Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Thank you guys so much for the info! I just watched that YouTube video. Have those details (mainly those about the Mario Kart ride) been “confirmed” by anyone with connections? Or is all of that entirely speculation based on patents and the Japan concept art. I thought Mario Kart was going to be mostly screens, but I was over the moon to hear otherwise from the video.

On another note, I really can’t believe construction hasn’t started yet, considering how long ago this was announced. I have friends from Chicago who don’t follow this stuff at all who brought the park up over the holidays saying, “Oh yeah I heard about that a few years ago. Shouldn’t it be done by now?”

As far as I've understood, Only a few small things are screen for Nintendo. @AliciaStella can tell me wrong, but I thought that was (and still is) the case.

Super Nintendo World, the IOA Dragons Challenge replacement, whatever Shrek 4D's replacement will be, and a few other things are going to be practical heavy as far as I understand.

Thank you guys so much for the info! I just watched that YouTube video. Have those details (mainly those about the Mario Kart ride) been “confirmed” by anyone with connections? Or is all of that entirely speculation based on patents and the Japan concept art. I thought Mario Kart was going to be mostly screens, but I was over the moon to hear otherwise from the video.

On another note, I really can’t believe construction hasn’t started yet, considering how long ago this was announced. I have friends from Chicago who don’t follow this stuff at all who brought the park up over the holidays saying, “Oh yeah I heard about that a few years ago. Shouldn’t it be done by now?”
Much of the info in the video has been verified by multiple sources (not just speculation.)

Some of the patents talked about may not show up, but most will. So far, the warp pipe/tunnel stuff, AR glasses, and (some form of) controls patents seem to be included. Obstacle patents and how they’ll be used may vary in the final version.

As far as I've understood, Only a few small things are screen for Nintendo. @AliciaStella can tell me wrong, but I thought that was (and still is) the case.

Super Nintendo World, the IOA Dragons Challenge replacement, whatever Shrek 4D's replacement will be, and a few other things are going to be practical heavy as far as I understand.
Tunnel transitions between scenes will be projected, but most of the ride will involve physical sets. Some backgrounds may be projected as well, but mainly just tunnels for “screen” stuff.

I’m very excited. All three rides will not rely on screenz, but instead will be physical tangible experiences. Even the Yoshi ride, which is just a simple kids ride will likely feature over 50 animated figures. It’s all gonna be amazing!

Much of the info in the video has been verified by multiple sources (not just speculation.)

Some of the patents talked about may not show up, but most will. So far, the warp pipe/tunnel stuff, AR glasses, and (some form of) controls patents seem to be included. Obstacle patents and how they’ll be used may vary in the final version.

Tunnel transitions between scenes will be projected, but most of the ride will involve physical sets. Some backgrounds may be projected as well, but mainly just tunnels for “screen” stuff.

I’m very excited. All three rides will not rely on screenz, but instead will be physical tangible experiences. Even the Yoshi ride, which is just a simple kids ride will likely feature over 50 animated figures. It’s all gonna be amazing!
Oh my gosh I didn’t realize you were a user on here. Thank you so much for all of your videos! I just watched about a dozen of them to catch up on all things Universal.

Oh my gosh I didn’t realize you were a user on here. Thank you so much for all of your videos! I just watched about a dozen of them to catch up on all things Universal.
@AliciaStella provides excellent coverage and updates of construction around the parks. If she says this is how it will be I trust that she is right. No speculation here unless it is labeled as such.
If you want to see exhaustive coverage of a build look at her Kong stuff.

Has Universal made its own announcement yet? I can't keep up with all of it.
I believe it was Nintendo that announced it only (for the US), but I do believe Universal made blog posts and tweeted about it. Could be wrong about blog post, though.

Both Universal and Nintendo announced in a video, with little detail, that Nintendo was coming to Universal Orlando Resort. After that, nothing else. Universal has yet to announce a Super Mario World for Orlando and has only mentioned building the "Nintendo World"

Universal mentioned it in a blog post earlier this month. (Remember, they accidentally called it Mario World and then changed it to Nintendo World a day later.) A real announcement will come this year for Orlando.