Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

I've always imagined water rides to bring in more money than most, considering what people spend on locker rentals, ponchos, family dryers, t-shirts after getting soaked, etc. I've personally invested in all of these just to ride water rides.

I've always imagined water rides to bring in more money than most, considering what people spend on locker rentals, ponchos, family dryers, t-shirts after getting soaked, etc. I've personally invested in all of these just to ride water rides.

A lot of people just won’t do them. In terms of money, things like SSE (think for a minute how many items depict it) and Pirates which large percentages of park guest experience (up to 70% of park population) take in the money.

A water ride sort of self limits. 30-40% or so in summer, far far less in the winter if seen as a soaker. It’s similar to most thrill rides but with a small dip in summer and a huge drop in winter that really limits the guest population they attract.

Can't forget the water guns littered around the ride.

Not really that ironic, the area already had a pretty large artificial pond, plus the water is being cycled so there isn't always new water constantly being filtered through.

Not really that ironic, the area already had a pretty large artificial pond, plus the water is being cycled so there isn't always new water constantly being filtered through.

Maybe they’re showing what’s possible with recycled water. If SeaWorld can make a ride out it, imagine what you can do at home.

The small capacity might be all that’s needed. Like @WAJAS98 said, Mako is only a 5min wait and it’s probably the best new ride last year.

Yea, it’s small because of land size constraints. This ain’t like Busch Gardens’ super wide Congo with lots of space to work with. It’s a skinny river ride utilizing every inch it can to make a ride inside a tight spot.

The elevator lift should be fast moving though, like Cobra’s Curse fast. So shouldn’t cause backups or slowdowns.

It’ll be a fun ride, but certainly have long lines on hot days... No different than Atlantis really.

I think the declining attendance will help out with the wait times.
Yes. Like Hong Kong Disney. Even the best E tickets (Mystic Manor , Grizzly, etc.) are walk ons most of the time. Or those new parks in Dubai where they wait until someone shows up to ride the attraction before they run it. If there's few people in the park, there sure isn't going to be long lines. It doesn't matter how good the attraction is.