Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 174 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trolls is worth keeping an eye on from DW. I think it's more likely than Boss Baby to show up in the theme parks depending on how the 2nd Trolls movie does in box office terms.

With the right P&A and support from the Netflix show, the 2nd Trolls should do much better than the first. The reason that matters is because DW also owns the rights to the brand/merchandise nearly everywhere, so a theme park tie-in makes a lot of sense if the 2nd movie establishes it as a franchise going forward.

Trolls is the closest thing that DW has to Illumination's Minions (i.e. a toy brand/franchise with huge merchandise possibilities).

Reactions: fryoj
Hopefully we see Universal's attempt on the Adventureland concept. Universal might split DreamWorks up. Put Berk near Middle Earth, Shrek and KFP near Berk, then put Madagascar and Donkey Kong Country next to each other to make a tropical area.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Hopefully we see Universal's attempt on the Adventureland concept. Universal might split DreamWorks up. Put Berk near Middle Earth, Shrek and KFP near Berk, then put Madagascar and Donkey Kong Country next to each other to make a tropical area.
Why does Universal need to cover the Disney bases? Like I'm asking an actual question, do they?

Why does Universal need to cover the Disney bases? Like I'm asking an actual question, do they?

No, but we have yet to see something like an Adventureland area in any of the parks (unless you count Jurassic Park). If Madagascar does come in some form, wouldn't it make sense to group Donkey Kong and Madagascar near each other? They both have very similar themes.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

I would think DWA, Nintendo, and any other property if they come, would be in their own respected areas, highly immersive with no connectivity to eachother.

I'd still love to see Transylvania happen with the Classic Monsters.. if Dark Universe is dead, you can still do it with the original UCM rather than relegate them to occasional HHN appearances..
Exactly. Or they could just make better dark universe movies??? Can’t be that hard to partner up with a good studio and make a decent movie based on a character that’s been around and iconic for ages.

Please none of the kiddy hotel Transylvania stuff.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I would love to see a Lost Universal section in the 4th park where you can visit updated versions of the old attractions like Jaws and Back to the Future. Maybe Earthquake and the Wild West Stunt Show. ET could find a nice new home here too!

Status
Not open for further replies.