Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

But Mario is Italian....

If you want to use that argument, outside Mario Party, Mario never has had to cook which even then was burger, chicken, and fries. So even though he is italian, the mushroom kingdom is not. And based off the food items in game, they eat a lot of mushrooms (a controversial food taste wise), Pizza, Fruit, and Chicken.

Its easier to theme bento boxes to Question Boxes and Pow Boxes for a upcharge and allow people to take a souvenir lunchbox home.

You may be more right than you know.

I think, somehow, the main restaurant will try to balance both classic (Americanized) Italian dishes like pizza and pasta - along with fun Japanese inspired dishes like bento boxes with little rice shapes that look like characters or Toadstools. No reason they can't do both. (Especially if they plan to share the same menus in Japan and the US.)

If you want to use that argument, outside Mario Party, Mario never has had to cook which even then was burger, chicken, and fries. So even though he is italian, the mushroom kingdom is not. And based off the food items in game, they eat a lot of mushrooms (a controversial food taste wise), Pizza, Fruit, and Chicken.

Its easier to theme bento boxes to Question Boxes and Pow Boxes for a upcharge and allow people to take a souvenir lunchbox home.
You all are taking the comment waaay too seriously

I think the writer made a typo. I'm trying not to look too much into that.

I actually could see it, as it makes sense when you will have multiple lands throughout the entire resort based off of Nintendo.

Perhaps it's just a blind thought on my end, but I can see why they want to distance the SNW name with just giving the names of the IP's represented.

I actually could see it, as it makes sense when you will have multiple lands throughout the entire resort based off of Nintendo.

Perhaps it's just a blind thought on my end, but I can see why they want to distance the SNW name with just giving the names of the IP's represented.
I'd agree here... I think having each land be called "Super Nintendo World - Mario Land" and "Super Nintendo World - Zelda's Kingdom" and "Super Nintendo World - Pokemon Land" would be incredibly redundant, imo. It's not like they're the same locations in one world like Potter, they're three different locations from different worlds. But everyone else is probably right that it's a typo.

for the first month or two the Nintendo rides will have very long waits but the rest of the parks will be slow.Once it hits the first holiday break so either summer or winter the park will be really crowded.

With all of the Nintendo expansions coming. How do you guys think it will affect our attendance levels? I feel As though the parks continue to see major growth. We may start to see the parks way busier during slow seasons.

I could see a jump equivalent to Potter. Not just for what Nintendo brings by itself but that it rounds off the resort by targeting every demographic. It also gives Universal a chance to really tap into that nostalgia factor that it’s only started to touch on.

With all of the Nintendo expansions coming. How do you guys think it will affect our attendance levels? I feel As though the parks continue to see major growth. We may start to see the parks way busier during slow seasons.
No doubt Nintendo will give the park a large permanent attendance boost when it opens. And the completion of more hotel rooms at the former Wet & Wild site around the same time, will fortify that increase....And, all of these new hotels will guarantee fairly steady attendance throughout the year, as is the case with WDW.

for the first month or two the Nintendo rides will have very long waits but the rest of the parks will be slow.Once it hits the first holiday break so either summer or winter the park will be really crowded.
I don't know how accurate this is. Not to get into any huge debate but I read once before somewhere that anytime there is a new attraction, in this case new land, it attracts people to the resort as a whole, which means the entire resort will see inflated crowds compared to the regular time of year.

I haven’t seen an hour line for Gringotts since 2014.....
Lines have been considerably longer since they started Express. Hour plus lines have probably been the norm since then, except on slow attendance days. During the busy holidays (Thanksgiving , Christmas, New Years) lines were regularly two, three and even four hours long....I generally check Touring Plans app. daily......