Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

is this a joke
popular ≠ good
No joke, just fact. ....There's so much going on both sides of the vehicle, that it's impossible to see everything in a ride or three. It was probably around the tenth ride that I noticed the giant spider, at the end of the 360 tunnel screen.....I don't know if F&F will be good or not, hoping it's not bad, I'll gladly take average....But I think it will be pretty popular, especially with the action/adventure, shoot em up, NASCAR type crowd.

No joke, just fact. ....There's so much going on both sides of the vehicle, that it's impossible to see everything in a ride or three. It was probably around the tenth ride that I noticed the giant spider, at the end of the 360 tunnel screen.....I don't know if F&F will be good or not, hoping it's not bad, I'll gladly take average....But I think it will be pretty popular, especially with the action/adventure, shoot em up, NASCAR type crowd.
Been on Kong 7 times. Never seen this spider you speak of.

No joke, just fact. ....There's so much going on both sides of the vehicle, that it's impossible to see everything in a ride or three. It was probably around the tenth ride that I noticed the giant spider, at the end of the 360 tunnel screen

Been on Kong 7 times. Never seen this spider you speak of.
ok this is an inside joke or something right? I refuse to believe this

It's on your right side screen, just about the very end of the 360 screen, around the time Kong is pounding his chest.....I kept missing it. Someone mentioned it on the Kong review thread, so I paid more attention to that section, and caught it finally....It's there, for real. :):thumbsup:

ok this is an inside joke or something right? I refuse to believe this
No joke. Only thing I ever notice at the end of the 360 scene is the projection turning off and we pass through a dark tunnel hall until we enter the animatronic Kong scene. The last thing I ever see on the screen is Kong beating his chest and climbing over the temple to the left.

EDIT:
It's on your right side screen, just about the very end of the 360 screen, around the time Kong is pounding his chest.....I kept missing it. Someone mentioned it on the Kong review thread, so I paid more attention to that section, and caught it finally....It's there, for real. :):thumbsup:
Thanks! Will keep my eye out next time.

It's close to that last clip of Kong you're describing. The spider is huge, around Kong's size. I have around 3 dozen rides in,and I've now probably noticed it around half dozen times. You have to concentrate your vision on the right side towards the end or you'll miss it.

No joke. Only thing I ever notice at the end of the 360 scene is the projection turning off and we pass through a dark tunnel hall until we enter the animatronic Kong scene. The last thing I ever see on the screen is Kong beating his chest and climbing over the temple to the left.

EDIT:

Thanks! Will keep my eye out next time.
The spider is at 5:03 in this video.

is there a reason they have to do this? really messes up theming for me.

why don't they just, I don't know, make the video much longer of just the idle landscape for just in case the rde runs a bit slower? Shouldn't cost too much.
Needs to reset to bright green jungle for the next group entering which would not look good blending into the dark scene we get next. So I guess killing the film is better than freeze framing like Transformers does between cars in this case. It’s been better timed lately. Happened a lot when it first opened.

Needs to reset to bright green jungle for the next group entering which would not look good blending into the dark scene we get next. So I guess killing the film is better than freeze framing like Transformers does between cars in this case. It’s been better timed lately. Happened a lot when it first opened.
why don't they just have the other scene kinda follow from a distance behind the ride vehicle?

Question. After reading the thing about the Spider, is this ride going to be fast paced with action like Kong? I never saw a spider in Kong because there is SO Much going on you have to keep your head on a swivel. So I wonder will there be things to look for on this ride as well?

Question. After reading the thing about the Spider, is this ride going to be fast paced with action like Kong? I never saw a spider in Kong because there is SO Much going on you have to keep your head on a swivel. So I wonder will there be things to look for on this ride as well?
from what I've seen of the F&F tunnel in Hollywood online, yeah it seems like it

The projection is not supposed to cut off before you leave the tunnel. I have seen it do it, but it's not supposed too.
I've never seen the projection completely cut off before you're through the doors in all my very many trips. In fact, one time the doors didn't close like they were supposed to, and the screen scene bled over into the tunnel leading to the Kong AA, and when I looked back over my shoulder, I was able to see the next tram starting it's journey through the 360 tunnel. That's when I realized how small that actual 360 section is. It seems longer than it actually is. I can't really see how they could have achieved something better than the 360 scene experience, with a AA or set practical set situation in that space. Not a whole lot of area to work with. I think they kind of maximized what they could have done there. .......Yes, I think the F&F 360 tunnel will be able to simulate speed in a way that short space couldn't do any other way. That's one of the plusses. Hopefully it's better CGI than Hollywood's sub par effort. Kong's Orlando film is pretty strong, but it is 3D. I took the glasses off once and the film didn't work too well. Blur & double images for the most part.

The spider is at 5:03 in this video.

latest