Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Actuaaalllyy...

giphy.gif

Lol. Yea, I think Nintendo wants a more modern feel to the rides, so they'll be pulling a lot from newer games, including Tropical Freeze, etc, for some of the aesthetics.

Same thing with MK and Super Mario Land. It should be a good mix of classic and new, so will be nostalgic for old fogies like me that grew up in the eighties and nineties, as well as youngins that are only now starting to play Nintendo games.

damn. I was hoping it was all old school Nintendo 64:( I guess I better start playing the new Mario kart. played the demo in best buy and I didn't really care 4 it.

damn. I was hoping it was all old school Nintendo 64:( I guess I better start playing the new Mario kart. played the demo in best buy and I didn't really care 4 it.

...Nani?

Lol. Yea, I think Nintendo wants a more modern feel to the rides, so they'll be pulling a lot from newer games, including Tropical Freeze, etc, for some of the aesthetics.

Same thing with MK and Super Mario Land. It should be a good mix of classic and new, so will be nostalgic for old fogies like me that grew up in the eighties and nineties, as well as youngins that are only now starting to play Nintendo games.

That makes a lot of sense. Nintendo is firing on all cylinders, and it makes sense that they would bring more of a modern flair for Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Mario Kart. There is a lot to pull, in many ways that I can't wait to see play out for Osaka, Orlando, and Hollywood.

The leaked DK concept art is clearly DKCR-based. It has the pig character from checkpoints and the evil totem enemies on it.

...Huh, forgot that the pig was there.

yes.. of course with better visuals but not the new stuff it's not the same anymore.

64 dk wii mariokart

Honestly, if we were to look at the past, Donkey Kong 64 wouldn't be the one I would go to at the first go-around. That, would be Donkey Kong Country from the SNES. And as far as Mario Kart, have you played any of the other versions outside of Mario Kart Wii (aka, MK6)?

...Huh, forgot that the pig was there.

Honestly, if we were to look at the past, Donkey Kong 64 wouldn't be the one I would go to at the first go-around. That, would be Donkey Kong Country from the SNES. And as far as Mario Kart, have you played any of the other versions outside of Mario Kart Wii (aka, MK6)?
I have not played 6 but I have played 8 and its just visually a LOT going on, like bout to give me a seizure. but I just love the Wii levels so much more and they are still detailed enough to emulate imo.

I have not played 6 but I have played 8 and its just visually a LOT going on, like bout to give me a seizure. but I just love the Wii levels so much more and they are still detailed enough to emulate imo.

No, Mario Kart Wii IS Mario Kart 6. It's the sixth game for the main series itself, as Mario Kart DS was Mario Kart 5 and Mario Kart 7 was on the 3DS.

Honestly, I think more of that there is a lot you can pull with Mario Kart 8, and still have a nostalgic flair while making it more modern and unique for an attraction.

No, Mario Kart Wii IS Mario Kart 6. It's the sixth game for the main series itself, as Mario Kart DS was Mario Kart 5 and Mario Kart 7 was on the 3DS.

Honestly, I think more of that there is a lot you can pull with Mario Kart 8, and still have a nostalgic flair while making it more modern and unique for an attraction.
Ok I wasn't aware. Also I don't know if they wanna familiarize it with this generation or ours but hopefully it's a mix. otherwise I gotta start keeping up lol.

Ok I wasn't aware. Also I don't know if they wanna familiarize it with this generation or ours but hopefully it's a mix. otherwise I gotta start keeping up lol.

As someone with no real information of what tracks will be included, I would imagine it'd be a collage of some of the best tracks in the entire main series thus far, with more of a leaning on Mario Kart 8 from the Wii U/Switch (I don't call it Deluxe).

As someone with no real information of what tracks will be included, I would imagine it'd be a collage of some of the best tracks in the entire main series thus far, with more of a leaning on Mario Kart 8 from the Wii U/Switch (I don't call it Deluxe).

I hope we see a Donkey Kong themed track somewhere in there too. That would be awesome.

Anything is possible, but I doubt it. Think one of those goes to new park and probably guessing it will be Pokémon.

Is it possible for IOA to get two Nintendo themed properties? Pokemon and Zelda would both fit in perfectly, with LC and Toon Lagoon (the cartoon land) still being open for development.

Logistically, if IOA gets more, it won't be until after the first batch of Nintendo content hits IOA (and after Gate IV opens), in what I presume is now the 1.5 expansion of Super Nintendo World for the entire resort that was previously talked about.

Think one of those goes to new park and probably guessing it will be Pokémon.

Honestly, I see Zelda at IOA and Pokemon for Gate IV..due to one reason.

Pokemon, is Pokemon. It's one of the most iconic gaming franchises out there, and that it will bring a very different crowd than those who are coming for Mario or Zelda. It can very easily be a landmark land for the fourth gate, and a headlining aspect of UOSouth in a way that Hogsmeade pushed IOA.

Logistically, if IOA gets more, it won't be until after the first batch of Nintendo content hits IOA (and after Gate IV opens), in what I presume is now the 1.5 expansion of Super Nintendo World for the entire resort that was previously talked about.

Honestly, I see Zelda at IOA and Pokemon for Gate IV..due to one reason.

Pokemon, is Pokemon. It's one of the most iconic gaming franchises out there, and that it will bring a very different crowd than those who are coming for Mario or Zelda. It can very easily be a landmark land for the fourth gate, and a headlining aspect of UOSouth in a way that Hogsmeade pushed IOA.
That’s what I was saying also. Sorry, it wasn’t very clear after reading it again.