Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

10/10 would watch again. It isn't a spectacular on the scale of some other shows, but it is amazing at what it is. The pyro is not overused and fits well with the show and its length. This is just generally a great addition to the Wizarding World.

The new parade, at least from a YouTube seat, is the first UOR parade to rival Disney's and actually beats Disney's MK Holiday parade in my mind. I loved the Penguins of Madagascar and love that they included them in the parade, too!

"Smile and wave boys... smile and wave."

Excellent. Just the right length, beautiful, great music, entertaining, tasteful and a class show.:thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing this in Dec. 2018 for my first Christmas Season Universal vacation. The HP Christmas themes convinced me to spend a vacation at that time of year.

The floats looked great. I also enjoyed the music and how it matched with the different floats.

I feel that the characters should interact with the guests more. Most just walk down the path instead of actually going up close to the sidelines. Also, what’s with the flood lights? Why not change the lighting around the route so it can match the music instead of being that white bright light.

The floats looked great. I also enjoyed the music and how it matched with the different floats.

I feel that the characters should interact with the guests more. Most just walk down the path instead of actually going up close to the sidelines. Also, what’s with the flood lights? Why not change the lighting around the route so it can match the music instead of being that white bright light.

I dont think it's meant to be seen at night. Will be interesting to see how the floats look at the normal parade time.

To preface this, watching the parade live on a stream by OI; and the thing I notice, even with the quality on a lower side for cameras, that a huge amount of this seems made by scratch.

And that what blows me away, is the practicality on some of the floats. They are seeming to be adding more and more, from the moving Snowflake, the Minion in the snow, the puppet/animatronic (i don't know WHAT it is) Donkey, and more, as that's not even mentioning the fact that a lot of the floats being lively and colorful.

Not to mention the costume game on point in a big way, and that a lot of the music sounds like it's being from scratch; the Parade is impressive and is one of the largest pushes that Universal has done for their parade offerings anywhere in the chain.

Mad props to everyone in the creative teams from Universal and Macys, as they have seemed to of killed this parade. And keeping in mind that this parade was only by the view from the Mummy side, I am excited to see multi-cam video's of this parade.
The floats are certainly very intricate. Very beautiful.

If you don't have media access, I recommend volunteering to be a balloon handler if you ever have time (this is more a general message). It's a nice way to see the balloons and floats up close.

I dont think it's meant to be seen at night. Will be interesting to see how the floats look at the normal parade time.
The floats have on-board lighting, so they are designed for nighttime viewing.

During the Q and A after they definitely said they’re trying to push that parade time as late as they can so they can show off all the LED work. They told us all to come back the week of Xmas when it starts at 8pm for the best views. (Sounded to me like they don’t like it happening at 5pm at all for the first few weeks.)

I like that there’s colored under lights under every float. Looks great at night. But they did have a lot of studio lighting up just for us media. I’d love to see it in normal park lighting.

Really impressed with the Hogwarts show.....

The use of projection mapping had a refreshing natural look to it, other shows I've seen use garish colours that seem way over the top to me, I much prefer the way it has been used here.

The musical score fits well and is so uplifting, I imagine getting goosebumps if seeing it in person.

Nice finish with the fire works, again nothing over the top which falls in line with the rest of the show.

I am liking what I am seeing with the Potter Christmas offerings and decorations, subtle, understated and classy.

I have never made a trip to Florida during the holidays, crowds and not so warm weather have put me off, but from what I am seeing this year I am starting to consider it.

Well Done Universal :thumbsup:

First replay i could find that archived for anyone who missed it live:

Ghosts for the start were a nice touch.

Much better than the Japan Version.

Seems like Universal agreed with me about how awkward/bad the show was with live performers @Teebin. At least for the American crowd.

Letting the music and visuals take center stage was a much better option. Even the Angelina scene - my least favorite scene watching USJ- was enjoyable without the narration.

The parade certainly is impressive! The only problem that I noticed was that there were no people watching from the sidewalks. Was last night a dress rehearsal only and the park closed?

This parade has been in development for a loooooong time, like 4-5 years.

That parade certainly is impressive! The only problem that I noticed was that there were no people watching from the sidewalks. Was last night a dress rehearsal only and the park closed?

Yes. Park closed and only media there to watch.

I still just don't understand why they only use 3 IP's. The ones represented are represented very well but being called "Universal's Holiday Parade" I expected to see a few more thrown in there- not necessarily with their own dedicated floats but either walking or sharing a float

You know my favorite part of the parade was the toys and Santa part, the last section. The original score shined and the classic toys were fun, nostalgic/timeless.

Maybe there’s only 3 IPs cause now they’re gonna add more each year? And also, each IP had several floats and balloons so the parade felt pretty long. Not like Superstar, which can feel short (cheap.) This was classy. Highest quality floats I’ve ever seen at Universal.

I thought it was interesting that they invested in new floats and balloons for the parade and chose Madagascar and Shrek as two of the three anchor IPs. I'd assume that means they are using them for at least a few years, so kinda shows how they value those IP's looking forward.

Those little floaty dress ladies, is there someone underneath the dress driving them or are they part of the wireless design like the floats?... Which I believe are wireless or I guess part of an automated system.

Those little floaty dress ladies, is there someone underneath the dress driving them or are they part of the wireless design like the floats?... Which I believe are wireless or I guess part of an automated system.

Don't know about the dresses but I do know the floats are driven by people and aren't wireless

Color me impressed with the Potter show, which is the first nightshow I've seen from Uni that I'd call Disney-caliber. Gives me hope that maybe the new version of Cinespec won't be a tire fire.

Parades just aren't my deal, so I don't have much to say on it other than it looks like an improvement, and that they really need to use more of the puppet tech seen on the Shrek float here and the SLoP float in the main parade. It's legitimately mesmerizing.

Need to watch the new Potter stage shows now.

Last edited: