Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 444 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no doubt that Nintendo will go into KidZone in Orlando and will replace Revenge of the Mummy in Hollywood.

I don't doubt that Nintendo will go into Mummy/cluster of SS's north of that and to the right of TF, but I now honestly don't see Kidzone, until we see more than a few credible individuals.

I'm curious to see what @chickenlilchip has that's in waiting to be talked about, as it could bring clarity to the situation (considering he was the one with the original permits).

I am so sick of no new info...

So here, a giant one of these is featured in one of the rides.

d9ea254af7b747f1d42d1bcc4a96ff62.jpg

I am under the impression in a single phone call, M.W. was told to throw the Nintendo plans in the trash and to fast track MoM.

Oh, and fast track the entire 3rd gate.

Yeah-THATD-BE-1rlu82.jpg
Say Hello too my little friends...

character_banner_hellokitty.png
Idiots, the lot of them.

Also I really don’t understand the hype for MoM. After the new coaster I’m ready for UC to move on from Harry Potter.

Last edited:
Idiots, the lot of them.

I remember when we said the same about Disney, and then Universal, then SeaWorld, then Disney, and then..

I think we are starting to get into a circle of hatred, when we shouldn't be dismissive until we know more to why as opposed to how are they going to change things up. And that as of now, Universal Creative in general (not just Orlando) is seeming to be almost pure liquid, ever evolving and ever changing. No wonder why they've cracked down, and that I don't blame them.

Nintendo is going to be important either way. We know that Orlando will be the best at it's start, third/fourth gate or not, but that we shouldn't be dismissive entirely just because things don't go ones way.

To be honest, I would be angry if it wasn't for one thing.

If they are scrapping that they currently have for Orlando, and expand that on a even grander level for Gate IV, where more is offered at the start, I am totally all for it.

There are multiple other elements of the Mario franchise that they can pull, from Luigi's Mansion, Captain Toad, and even as I pointed, Mario Galaxy, there is so much that they can do at the start that I'd be more willing to wait, if it means that they make it even better than the "best version" that was already seeming to be the case for Orlando before this point.
You do know it would take years to draw up more plans for that kind of stuff right?
I don't doubt that Nintendo will go into Mummy/cluster of SS's north of that and to the right of TF, but I now honestly don't see Kidzone, until we see more than a few credible individuals.

I'm curious to see what @chickenlilchip has that's in waiting to be talked about, as it could bring clarity to the situation (considering he was the one with the original permits).
I’d laugh so hard if this turns out to be a misunderstanding.

Source: “Nintendo will be in the third park. Can’t say much more.”

Insider: “They’re moving Mario from USF to the third park.”

Source: “That’s not what I said...”

Do they also have a chestburster in one of the attractions? ;)
Alien was the inspiration for Metroid.

You do know it would take years to draw up more plans for that kind of stuff right?

At this point, one would assume that they'd atleast have something to have for proof of concepts for the third/fourth gate (I don't care how people number it). Atleast something to give them ideas on how to handle the next park.

Alien was the inspiration for Metroid.

A sense of humor, is something I try to have (also wanted to make a Alien reference).

He means there's a Conkdor on the Yoshi ride. And he's not lying.

View attachment 6115

View attachment 6116

...huh.

So they’re definitely using 3D World as the inspiration then.

That makes sense when re-looking at the Osaka key visuals, more on how things are layed out.

That's the most pure info we've received in months.:thumbsup: everything else has been rumor. I guess it will be another three months until the next real info. ;)
I said a few new things two weeks ago, but I think everyone missed it. We’ve become too preoccupied with the “where” and “when” lately to notice some of the “what” right in front of us. ;)

3D World makes the most sense as a visual inspiration considering how well that game translates the iconic, classic style of 2D Mario into 3D. Adapting something like Odyssey wouldn't work as well in terms of matching the iconic aesthetic.

I need a wheelchair when it comes to the Nintendo lexicon. Example: I privated someone here months (maybe a year) back asking what the Chinese Foo Dog was all about as it featured so prominently...

Can you guess?

Reactions: Alicia
3D World makes the most sense as a visual inspiration considering how well that game translates the iconic, classic style of 2D Mario into 3D. Adapting something like Odyssey wouldn't work as well in terms of matching the iconic aesthetic.
Unless talking about Mushroom Kingdom yeah.

It does not take years to draw plans. Properly financed, plans can be drawn up in weeks.

Even if you mean R&D and engineering, that may take longer, but you are assuming they didn't start working on that when they started the R&D for the MK ride. They don't just say, lets get the MK ride up and running before we even talk about what's next.