual piece from last year.

And if you want to technically include leaks, the original pitch comes to mind for Super Nintendo World with all of those photos from Gary Snyder, and along with the Boom Coaster patent that is seeming to be used for Donkey Kong.

That said, I do agree that I doubt SNW has been canceled. In-fact, if Nintendo wanted more, I now have to really question the longevity of ET at this point. And, that I am now really curious about what will be added for all the three versions, as I doubt this is just relating to Orlando that Nintendo is seeing it at (looks to what was said of Osaka and possibly of Hollywood here on the forums).

To be fair, visuals for Osaka have been shown, twice. One for a promo video back in June; and the other for an 3d visual piece from last year.

Right. And Osaka certainly doesn’t have an ET equivelant to close, nor do they have an MiB/Pokémon equivelant.
I believe SNW in Orlando will be noticeably different/larger than Osaka. If nothing else due to the multiple parks.
That’s why I’m not taking much stock in USJ’s concept art that Universal specifically mentioned is USJ’s concept art. If it was going to be identical across the board and that was set in stone, a distinction might not have been mentioned.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
From ET wrapping all the way around to MIB is a hike. It had better be worth it if we're truly going to lose MIB. I will assume it will be, as Universal will have someone looking over them to make sure Pokemon is well represented, but still hate to see it go. Unfortunately, it's sitting on it's own island there right now so it actually makes a lot of sense to replace.

From ET wrapping all the way around to MIB is a hike. It had better be worth it if we're truly going to lose MIB. I will assume it will be, as Universal will have someone looking over them to make sure Pokemon is well represented, but still hate to see it go. Unfortunately, it's sitting on it's own island there right now so it actually makes a lot of sense to replace.

giphy.gif

Thinking bout it, I thought to myself right now; "What would be that size to begin with, of KZ in it's entirety, along with the expansion plot and MIB"..and this is the result.

w2UdfOj.jpg

If they do that, Nintendo would basically be the Hogsmeade of Orlando but on a larger scale.

Reactions: Andysol
giphy.gif

Thinking bout it, I thought to myself right now; "What would be that size to begin with, of KZ in it's entirety, along with the expansion plot and MIB"..and this is the result.

w2UdfOj.jpg

If they do that, Nintendo would basically be the Hogsmeade of Orlando but on a larger scale.
Hogsmede and Diagon combined are only 22 acres.

Reactions: Andysol