Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 286 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's the thing, isn't it? Do a gyrosphere ride "for real," and the potential upside is enormous. Do it via... other methods... and I don't see it topping River Adventure.
A trackless RV with base hidden at load would be perfect. No need to hide tracks and no need to invent gyrosphere technology for real.

I do NOT want a screen based simulator ride, not at all, under any circumstances. I want something visceral and tangible.

Make it indoors for completely controllable experience (and longer lasting dino skins.) Or do it both inside and outside if you dare. But please please please make something that moves through scenes and has AA figures. Regardless of how the sequels do, you'd have a timeless hit on your hands.

Another thing to note about Fallen Kingdom is that it comes out after most of the major movie releases that summer. Infinity War, Deadpool, Solo, Oceans 8, and Incredibles are all out before it. The only competition it has afterwards are Purge, Ant-Man, and Mission Impossible, none of which are exactly major blockbusters. In that respect, I think JW:FK has the potential to stay #1 for quiet a while.

Another thing to note about Fallen Kingdom is that it comes out after most of the major movie releases that summer. Infinity War, Deadpool, Solo, Oceans 8, and Incredibles are all out before it. The only competition it has afterwards are Purge, Ant-Man, and Mission Impossible, none of which are exactly major blockbusters. In that respect, I think JW:FK has the potential to stay #1 for quiet a while.
The problem with that is "Blockbuster Fatigue" both emotionally and financially.

Well, that's the thing, isn't it? Do a gyrosphere ride "for real," and the potential upside is enormous. Do it via... other methods... and I don't see it topping River Adventure.

I think it would be a great feat of engineering to accomplish it but I don't think it would make a ride great for that alone.

Reactions: Mike S
I think it would be a great feat of engineering to accomplish it but I don't think it would make a ride great for that alone.

No, but you'd have an intriguing skeleton with which to get started, though. Toss in copious AAs, elaborate sets and theme work, and dynamic moments, and the recipe is there for something special.

It would also be colossally expensive... which is why I'm not sure it would materialize in that way... which is why I'm not ready to pull the plug on JPRA just yet.

No, but you'd have an intriguing skeleton with which to get started, though. Toss in copious AAs, elaborate sets and theme work, and dynamic moments, and the recipe is there for something special.

It would also be colossally expensive... which is why I'm not sure it would materialize in that way... which is why I'm not ready to pull the plug on JPRA just yet.

You can add a capacity nightmare on top of it. Even if they can add 4 per vehicle, it will still be a nightmare as I can’t see this being a quick load and unload.

A really great jeep ride like the abandoned idea has potential.

“This will give the parents nightmares...”

Reactions: belloq87
You can add a capacity nightmare on top of it. Even if they can add 4 per vehicle, it will still be a nightmare as I can’t see this being a quick load and unload.

Not exactly, it truly depends on the number of vehicles and ride profiles available. The larger the footprint also allows more vehicles to be running at the same time which can also mitigate concerns.

Ant-Man and The Purge are in its third week, and Incredibles 2 will still be big. It definitely doesn't have light competition.

Ant-Man and The Purge are in its third week, and Incredibles 2 will still be big. It definitely doesn't have light competition.

Going to say this, The Incredibles should be going for a completely different market than what Fallen Kingdom is marketing towards, and that it will get a drop. It just has to matter on critical response for both of those films of whether or not Incredibles overlaps the week after.

Purge and Ant-Man, will be problematic, but that they will have a 2 week period to reap as much domestically, and then to count on International to carry the weight forward.

EDIT: That being said, can we at-least talk about the future of Jurassic Park at IOA, and to move discussion of Fallen Kingdom to it's proper thread?

I think the ride vehicles would be larger. Not sure what the number would become, but Kong's RV are huge. I think 6 is a realistic number of riders per vehicle.

Reactions: tankart150
I think the ride vehicles would be larger. Not sure what the number would become, but Kong's RV are huge. I think 6 is a realistic number of riders per vehicle.
Totally. An 8-passenger Delorean seemed normal at Back to the Future, so I don't see why we can't get a bigger Gyrosphere.

They could be larger no doubt but at the end of the day, it's a sphere. Making it twice as wide is making it twice as tall and twice as long. You would have something this size to fit 8 people.

jp sphere.jpg

Totally. An 8-passenger Delorean seemed normal at Back to the Future, so I don't see why we can't get a bigger Gyrosphere.
They could be larger no doubt but at the end of the day, it's a sphere. Making it twice as wide is making it twice as tall and twice as long. You would have something this size to fit 8 people.

View attachment 6039

What if they just do it ala' Mystic Manor, where 4 cars of 4 seats for each car go in to the attraction at a time?

That could result in allowing over 960 people for a full hour.

Reactions: tankart150
I wouldn't like to sit in a globe. Your view will be reflective and deformed due to the bubble and it would feel like a protective thing between you and the dino's. That could be solved if it was all screens (breaking and stuff) but I'm sure we don't want that.
The jeep idea was there from day one but being chased by a dino behind you isn't very exciting because it's...behind you. So no expansion ;-)

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Status
Not open for further replies.