Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sat through the presentation twice on the 26th, the second time with my son after he had finished his shift at Buzz.
I think it was very well done, and I sat toward the back of the theatre so the poor sculpt was not evident from my point of view.
The audience acted as I expected, quiet and respectful, and applauded at the end of the show.

Very glad to have this attraction back and happy to have seen it while I was there.

Forgot to update. Was at MK on Sunday, and yes Security guard is still on hand.

Projections look great though. Excited to see American Adventure if it's getting a similar treatment.

Forgive me for re-opening this thread.

It’s been about 6 months since HoP re-opened. Saw an old YouTube video about that day and there was a lot of security present. Does the attraction still have the extra security regularly?

Forgive me for re-opening this thread.

It’s been about 6 months since HoP re-opened. Saw an old YouTube video about that day and there was a lot of security present. Does the attraction still have the extra security regularly?
When I saw it a couple months ago it had two WDW security officers standing in the theater during the entire show. One stationed on either side. They’re watching the crowd the whole time. (I feel so bad for them having to listen to that show over and over and over all day.)

They should have Trump typing on his phone with a screen showing his tweet above him.
C’mon Dave.

This isn’t adding anything to the conversation and the only thing that can come from a comment like this is something that is not needed in this thread.

When I saw it a couple months ago it had two WDW security officers standing in the theater during the entire show. One stationed on either side. They’re watching the crowd the whole time. (I feel so bad for them having to listen to that show over and over and over all day.)

It would be a cruel prank for everybody to get rowdy on Its a small world to force security on the boats. They would go insane within a day.

It would be a cruel prank for everybody to get rowdy on Its a small world to force security on the boats. They would go insane within a day.
Lol. Literally any attraction all day can drive you nuts, but that would be cruel and unusual punishment.

The timelessness of this attraction has been ruined. Just donate it to the Smithsonian and get something new in there! I’d settle for a live patriotic Muppets extravaganza.

We'll soon know what the future hold for this attraction. With Joseph R. Biden now elected the 46th President of the United States, Disney will have a choice to make. Go ahead with a new version of the attraction with a Biden AA, or maybe make a more timeless attraction that doesn't need to be updated every 4-8 years was rumored over the Summer.

For now, the thread will be locked until there is news on the topic.

It seems there is movement on this front. As I stated in the post above and had been rumored before, Disney was already kinda done with this attraction and the unnecessary circus that comes with it. With an inauguration scheduled for just 5 days from now, The Hall of Presidents will be closing soon anyway, although Disney has yet to give an official date on it's closure or say publicly what their plans are.

Over on WDWMagic, there have been growing rumors over the past 24 hours of Hall of Presidents being transformed into a Muppets attraction when it ultimately sees it's last day in it's current iteration. From VisionarySoul over there, who has been a fairly credible source to my knowledge, posted:

Well, it looks like the cat is about to be unleashed. The Muppets will be taking over The Hall of Presidents. From what I understand, the Muppets will have mostly a narrative role in the show, with the basic principle of the show remaining in tact. The Muppets just posted a cryptic message on Twitter, and I have a strong hunch that is what this is about. I’ve also been told by multiple sources that something is happening here, so I fully expect it. We should get an official announcement from the company in the next day or two.

Fueling the fire (and adding potential credibility to an incoming announcement), The Muppets twitter account posted this on Thursday. We could see a Friday news dump here.

Status
Not open for further replies.