Upcharge Fastpasses Coming to Disney World | Inside Universal Forums

Upcharge Fastpasses Coming to Disney World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's no different than Universal, in theory- pay to play. Albiet WAY more expensive.

That said, if they roll it out to all on-site rooms, holy hell. Get ready for worst wait times in history.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Premium, tiered pricing is definitely getting more attention in the industry on a whole. Six Flags is likely rolling out a 4-level tiered membership format. With each tier you get better parking; more skip-the-line passes; bigger discounts on everything including merch, food, and tickets for friends; exclusive concert seating; re-ride privileges for upcharge attractions; private park entrance; exclusive ride times; their own customer service line. It was incredibly extensive. While getting feedback for it, Six Flags even had (many!) questions point-blank asking if loyal guests should be treated better than everyone else. The message was clear and the new pricing is expected to go into effect his year.

Theme parks already have their premium experiences, but they've always felt very optional. Or at the very least, incentives for staying onsite, when it comes to resorts like Disney and Universal. But within a few years, I think premium uncharges are going to feel more and more necessary to have a good time.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So on top of how expensive a Club Level room can be at the Deluxe hotels, another $50 per person. The Universal premier hotels continue to look more and more attractive.
Yep, and I can book a room at Portofino for half what the Grand Floridian or Polynesian costs. And I get bigger rooms, a better hotel, better pools and free unlimited Express Pass for all the attractions. Really easy choice. And if I want to go to WDW, I just take a walk down to Portofino's garage, start up my car, take the easy access ramp near CBBR to I4,and have an easy 15-20 minute drive to WDW.

Universal did it differently. They completely got rid of Universal Express and turn it into a Hotel Guest amenity or an Upcharge Service. FP+ is that, "now" plus still offering free FPs for the rest of the guests.... Unfortunately they give a 100% of FP capacity to Hotel Guest a month in advance leaving regular guest with the least favorite choices... They should do like Universal, but I guess they rather create some flow for the attractions that are not attracting... THIS is one of my personal reasons why DL is better than WDW. Went there for the very 1st time last October and never had an issue with FP.

They should do like Universal, but I guess they rather create some flow for the attractions that are not attracting...

IDK, I'd hate to see Disney with everyone at a high end hotel having unlimited FP's. I think the wait times for some rides would be astronomical.

So on top of how expensive a Club Level room can be at the Deluxe hotels, another $50 per person. The Universal premier hotels continue to look more and more attractive.

True. But is that a fair comparison? You give all Disney Deluxe guests unlimited FP+ and see what that does to wait times.

I really don't have a problem with the rumor. Maybe it should be free with club level? But they certainly deserve the perk more than anyone.

True. But is that a fair comparison? You give all Disney Deluxe guests unlimited FP+ and see what that does to wait times.

I really don't have a problem with the rumor. Maybe it should be free with club level? But they certainly deserve the perk more than anyone.

I'm saying Disney Deluxe Club Level guests are paying enough that they shouldn't be charged even more for them.

I'm saying Disney Deluxe Club Level guests are paying enough that they shouldn't be charged even more for them.

I think the question is, is this a revenue thing or GSAT thing? I feel like there' better ways to generate revenue than this, that most guests wouldn't see. With absolute no interal knowledge, this seems to me like a situation where this high paying guests were saying we want more FPs, what can I do to get that?

I could be reading this totally wrong, but this seems like the least cynical of the recent "upcharges".

Reactions: tankart150
I can see special Star Wars fastpass packages/extra pricey rooms for 2019 WDW GESW opening. This is just the soft opening experiment for that....I'm betting no one gets a fastpass for Star wars attractions unless they purchase special fastpass/extra pricey room packages. Those packages will suck up all the available advance fastpasses before any of the 60 day or 30 day ones are available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coasted