Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

So when this and Star Wars opens 4 out of the 8 attractions will be screen based. That's more screen attractions than IOA with less rides over all. Where is the screenz outrage?
DHS will certainly have a screen issue, no doubt about that.

This attraction is looking to be really unique though and at the very least, not 3D. I'd love more practical rides though in further expansion of the park.

I hope there's an AA Goofy that is just as creepy as his cartoon counterpart.
latest

DHS will certainly have a screen issue, no doubt about that.

This attraction is looking to be really unique though and at the very least, not 3D. I'd love more practical rides though in further expansion of the park.

And in all fairness, this does not appear to be a ride that's going to involve us just being plunked down in front of screens simulating motion or action (which is the case on Midway Mania and Star Tours, and will be the case with the Falcon ride). The projections are going to be simulating the environments which - presumably/hopefully - we're going to feel like we're traveling through in a physical way.

See? I'm already warming to this thing.

Thanks @epcyclopedia for that photo. This is not screens, this is projection mapping on moving, changing, physical shapes. This is next level of screez, on steroids. This along with the AAs will make an amazing attraction, as long as the system can stay up and be maintained properly.

thats weird the report i seen said there would only be two AA,S but they would be pretty insane tech wise
The level of movement with the figures could be more dynamic on some than others, meaning that some people only consider there to be two ACTUAL AAs in the ride. There could very well be some other limited motion figures on the ride though.

The two could be Mickey and Minnie in the car. And the rest all Goofys driving all the train RVs?

Or more likely the finale might have all the characters at a picnic in the park together, with minimal movement.

so from reading this it sounds like the load station and parts of gmr are being used with the new ride.
The entrance lobby will remain, with Chinese Theater re-creation decor. Not much else will from the old layout be used and/or recognizable as I understand it.

Out of all the layovers and new lands + rides this is the one I’m most excited for tbh. It sounds like a classic but modern Disney ride and I can’t wait. It’s been 48 years since Mickey and the gang has had their own ride and it’s about damn time
48 years? What other ride are you counting?

The blog says they showed a preview of what the cars will look like when you board the attraction. Are there any pictures of that anywhere?