Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 287 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't like to sit in a globe. Your view will be reflective and deformed due to the bubble and it would feel like a protective thing between you and the dino's. That could be solved if it was all screens (breaking and stuff) but I'm sure we don't want that.
The jeep idea was there from day one but being chased by a dino behind you isn't very exciting because it's...behind you. So no expansion ;-)

Yeah sitting inside an actual structure that you're supposed to look out presents a lot of real world problems. How do lighting effects interact with the globe? How do you keep them clean enough to see through during a day?

If they could make the globes into full surround 5k screens, they could make it an omnimover and have plenty of capacity. It also opens it up so the rider could control the vehicle and make the ride pretty much open ended, since each sphere would have its own program running. Granted, the cost to do each vehicle with enough processing power to run the video, have AC, and probably a complete gyroscopic motion base(for when things go wrong), would probably be phenomenal. It also pretty much rules out any practical effects. But, if they could pull it all off, it would be a pretty bad assed ride.

Last I heard was expect upkeep for what’s in IOA. Anything new has been pulled. For this park.
Completely fine with me. While obviously I'd love for new attractions. With Kong and the new Potter coaster, IOA should be in fair shape. And it has seemed that some areas have been neglected following the addition of Potter, so seeing some upkeep/refurbs would definitely be welcomed!

Sorry to go off topic so does that mean any additions to MSHI are dead?
This only applies to JP.

MSHI is a thorny situation because of Marvel's input on changes.

Most likely we just see refurbishments on MSHI without significant changes unless there's a broader agreement between Disney and Universal.

I'm not Marni, but the tech for the Iron Legion ride isn't ready, and for the foreseeable future all resources are going to Site B.

I would imagine after the 3rd gate opens, focus will return to IOA.

I still expect MoM and Shrek's replacement to happen in USF.

So Forbidden Forest is the last IOA project for now?

Reactions: Disneyhead
It's nice to see the old Triceratops Trail walkway used for something, even if it just 4 seconds of a new commercial. Also, first time I've seen CG raptors instead of the actual Raptor Encounter used in advertising. Get the turkey leg, Blue! Get it, girl!

Reactions: Joel and Coasted
But it was reportedly breaking down after each section dropped....Not good.
Just looking at the pics, I'm guessing it has to do with the cables. I'd think they could find a way to do it with hydraulics.

But even then, it gives me a stand up coaster vibe. Thats not a good thing.

Just looking at the pics, I'm guessing it has to do with the cables. I'd think they could find a way to do it with hydraulics.

But even then, it gives me a stand up coaster vibe. Thats not a good thing.
The scissor thing from Kongfrontation might work well. Also, the cables may only be for the sake of illustrating the concept in patent form and may differ in reality...

It seems to me more like an interactive dark ride, like MiB or Buzz Lightyear.. but standing in Iron Man suits and using your hands as the gun. Oh, and you bob up and down, fly and pretty much be Iron Man. Hopefully without vomiting.

The scissor thing from Kongfrontation might work well. Also, the cables may only be for the sake of illustrating the concept in patent form and may differ in reality...

It seems to me more like an interactive dark ride, like MiB or Buzz Lightyear.. but standing in Iron Man suits and using your hands as the gun. Oh, and you bob up and down, fly and pretty much be Iron Man. Hopefully without vomiting.

In theory that sounds good, but you'll pretty much be standing on a moving object so theres going to have to a bicycle seat/crotch support seat. They you are in some sort of suit looking canister, so add a claustrophobia effect. I think the reality is this isn't going to be that pleasant of an experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.