Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

I agree with your overall sentiment about video games and theme parks, but Sonic would be insanely easy to translate to a ride and Uncharted would essentially be Universal's Indiana Jones.
I agree that Sonic could translate great into a themed family coaster, but the problem with Sonic is his lack of consistency. He's definitely an iconic character that kids love, but in terms of his games, there's great ones like the originals, Colors, Generations, Mania, etc., as well as extremely mediocre ones like Heroes, Lost World, Unleashed, and downright godawful ones such as 06 and Boom. And his lack of consistency isn't only in quality, but in design. There's classic Sonic, Adventure-era Sonic, modern Sonic, Boom Sonic, etc. Each of them have different designs, voice actors, worlds they inhibit, etc. If they go with say, Modern Sonic when creating the land, who knows if it'd immediately become irrelevant with a new version of the character? That's why I think Sonic could translate well into parks, but I don't think it's a good idea.

I can't understand why you would ask that? Either it is inside info and can't be shared or it is made up and won't be shared. How about we step back and wait to see what spills out?

I was just curious, that's all. Either it's from a rumors from another board or something, it's not really that explicit.

I was just curious, that's all. Either it's from a rumors from another board or something, it's not really that explicit.
And it never will be, that is a DM question and if he/she is willing to answer they will but to burn a source on a public forum is not happening. Kinda like asking "why are you with that person". Not really yours to know

If we made a Sonic ride based on Sonic Mania, would that be okay? :look:

I’m not the person to ask. I’m if the opinion that even the “good” Sonic games are poorly designed, messy platformers, especially compared to the rest of the era
Sonic Mania begs to differ. :tongue:

An imitation of what was barely good in the 90s. Consider me unimpressed

And what areas are those? Families with young kids and nostalgia seeking adults?

Geographically:East Asia and Brazil. They have ownership claims in those parks in Asia to include full ownership of USJ where Sonic is not even a top 50 multimedia IP despite originating in the country and lacks Chinese fans. While Sonic is having a extremely minor resurgence here in the states, its not seen worldwide. (Facts the Sega cafes and theme parks in Japan do not do well). And before the argument comes domestic guests are so important, part of the reason Universal Orlando Resort is conducting a partnership with the Florida Cup and sponsoring two Brazilian teams is to increase tourism from their as the attendance increase this year was extremely modest and not a positive forecast.

Let's remember who we're talking about. Uni announcing anything at IAAPA would break their longstanding allergy to making good announcement decisions

And I agree, but that I am not surprised about the finalizations going around IAAPA, as the manufacturers responsible for the possible attractions will be able to show off prototypes of what they've done for UC and Nintendo thus far from videos and photos.

I highly doubt we'd get any form of announcement for SNW, but that I do think if they are finalizing SNW, this would be a good time for Universal and Nintendo to get constructive feedback from the groups involved in the construction of everything relating to Super Nintendo World on a technical level.

Well, I did find out a bit of information. It appears there was or is problems with scale regarding Mario. Scale issues with tech and throughput. Now what the scaling exactly pertains to I do not know but it does jive with what Alicia heard.

My take: For there to be delays, I would think the scale is regarding the vehicle tech and number of cars on the track at any one time; making them do what they want them to do. On the other hand, it might be the issue of AR, but I would doubt that would cause delays in construction.

This information comes from inside, but not as deep inside as I would prefer.

Well, I did find out a bit of information. It appears there was or is problems with scale regarding Mario. Scale issues with tech and throughput. Now what the scaling exactly pertains to I do not know but it does jive with what Alicia heard.

My take: For there to be delays, I would think the scale is regarding the vehicle tech and number of cars on the track at any one time; making them do what they want them to do. On the other hand, it might be the issue of AR, but I would doubt that would cause delays in construction.

This information comes from inside, but not as deep inside as I would prefer.

Other than the AR, this was my biggest question mark on Mario Kart. Just knowing what it is and what they want it to do, I was worried about capacity.

Could it possibly be they're making more Nintendo attractions to try and break up the crowds going there?