Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

We went to AK back in September and were able to ride FOP 6 times and NRJ 3 times in one day, with 2 people in our party. Here is how we did it:

We got to the park 1 hour before official opening. Keep in mind that we went on one of the least busy days of the year, so you may want to get there even earlier. We rope dropped FOP and then were able to do NRJ with a 20 minute wait right after that.

We then did all the other rides in the park while everyone was getting to Pandora "early" (KS, Everest and Dinosaur). We then went back to Pandora to ride NRJ with the fastpass I got at 11am.

The rest of the day is fastpass. It is crucial that you book your first 3 fastpasses as early as you can. So if the park opens at 9am, your ideal fastpass times would be 9am-10am, 10am-11am, 11am-12am. As soon as we used our third fastpass we were constantly refreshing the app for FOP. By doing this we were able to get 4 more fastpasses for FOP and 1 more for NRJ. We spent the time waiting for fastpasses by exploring the land, eating at satu'li canteen (which I HIGHLY recommend) and pongu pongu. We were also able to fit in Festival of the Lion King, Nemo and Bugs life when the wait for the next fastpass was longer.

Finally we ended the night by watching Rivers of Light and as soon as the show ended we rushed back to Pandora to get in line for FOP right before the park closed for our 6th and final ride.

Although refreshing the app all day is a bit annoying, it was so worth it. FOP is one of the best rides on the planet and you need to ride it at least twice since the first time you ride you are guaranteed to have sensory overload. The only other downside was having to sit through the preshow 6 times, but saying "and, uhhhhh, fly" all day with my girlfriend made it worth it.
YES. for everyone who just won't go to this amazingly themed land and possibly the best simulator ride ever, ROPE DROP. You're guaranteed to get on at least once or twice with no to barely any wait. I went during CHRISTMAS time, and I still got on immediately by rope dropping.

Did you line up for standby for ROL or have a dinner package?

We arrived a few minutes before the show started using the standby entrance. We had to stand in the back in a standing room only area. But, since there are only ~16 rows of seats you still get a great view of the show from the back.

Again, we were at the park on a non-busy day. I'd imagine on a busy day if you only show up a few minutes before you may not be able to get in at all.

We went to AK back in September and were able to ride FOP 6 times and NRJ 3 times in one day, with 2 people in our party. Here is how we did it:

We got to the park 1 hour before official opening. Keep in mind that we went on one of the least busy days of the year, so you may want to get there even earlier. We rope dropped FOP and then were able to do NRJ with a 20 minute wait right after that.

We then did all the other rides in the park while everyone was getting to Pandora "early" (KS, Everest and Dinosaur). We then went back to Pandora to ride NRJ with the fastpass I got at 11am.

The rest of the day is fastpass. It is crucial that you book your first 3 fastpasses as early as you can. So if the park opens at 9am, your ideal fastpass times would be 9am-10am, 10am-11am, 11am-12am. As soon as we used our third fastpass we were constantly refreshing the app for FOP. By doing this we were able to get 4 more fastpasses for FOP and 1 more for NRJ. We spent the time waiting for fastpasses by exploring the land, eating at satu'li canteen (which I HIGHLY recommend) and pongu pongu. We were also able to fit in Festival of the Lion King, Nemo and Bugs life when the wait for the next fastpass was longer.

Finally we ended the night by watching Rivers of Light and as soon as the show ended we rushed back to Pandora to get in line for FOP right before the park closed for our 6th and final ride.

Although refreshing the app all day is a bit annoying, it was so worth it. FOP is one of the best rides on the planet and you need to ride it at least twice since the first time you ride you are guaranteed to have sensory overload. The only other downside was having to sit through the preshow 6 times, but saying "and, uhhhhh, fly" all day with my girlfriend made it worth it.
Thanks very helpful. I'm debating on whether to hop right back in line or head to navi river an knock that out. honestly it's not on the must do but I'll have to see when I get there.

Thanks very helpful. I'm debating on whether to hop right back in line or head to navi river an knock that out. honestly it's not on the must do but I'll have to see when I get there.

For a 9am park opening we were off of FOP a little bit before 9am (They typically let you on the ride early when you rope drop). But by 9am, the wait for FOP is already 100+ minutes. I'm sure that is inflated, but still quite the wait.

My suggestion is to do NRJ after you rope drop FOP. By 9:20am we were off of NRJ and heading off to the rest of the park to do every ride with no wait.

For a 9am park opening we were off of FOP a little bit before 9am (They typically let you on the ride early when you rope drop). But by 9am, the wait for FOP is already 100+ minutes. I'm sure that is inflated, but still quite the wait.

My suggestion is to do NRJ after you rope drop FOP. By 9:20am we were off of NRJ and heading off to the rest of the park to do every ride with no wait.
Ok, damn 100mins though at 9am!! yeah I do need to experience nrj at least once I think this is my game plan.

