Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

On the bright side, I might finally be able to get on Gringotts without waiting in a 3 hour line.

I haven’t seen an hour line for Gringotts since 2014.....

It was an hour when I was there in October,

Maybe it's just when I go then
I rode it today. Wanted to see the Xmas stuff so I did single. Standby was listed 145. I did about 30 in single. Where the heck did all those people come from? I heard very little English in the park today.

I'd agree here... I think having each land be called "Super Nintendo World - Mario Land" and "Super Nintendo World - Zelda's Kingdom" and "Super Nintendo World - Pokemon Land" would be incredibly redundant, imo. It's not like they're the same locations in one world like Potter, they're three different locations from different worlds. But everyone else is probably right that it's a typo.

Update: They changed it to Super Nintendo World. Never assume they're releasing new info in a post and a simple error is just made.

Yes, Gringotts' stand by times increased quite a bit once they instituted Express some months ago. Strangely though, it didn't seem to affect FJ's stand by times. In fact, FJ's times have been really good since they did the short refurb.
The wait times have been absolutely crazy during this winter peak season. Gringotts was at 255 today as well as FJ was at a 180

The wait times have been absolutely crazy during this winter peak season. Gringotts was at 255 today as well as FJ was at a 180
Yeah. Yesterday looked crazy at all the WDW & Universal parks. Ten level plus crowds for nearly every attraction, something you don't see even on most peak days.....Nintendo crowds will be crazy during peak times, no doubt......Edit: Just checked times at 10:30 AM. Hulk is 235 minutes. Wow.

Last edited:
Yeah. Yesterday looked crazy at all the WDW & Universal parks. Ten level plus crowds for nearly every attraction, something you don't see even on most peak days.....Nintendo crowds will be crazy during peak times, no doubt.
The other thing that is messing with wait times is the weather. I was in IOA last week and it was too cold to ride Bilge, Ripsaw, and Jurassic so the waits on all the other rides got crazy. I waited 3 hrs for Kong because we had already done everything else and it was only 5 pm. We wanted to see the castle show so we figured why not.

Gringotts had multiple delays yesterday too, which did NOT help it's 3-4 hour wait time. If Mario Kart is as technologically advanced as it seems... I hope it doesn't have the same break-down issues that Gringotts still has.
I think Universal learned a lot from Kong and Gringotts in terms of allowing a good amount of time for testing and adjusting...Mario Kart will certainly have ample time I'm sure

I think Universal learned a lot from Kong and Gringotts in terms of allowing a good amount of time for testing and adjusting...Mario Kart will certainly have ample time I'm sure
yess I agree.. I think some heads will definitely be rolling if Nintendo opened like volcano bay. I believe this will be treated more delicately than anything they've done thus far.

I envision Nintendo getting and sustaining Diagon Alley level crowds. It's self contained, separated from the general park, & immersive like Diagon, and it's a similar sized space. This will be a monster of a land.

It'll probably be bigger than Diagon Alley, if you think about it. Harry Potter was already in another park at the time, while this is a brand new land with multiple well-known IP's.

I am a longtime Nintendo and Universal fan so I am very very excited about all of this. It will also be interesting to see how Universal handles things like character meets as I'm expecting waits to be like 3 hours just to meet a character, which is something Universal is not used to.