Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I've said it before, but I'll repeat it again. IU posters are usually very fair to Disney attractions, especially the new attractions. And, there's considerable discussion on this site concerning WDW, it's parks and attractions. Most of the comments on the various Disney threads are pretty fair handed, and Universal generally gets about the same degree of criticism that Disney does. But, if you ever read the primarily Disney theme park site (WDW Magic, TPI, etc.)s, you encounter primarily negative comments directed towards Universal parks and their attractions on the rare occasions their posters even acknowledge Universal exists. And there's very few active threads on those sites discussing Universal. But on Inside Universal there's lots of active threads discussing Disney. In fact, some days there's more WDW discussion then there is Universal discussion. My overall view/opinion is that, in most cases, Universal fans also like and enjoy Disney. Whereas many many Disney fans are egocentric about Disney and actually dislike that the upstart Universal is competitive, and would not even consider walking into a Universal park......And, I think the posters here are pretty balanced on their Universal comments too. All one has to do is read this thread (F&F), Volcano Bay threads, or any threads on Universal night time shows, Universal parades, etc to understand that IU posters will direct criticism to Universal also when they deem the criticism valid.....Bottom line, one of the main reasons IU is my theme park site of choice is that it's so even handed towards theme parks everywhere. I really see no bias here.

Last edited:
ehhhh... I used to post on wdw magic a lot and they seemed more negative about Disney than anyone. Most of the threads are full of complaints from big time Disney fans (a lot of them valid). During the early Potter years there was a ton of frustration among hardcore Dis fans because they were upset that Disney was not putting the kind of effort into the parks that Universal was (which is something they mostly gave Uni it's deserved credit for). I feel like if you like theme parks you should like both Disney and Universal... both have a lot of great stuff to offer and neither should be looked down on, though it's ok to be frustrated as life long fans.

ehhhh... I used to post on wdw magic a lot and they seemed more negative about Disney than anyone. Most of the threads are full of complaints from big time Disney fans (a lot of them valid). During the early Potter years there was a ton of frustration among hardcore Dis fans because they were upset that Disney was not putting the kind of effort into the parks that Universal was (which is something they mostly gave Uni it's deserved credit for). I feel like if you like theme parks you should like both Disney and Universal... both have a lot of great stuff to offer and neither should be looked down on, though it's ok to be frustrated as life long fans.

From a young boy I always preferred Universal to Disney, to me Universal was the cool park with Terminator, Ghostbusters, Jaws and King Kong and Disney was the place with princesses. That impression has always stuck with me although the reasons have changed over the years.

I've started to enjoy Disney a lot more as an adult and have probably enjoyed Disney more than Universal recently but I'm always a lot of harder on Universal than I am on Disney. I think Universal is better than what they have been doing over the past few years outside of Potter and I think the next few years is really going to showcase that all over again.

I just can't get my head around that you have to pick one. It's not like a sports team rivalry where you want one to win, they're both trying to put a smile on your face and if one puts a smaller smile on your face, it's still a pretty great thing to happen.

From a young boy I always preferred Universal to Disney, to me Universal was the cool park with Terminator, Ghostbusters, Jaws and King Kong and Disney was the place with princesses. That impression has always stuck with me although the reasons have changed over the years.

I've started to enjoy Disney a lot more as an adult and have probably enjoyed Disney more than Universal recently but I'm always a lot of harder on Universal than I am on Disney. I think Universal is better than what they have been doing over the past few years outside of Potter and I think the next few years is really going to showcase that all over again.

I just can't get my head around that you have to pick one. It's not like a sports team rivalry where you want one to win, they're both trying to put a smile on your face and if one puts a smaller smile on your face, it's still a pretty great thing to happen.

Yeah, the rivalry is stupid. Theres things for everyone at both places. Maybe one leans more to your liking or maybe you've had an experience at one that has ruined it for you. That's fine too. But to bash one because you like the other and the one isn't exactly like the other is just an eye roller.

Why do they keep putting out these awful promotional pieces for this ride???

You'd hope they could do so much better... but considering what we know about the actual ride, this could be the best they can do.

Either that, or they're somewhat delusional and tone-deaf, and actually think this stuff is getting anybody excited for this thing.

You'd hope they could do so much better... but considering what we know about the actual ride, this could be the best they can do.

Either that, or they're somewhat delusional and tone-deaf, and actually think this stuff is getting anybody excited for this thing.
They have to do it. If they did nothing and it flops then they shoulder part of the blame for not pushing it but if they do what they can and it flops then it is a "we tried" situation. CYA is alive and well.
It is not going be a flaming dumpster but it will be a one and done for me. First timers will do it and it will have decent wait times but never going to be a classic.

Boy, talk about false advertising. It's one thing to make dramatic innuendo, but this isn't even close to a representation. If it's going to be a middlin to weak attraction, better not to send expectations into the stratosphere. It'll just make it worse.