Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 268 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you dig through some older threads, we had rumors of them closing after HHN 25 for Nintendo. It's just sort of been 2-3 years of throwing a dart at a moving target and never hitting it.

After the last swearing up and down by everyone I talked to that it'd start between Oct 2017-Jan 2018, and then those walls in KZ coming down, at this point I'm just assuming it's moved to Site B. Especially with whispers that Fievel is getting a significant refurb this year.

Move along from KidZone everyone. Nothing to see there.

After the last swearing up and down by everyone I talked to that it'd start between Oct 2017-Jan 2018, and then those walls in KZ coming down, at this point I'm just assuming it's moved to Site B. Especially with whispers that Fievel is getting a significant refurb this year.

I can definitely see it happening (moving it to Site B). That park is going to need a big anchor and the Zelda or Pokemon, while still big, aren't Mario. They also don't have Potter to rely on for over they unless FB gets used. They may have LotR, but I really don't think that is going to be nearly the theme park draw as Nintendo.

But who really knows. Kidzone could close tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised or it could still be open in 5 years and I still wouldn't be surprised.

Damnit. Now we wait longer :angry::censored::saw::bang::cry::curse:

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh boy... so Barnie and American Tail are potentially going to have theme park presences well into the 2020s. Blech.

At least Nintendo makes more sense for Gate 3 than KidZone thematically.

Reactions: Andysol
Even if Nintendo moves to Site B (which is where I want it to be, as it will act as the anchor), something still has to be done to KidZone... Illuminations or DreamWorks will work perfectly.

"Something has to be done with Toon Lagoon theater!"

"Something has to be done with Fear Factor Live!"

"Something has to be done with Shrek!"

Universal has so many "something has to be done with"s that I don't know why we still think something has to be done with them.

I can definitely see it happening (moving it to Site B). That park is going to need a big anchor and the Zelda or Pokemon, while still big, aren't Mario. They also don't have Potter to rely on for over they unless FB gets used. They may have LotR, but I really don't think that is going to be nearly the theme park draw as Nintendo.

But who really knows. Kidzone could close tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised or it could still be open in 5 years and I still wouldn't be surprised.

Be careful talking like that. I said basically the same thing months ago and was pretty much ridiculed on here. lol

Reactions: Andysol
Sure. It’s just at the point where I don’t see why they’re waiting anymore.
I agree.

Going by the speed they demo'd and opened Diagon, this is probably a 2.5 year project. At this point, we're looking at best case scenario mid-late 2021 imo (and that's if they actually started like, now). The more they wait, the later the end date gets pushed and the more it almost just makes more sense to put it at Site B.

"Something has to be done with Toon Lagoon theater!"

"Something has to be done with Fear Factor Live!"

"Something has to be done with Shrek!"

Universal has so many "something has to be done with"s that I don't know why we still think something has to be done with them.

The question we need to find out is if Universal wants the original property to be 'updated and completed' before they move on to add a new gate. If not, I see them ignoring those "something has to be done with" projects and just move on to new gate.

I see your points and frustration. But I'm extremely confident Kidzone is going down soon. Could it be for something else other than Nintendo? Possibly. But there are too many indications it's going away.

This is really stupid if Mario is going to Site B. Pokémon would be just as big of a draw, maybe even bigger if it was like Diagon Alley and the expansion was unique to Orlando. You’d have everyone from everywhere going to see it whereas Mario & Co. will also be in Hollywood and Japan (that second one is important here).

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

If they take this route and move Nintendo to the 3rd gate then I would think they will need to trigger the MoM, SLOP/sherk replacement and a new parade by 2021 or Disney is going to cause them some notable problems. Even if IOA gets a marvel ride along with the harry potter coaster. They will need 3 or 4 big draws at the current parks while they wait for the 3rd gate in 2022 or beyond.

Plans changed after they bought DreamWorks.

Plans changed before D23

Plans changed after D23

Plans changed after the Dec. Tax Reform.

At this point, they appear to just be going all in on the South Park/Site B.

To be fruitfully honest, I am actually not shocked about that at all. It does make me interested about what they are going to do next, even looking at the Stan Thomas case. Perhaps they are going to build the first things on the land that will be attached to the Kirkman extension and the 340 acres, as that can connect from Destination Park Way.

This is really stupid if Mario is going to Site B. Pokémon would be just as big of a draw, maybe even bigger if it was like Diagon Alley and the expansion was unique to Orlando. You’d have everyone from everywhere going to see it whereas Mario & Co. will also be in Hollywood and Japan (that second one is important here).

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I mean, it's not like they can't still do Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.