Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And also the current entrance style for California Adventure, as if they didn't already have enough of a problem confusing the two parks' identities.

Also, Xanadu! :p

movieposter.jpg

Looks like it originally came from the Parks Blog: Reimagining the Future of Disney’s Hollywood Studios: First look at Toy Story Land’s Alien Swirling Saucers | Disney Parks Blog

In response to questions we have been receiving, we also want to let fans know that the Disney’s Hollywood Studios name will remain the same for the foreseeable future since we are immersing our guests in a place where imagined worlds of Hollywood unfold around them from movies and music, to television and theater.

Reactions: Scott W. and Alicia
I would have been down with "Hollywoodland" just to help reduce confusion with Universal Studios.

Problem with this is the naming convention of MK: "Is Hollywoodland a land in the MK?" will haunt them.

My understanding is the name was a plan, it was leaked to get backlash, and they got it. TDO/DHS seems to be really apprehensive of doing anything before the recent VP musical chairs ends.

Even though Disney is keeping the Hollywood Studios name, that won’t change theme of this park.

Only the front will really reflect Hollywood. The rest will just be a hodgepodge of lands.

I don’t understand why they don’t do “Disney’s Hollywood Adventures” (you’re literally having adventures in different Hollywood movies!) but that’s whatever.

I still firmly believe they’ll change the name. It’ll probably be a couple years post SWL instead of a couple years before.

Seems like they aren’t sticking with anything for a DHS icon. They’ve been using ToT, Chinese Theater, Earful Tower (after hat went down for a bit), now the arches and entryway.

They’re lost.