Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

For the better. I just can't believe how much room this land is taking up for 1 generic flat ride and 1 coaster.

Yeah, to be honest; Toy Story Land, seems to me as a wasted possiblity, as they could've done more to add capacity. Especially as DHS is already struggling with 4 actual rides (TSM, RNRC, ToT, ST) and the rest all being shows of some kind.

Hell, USH has more to offer still this point, with actual attractions (FJ, JP, TF, Hippogriff, Mummy, Minion Mayhem, Studio Tour, and Simpsons) than DHS.

Maybe things will be a bit better once Runaway Railway and Galaxy's Edge opens, but that'll only bring the actual attraction count to 9.

“抱抱龙冲天赛车”-效果图-Rex’s-Racer-rendering-1024x854.jpg

So RC is out front while he is simultaneously right behind himself on the track? Makes perfect sense.

I like the Bullseye/Roundup idea. I actually wish we could've gotten the RC attraction at DHS. It's terrible capacity- but it's cheap and would've added another flat that wouldn't mess with site-lines (vs the parachutes that would). DHS needed 4 rides at a minimum (Incl. TSMM).

There's technically 3. I've never seen that parachute ride in person but it looks ugly to me. The coaster does take up a lot of space though.

I keep forgetting that Midway Mania is a part of this land.

Yeah, to be honest; Toy Story Land, seems to me as a wasted possiblity, as they could've done more to add capacity. Especially as DHS is already struggling with 4 actual rides (TSM, RNRC, ToT, ST) and the rest all being shows of some kind.

Hell, USH has more to offer still this point, with actual attractions (FJ, JP, TF, Hippogriff, Mummy, Minion Mayhem, Studio Tour, and Simpsons) than DHS.

Maybe things will be a bit better once Runaway Railway and Galaxy's Edge opens, but that'll only bring the actual attraction count to 9.

That is more than a double increase in attractions though.

“抱抱龙冲天赛车”-效果图-Rex’s-Racer-rendering-1024x854.jpg

So RC is out front while he is simultaneously right behind himself on the track? Makes perfect sense.

I like the Bullseye/Roundup idea. I actually wish we could've gotten the RC attraction at DHS. It's terrible capacity- but it's cheap and would've added another flat that wouldn't mess with site-lines (vs the parachutes that would). DHS needed 4 rides at a minimum (Incl. TSMM).

The thing about toys is that they're mass produced and can show up any where in any numbers.

clwyw3J.jpg

What do you think about seeing the Hogwarts Express in Hogsmeade and then seeing another one elsewhere outside of Hogsmeade?

One is a photo op, the other is a ride.

What do you think about seeing the Hogwarts Express in Hogsmeade and then seeing another one elsewhere outside of Hogsmeade?

One is a photo op, the other is a ride.

I understand your point, but that's why I said "Simultaneous". It'd be the equivalent of the Hogwarts express in the station while I get on the Hogwarts Express.

If you're taking a photo op with RC- you can simply look up and see RC on the ride. In fact, you can easily get both of them in the same pic. HE doesn't have that issue.

Thank God for Toy Story Mania or our version would be a complete waste. However, I do wish we got one more flat ride. It doesn't look like any of those rides take up that much space, and really would've completed the land nicely.

For the better. I just can't believe how much room this land is taking up for 1 generic flat ride and 1 coaster.
It's a terrible ride with a terrible capacity though. I really don't think your opinion would've been much different in the end.

The main reason it wasn't added anyway was due to SWL sightlines.

SWL has priority in terms of sight lines. Slinky is low and no lift hill because they don’t want people looking in from the outside or having to see a coaster from the inside. Smart move.

R.C. Racer is one of the ugliest attractions in theme park history. If it were part of some sort of original plan then removed, than that's a pure upgrade.

R.C. Racer is one of the ugliest attractions in theme park history. If it were part of some sort of original plan then removed, than that's a pure upgrade.
Yeah, and besides it having a terrible capacity, it's a pointless ride. Like, it's really bad.

Just because the land feels like it could've handled more flat rides doesn't mean we should just throw any random crap ride into the land.

It's a terrible ride with a terrible capacity though. I really don't think your opinion would've been much different in the end.

The main reason it wasn't added anyway was due to SWL sightlines.

