Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

As someone with no real information of what tracks will be included, I would imagine it'd be a collage of some of the best tracks in the entire main series thus far, with more of a leaning on Mario Kart 8 from the Wii U/Switch (I don't call it Deluxe).
They’ll pick tracks that have appeared across pretty much every game in one way or another to be safe. As such I’m expecting Mario Circuit, a Ghost/Haunted track (Luigi’s Mansion?), Bowser’s Castle, and Rainbow Road.

Tropical freeze is an outstanding game that not many people got to play since it was on the Wii-U. It coming out for the switch is outstanding news and a lot more people will be able to play this gem of a game. That being said, pretty much all of the Donkey Kong games have mine cart levels so it would look basically the same no matter which game they choose to pull from. One thing that will be important however is what music they choose to play in the rides/queues/inside the parks. Most of the classic music from the old games is what most people will want to hear. Music will be the most important thing that will hit the "nostalgia" marks for some.

All this Mario talk makes me long for the days of tearing up MK 64 and goldeneye with friends in 6th grade. Having four people play at once blew our minds.

Ordering CDs for a penny from Columbia house. Going to blockbuster on a Friday night and getting movies and microwave popcorn. Yelling at your parents for picking up the phone and disconnecting your internet.
Oh, the good ole days for a 30 something...

All this Mario talk makes me long for the days of tearing up MK 64 and goldeneye with friends in 6th grade. Having four people play at once blew our minds.

Ordering CDs for a penny from Columbia house. Going to blockbuster on a Friday night and getting movies and microwave popcorn. Yelling at your parents for picking up the phone and disconnecting your internet.
You just described my life.

Heh, I had one of the first video games when they came out. They were really primitive. You had to put a plastic screen overlay on your TV screen to play them. There was stuff like ping pong, skiing through a downhill course, etc.

Nintendo 64 | GameStop

Heh, I had one of the first video games when they came out. They were really primitive. You had to put a plastic screen overlay on your TV screen to play them. There was stuff like ping pong, skiing through a downhill course, etc.
Sounds like the Magnavox Odessey.

And here are the overlays.

img_56d4f5df261f0.png

Hey guys! I used to check the forum daily, but I’ve lost track recently. Is there anywhere I could read an update about what we know about Nintendo (and other current projects) without reading hundreds of pages of threads?

Hey guys! I used to check the forum daily, but I’ve lost track recently. Is there anywhere I could read an update about what we know about Nintendo (and other current projects) without reading hundreds of pages of threads?
ain't nuthin to know yet. just watch Alicia Stella Nintendo vid on YouTube. very informative.

Hello there!

To start, Super Nintendo World, while hasn't started construction yet, has begun to get a lot of permits that has been uncovered by @chickenlilchip, and while some of it doesn't give much, some of it has actually been describing a lot for the new project. Construction should start sometime this year, for a possible 2021 release in Orlando.

As far as other projects, the new hotels on the WNW Plots have been announced, a new venue is replacing Element (that has been seeming to be indicated to be Voodoo Donuts), and that we have gotten rumors albeit of a closure possibly coming for Shrek to a new core AA themed dark ride (which may be themed to the 2016 movie, Secret Life of Pets), Fear Factor Live being replaced by the Ministry of Magic, and a possible 1.5 for Super Nintendo World, that may most likely be going to IOA.

That's not talking about the updates going on for the 475+ acres over by the Orange County Convention Center.

Hopefully that helps you out, as I can't wait to see you post more on IU!

I really hope construction starts this Spring or Summer if Universal wants to get ahead with SNW.

A honest bet, I am betting that they are going to hold off until Labor Day, just to keep the summer crowds at bay, and then close it right after the weekend.

Gives them about a Diagon timeline, with a few more months into that as-well.

A honest bet, I am betting that they are going to hold off until Labor Day, just to keep the summer crowds at bay, and then close it right after the weekend.

Gives them about a Diagon timeline, with a few more months into that as-well.

Is this a case (like dragon challenge) the month was right, but the year was wrong (for those September KidZone closing rumors)

Is this a case (like dragon challenge) the month was right, but the year was wrong (for those September KidZone closing rumors)

Here's the preface, this is without me having anything concrete. That said, I would suspect they'd keep Kidzone for one more summer, due to Supercharged, the nighttime entertainment upgrades, and a higher capacity count. Keeping Kidzone would help, because it would go to that one market of families with small kids who don't have the ability to go on certain rides.

ain't nuthin to know yet. just watch Alicia Stella Nintendo vid on YouTube. very informative.

Hello there!

To start, Super Nintendo World, while hasn't started construction yet, has begun to get a lot of permits that has been uncovered by @chickenlilchip, and while some of it doesn't give much, some of it has actually been describing a lot for the new project. Construction should start sometime this year, for a possible 2021 release in Orlando.

As far as other projects, the new hotels on the WNW Plots have been announced, a new venue is replacing Element (that has been seeming to be indicated to be Voodoo Donuts), and that we have gotten rumors albeit of a closure possibly coming for Shrek to a new core AA themed dark ride (which may be themed to the 2016 movie, Secret Life of Pets), Fear Factor Live being replaced by the Ministry of Magic, and a possible 1.5 for Super Nintendo World, that may most likely be going to IOA.

That's not talking about the updates going on for the 475+ acres over by the Orange County Convention Center.

Hopefully that helps you out, as I can't wait to see you post more on IU!
Thank you guys so much for the info! I just watched that YouTube video. Have those details (mainly those about the Mario Kart ride) been “confirmed” by anyone with connections? Or is all of that entirely speculation based on patents and the Japan concept art. I thought Mario Kart was going to be mostly screens, but I was over the moon to hear otherwise from the video.

On another note, I really can’t believe construction hasn’t started yet, considering how long ago this was announced. I have friends from Chicago who don’t follow this stuff at all who brought the park up over the holidays saying, “Oh yeah I heard about that a few years ago. Shouldn’t it be done by now?”