Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

The blog says they showed a preview of what the cars will look like when you board the attraction. Are there any pictures of that anywhere?

I can't tell if they're referring to the train in the cartoon or something.

All these announcements feel like a jumbled mess and I've yet to find a single article discussing everything because I'm certain that I've missed a few things.

wait so we are in slow moving train cars? blah I was at least hoping for some interesting motion from the ride vehicles

well that's exacting at least. :D i'm not really familiar with Mystic Manor, but I've heard great things.

Sound a lot similar to what WDWNT posted not too long back, doesn't it.

To be honest, this has all the potential to be the dark horse of 2019 in the landscape.
One of the reply poster's replies was that he had seen this breakdown on another site back in November. That was probably it, but he didn't name the site(WDWNT). Most of Niles new info postings are months behind other sites. Same with his Universal info, he's usually many months behind the stuff on IU forums. . He's generally cautious and doesn't put stuff out until he gets better confirmation, I would guess. ...Anyway, Niles column is interesting since it gives a good description of what the ride will be once you enter the building.....Nonetheless, this does sound like an attraction I would enjoy.

One of the reply poster's replies was that he had seen this breakdown on another site back in November. That was probably it, but he didn't name the site(WDWNT). Most of Niles new info postings are months behind other sites. Same with his Universal info, he's usually many months behind the stuff on IU forums. . He's generally cautious and doesn't put stuff out until he gets better confirmation, I would guess. ...Anyway, Niles column is interesting since it gives a good description of what the ride will be once you enter the building.

Niles waits for confirmation on his side and doesn’t usually repost rumors without crediting others.

Sound a lot similar to what WDWNT posted not too long back, doesn't it.

To be honest, this has all the potential to be the dark horse of 2019 in the landscape.
2019 has so much good stuff coming, but i'm definitely really looking forward to this. It should be a very fun and unique ride. I just wish it was a new build instead of a replacement.

2019 has so much good stuff coming, but i'm definitely really looking forward to this. It should be a very fun and unique ride. I just wish it was a new build instead of a replacement.

Pretty much this. DHS now and in the future would be so much better if this went in Animation Courtyard.

I am looking forward for this ride. I think Mickey deserves some attention (although I would’ve preferred Walt’s version instead of Iger’s) and if true that entrance will be across from One Man’s Dream, then I feel this is a great opportunity for an Animation Courtyard overhaul. “What if I was in charge?” The main focus in the courtyard would be “Walt’s Animation Career” I would begin by fixing the guest flow by opening a path to connect Sunset Blvd. The 2 stage show buildings can stay as 2 shows (one permanent “maybe fav 5” and the other on a 5yrs rotation of WD pictures IP, just to keep the area fresh for years to come) but I would preferred keeping mermaid for permanent show and D JR for a 2 level omnimover ride, and finally SWLB has to go (They can transfer everything to SW:GE as a ride exit display or something) the building should be taken down and open a brand new E ticket ride. Theme for E tkt and omni, could be many as long it stay within the company’s beginnings. I would say, what about another Fav5 character adventure for the E tkt? What about the omni be an Epcot learning type of ride about Walt’s animation history… OMG! Walt’s animatronics (I would probably have to bring a box of tissues for that) and what about Oswald? I hope they are planning to do more with him than Oswald Ears hats. What you guys think about opportunities for this area? I just thought it would be a great corner for all about Walt’s Animation Beginnings, while helping with guest flow.

Maybe, but Star Wars isn't opening until VERY LATE 2019 by all accounts. Runaway Railway will likely debut by summer, but really, even with just the Potter coaster, I think Universal's 2019 will be just fine and won't live or die based on a River Adventure refurb.
Unless it gets expedited, Runaway Railway won't be opening until Fall, either. Not too far before SWGE.