Just got to the hotel from pandora and what a time we had. Fop was amazing!! The screen the smells the ride vehicle all above par. Best (Soley) Screen ride In orlando imo. Navi was a nice little boat ride amazing AA as you all know, very pretty. I did feel like everything was right up on me during the boat ride, like it could've been bigger but other than that beautiful ride. The "floating mountains" were sooo much bigger in person it was quite a site. Overall it's the best thing in the park, No Diagon More like hogsmeade. The detail is there I just feel that there was so much more love poured into diagon, while pandora I feel was amazing but could've been more, like nothing to explore at all to me. I Enjoyed Everest twice, dinosaur almost dislocated my hip, and safari was so great. Fast passes were a blessing gotta love them. Very satisfied.

Just got to the hotel from pandora and what a time we had. Fop was amazing!! The screen the smells the ride vehicle all above par. Best (Soley) Screen ride In orlando imo. Navi was a nice little boat ride amazing AA as you all know, very pretty. I did feel like everything was right up on me during the boat ride, like it could've been bigger but other than that beautiful ride. The "floating mountains" were sooo much bigger in person it was quite a site. Overall it's the best thing in the park, No Diagon More like hogsmeade. The detail is there I just feel that there was so much more love poured into diagon, while pandora I feel was amazing but could've been more, like nothing to explore at all to me. I Enjoyed Everest twice, dinosaur almost dislocated my hip, and safari was so great. Fast passes were a blessing gotta love them. Very satisfied.
yeah, it'll do that. Did you do Kali River Rapids? best circular raft ride in Florida imo.

They should have this on the sign out front. Love the ride, but damn it’s bumpy.

Sounds like you had fun! I get FoP withdrawals between visits now.
haha we must've posted at the EXACT same time

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a blast esp fop and everest!!! No we didn't do kali only because of that cool weather that came out of nowhere(did not watch weather lol) just a heck of a day. But I honestly don't feel I'm missing anything at any other park am I right. I've been to them all in the past 10yrs. I ask because they offered another day up to two weeks from now for $40 a person!!

Checking out "Observed" wait times on Touring Plans, & yesterday had the shortest lines for FOP that I've seen since it opened. All of the WDW & Universal parks have been pretty slow all week. Yesterday would have been a great day to try FOP. Maybe today will be like that also. So, if you're a local AP er this might be a good day to run over to the park for FOP, but check TP lines before you leave.

Checking out "Observed" wait times on Touring Plans, & yesterday had the shortest lines for FOP that I've seen since it opened. All of the WDW & Universal parks have been pretty slow all week. Yesterday would have been a great day to try FOP. Maybe today will be like that also. So, if you're a local AP er this might be a good day to run over to the park for FOP, but check TP lines before you leave.
Severe weather and tornado warnings do wonder for wait times. Also, all outdoor rides were closed for a good chunk of the day at all parks due to tornado watches yesterday, so while a great chance to ride FoP, maybe not the best day at the park lol.

I was driving through a tornado warning area around 2pm yesterday and it was terrifying. Amazing how beautiful it is out now compared to then.

EDIT: I'll be at DAK all day tomorrow and will report on wait times!

Severe weather and tornado warnings do wonder for wait times. Also, all outdoor rides were closed for a good chunk of the day at all parks due to tornado watches yesterday, so while a great chance to ride FoP, maybe not the best day at the park lol.

I was driving through a tornado warning area around 2pm yesterday and it was terrifying. Amazing how beautiful it is out now compared to then.

EDIT: I'll be at DAK all day tomorrow and will report on wait times!
Yeah, I was thinking it was a bad weather day since everything was soooo low. But Sunday, Monday and Tuesday weren't too bad for FOP either, considerably lower than it's been. Looks like the calm before the Easter rush storm that will probably start Friday/Sat.

We rope dropped FoP. Off in 50 mins. Like it, but still don't think it's the best ride at WDW. Waited an hour fifteen for NRJ. It was my first time. Pretty....boring.

Hit Dinosaur (20 mins.), single ridered Everest (10 mins.) Now sitting upstairs at Y&Y for lunch.

0321181132_HDR.jpg

After lunch we're off to DHS.

We rope dropped FoP. Off in 50 mins. Like it, but still don't think it's the best ride at WDW. Waited an hour fifteen for NRJ. It was my first time. Pretty....boring.
Yeah FoP is pretty fantastic, definitely the best "stationary" simulator I've ever been on, not sure if it gets much better than this. Howeverrr, this is the resort with Everest, ToT, etc. I don't think ANY simulator can beat those feats of design and creativity.

and yeah NRJ sucks, honestly my least favorite Disney ride I think ever, the animatronic is pretty great tho

Hit Dinosaur (20 mins.), single ridered Everest (10 mins.) Now sitting upstairs at Y&Y for lunch.

0321181132_HDR.jpg

After lunch we're off to DHS.
Great view! Love that place for lunch. Lucky you.