I thought it was a fun ride and capacity might be terrible but it will improve the overall capacity for the land. I can see how the sight lines would be a major issue. The view from the ride in Paris is actually quite shocking for a Disney ride.

I think it's themed incredibly well given what it's based on. I also think it makes a good weenie when approaching the resort. I had a good view from my hotel window in February.

dlp rc.jpg

I thought it was a fun ride and capacity might be terrible but it will improve the overall capacity for the land. I can see how the sight lines would be a major issue. The view from the ride in Paris is actually quite shocking for a Disney ride.

I think it's themed incredibly well given what it's based on. I also think it makes a good weenie when approaching the resort. I had a good view from my hotel window in February.

View attachment 5847
I just think those type of rides have no place in a Disney or Universal park. With the capacity being so low, it's not worth the bad sight lines it would cause.

Yeah, and besides it having a terrible capacity, it's a pointless ride. Like, it's really bad.

Just because the land feels like it could've handled more flat rides doesn't mean we should just throw any random crap ride into the land.
At this point and time, I'm just about ok with Disney throwing any random crap ride into DHS. The park is an absolute mess and needs all it can get.

Throwing random crap anywhere does not clean up a mess.

This probably belongs in a different thread but: To me, it seems like they should have had a a number of meetings to come up with a plan for how they want Studios to look and its layout. Then, move through each land one at a time. Part would be to ensure that they leave expansion pads and then to determine if the rides can handle the number of riders coming in. Plus, they needed to look at efficient use of the land itself. Though WDW is really large, the parks themselves are smaller than most theme parks. Once they laid out all of the above, they then start building. TSL feels like they just said, "Hey, let's plop down a couple rides and call it TSL. A coaster, too. Kids love coasters. Theme it? Naw, it doesn't need it. Ooh, put some lego looking blocks around it. Instant placesetting. "

Throwing random crap anywhere does not clean up a mess.
No...but that's basically what they've always done with this park. Plop Rock N Roller coaster next to Tower. Build a Fantasmic ampitheatre back there too...all on a dead end. Throw Toy Story Mania behind Great Movie Ride...trash Great Movie Ride for Mickey...take up twelve acres for a coaster and flat ride....

The park is full of dead ends and poorly planned out corridors. It's always been the weakest of the four WDW parks in my opinion, and even with the new lands this park is far from being fixed. I was hopeful for the future of this park when I heard of the 'overhaul'...but now it's looking like after the two lands that's it.

No...but that's basically what they've always done with this park. Plop Rock N Roller coaster next to Tower. Build a Fantasmic ampitheatre back there too...all on a dead end. Throw Toy Story Mania behind Great Movie Ride...trash Great Movie Ride for Mickey...take up twelve acres for a coaster and flat ride....

The park is full of dead ends and poorly planned out corridors. It's always been the weakest of the four WDW parks in my opinion, and even with the new lands this park is far from being fixed. I was hopeful for the future of this park when I heard of the 'overhaul'...but now it's looking like after the two lands that's it.

Once Star Wars opens it should create a loop from Muppets through SWL and TSL back to the main hub.

The other rumour is that Monsters Inc might finally come and that will connect TSL to RnRC.

There’s hope yet that the park will have a much better design.

We really have to pray that all the money being thrown at Disney World sees a return for the mouse. If it does and hopefully it should then we’ll see Disney plan more expansions.

Once Star Wars opens it should create a loop from Muppets through SWL and TSL back to the main hub.

The other rumour is that Monsters Inc might finally come and that will connect TSL to RnRC.

There’s hope yet that the park will have a much better design.

We really have to pray that all the money being thrown at Disney World sees a return for the mouse. If it does and hopefully it should then we’ll see Disney plan more expansions.

Wasn't the old coaster supposed to be a launch coaster? I don't see them putting in three launched coasters in the same park

Wasn't the old coaster supposed to be a launch coaster? I don't see them putting in three launched coasters in the same park

From what I recall, the original concept art showed the attraction having a lift hill, and that the tunnel launch stayed the same.

The original coaster also included what seemed to be of a helluvalot more scenery, along with a section that resembled more of a western series of buildings at the east-side entrance of TSL.

It also seemed from I think WDWNT, that they indicated the Saucer attraction would've been of the theme that's in Shanghai, of Woody's Round-up. I could be wrong about that though.