Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wait.. does that mean the kale & quinoa base is gone? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Yea, no more veggie, no more kale. But the new Hearty Salad option supposedly has quinoa in it. I’ll be trying it out next week I’m sure. Will take pics.

Reactions: belloq87
Let us know please. Otherwise, the best counter service in Disney is ruined for me.
Yea, I’m not really a fan of rice or potatoes myself, so hopefully the one salad option left is good. I’ll post pics in a week, or if I find them on twitter before.

Every time they tinker with the Satu’li Canteen menu I get a little more scared they’re gonna screw it all up. I’m bummed they replaced my veggie base with rice and beans, but I am all for a new beef/chicken combo option. I’ll have to try Hearty Salad base next time I visit.

I'm surprised Disney has resisted the temptation to really inflate those menu prices. I haven't eaten there yet, but the items seem like they should be a pretty good value considering they're fairly unique, healthy(ish) by theme park standards, and - by most accounts - quite good.

Reactions: Alicia
Finally visited Pandora.

Did not get to ride Flight of Passage, so no opinion on that.

For anyone thinking of going, the Boat Ride is not worth more than a 20 minute wait. While exceptionally beautiful, it just doesn't justify anything more than 20-30 minutes at max. Will say do it one time though!.

Rest of Land is awesome. From the performances to landscaping, eating and shopping, you can easily spend 2-3 hours there!

As Seth Kubersky (Touring Plans, Unofficial Guide of WDW) has stated when he posted here a month or two ago, the shortest (which are still long though) stand by times are in the vicinity of 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Checking the TP observed stand by times shows that still seems to be the case on most days. Kind of the opposite of what most rides are.
thanks I will try this. I am dedicating a full day for animal kingdom just to get my money's worth. both rides in Pandora are a must no matter the wait, but I would like to re ride if possible as I'm sure fop will be amazing.

Reactions: tankart150
thanks I will try this. I am dedicating a full day for animal kingdom just to get my money's worth. both rides in Pandora are a must no matter the wait, but I would like to re ride if possible as I'm sure fop will be amazing.
Keep trying for a Flight of Passage FastPass all the way until the day of. And even then keep refreshing the app. You can pick 3 others and just modify one when you find flight. People cancel and more show up. It’s never too late.... Or just wait in line if not. I think the ride’s worth a 3 hour wait your first time.

Yes. Seth said to hit the AK headliners in the morning when most of the park tourists are in Pandora. The lines are short then. And then, after noon or 1:00 PM, when the morning crowds start leaving Pandora, go over to Pandora. You might be able to do FOP a second time when the park is ready to close and the line gets shorter. But, it seems FOP lines are rarely shorter than an hour or two. , and theaters are still going down for tech problems pretty consistently, which jacks the times up.

I actually got a FoP FP yesterday for a group of 4 for the same time period. Granted I got fairly lucky as it popped up pretty quick, but they are still out there to be had if you spend enough time refreshing the app.

Reactions: Teebin and Alicia
Keep trying for a Flight of Passage FastPass all the way until the day of. And even then keep refreshing the app. You can pick 3 others and just modify one when you find flight. People cancel and more show up. It’s never too late.... Or just wait in line if not. I think the ride’s worth a 3 hour wait your first time.
wow ok I'm so exited. now I'm not a disneyer so how do I do this fp? lol and yes like I said no matter what I'm riding it!

Reactions: Mad Dog
wow ok I'm so exited. now I'm not a disneyer so how do I do this fp? lol and yes like I said no matter what I'm riding it!
Sign up on the Disney world website. Link your tickets for entire family. Download My Disney Experience app. Log in. Make 3 FastPasses for every day of your vacation.

Then click ‘Modify’ on one of your FastPass reservations you don’t care much about for Animal Kingdom and refresh the options over and over and over until Flight of Passage appears.

You can search the web for FastPass tips too. There’s a lot out there.

Edit: Here’s a basic FastPass tips article I wrote last year: Top 10 FastPass Tips for Walt Disney World | BestofOrlando.com

Sign up on the Disney world website. Link your tickets for entire family. Download My Disney Experience app. Log in. Make 3 FastPasses for every day of your vacation.

Then click ‘Modify’ on one of your FastPass reservations you don’t care much about for Animal Kingdom and refresh the options over and over and over until Flight of Passage appears.

You can search the web for FastPass tips too. There’s a lot out there.

Edit: Here’s a basic FastPass tips article I wrote last year: Top 10 FastPass Tips for Walt Disney World | BestofOrlando.com
My girl! Thanks so much this is extremely helpful and exactly what I was looking for.

Going to pandora in 2 weeks!! If anyone could give me tips on when to go mar (18-22) morning/night or anything helpful it would be well appreciated!

I’m reposting this from earlier in the thread:

I visited Pandora for the first time yesterday. Park opening was 9 AM, I arrived at the gate at 7:55 AM. They let us into the park around 8:30 AM and held us at the bridge until 9 AM. I was third closest to the rope on the right side.

Walked onto Flight of Passage, then waited 5minutes for Na’vi. Ended up being done with Avatar at 9:30. By then, the wait for Flight of Passage was120 min, and Na’vi 45 min. I went about the rest ofthe park and had everything else done at 11 AM - by then FoP was at 190 min and Na’vi 60 min.

I’m reposting this from earlier in the thread:

I visited Pandora for the first time yesterday. Park opening was 9 AM, I arrived at the gate at 7:55 AM. They let us into the park around 8:30 AM and held us at the bridge until 9 AM. I was third closest to the rope on the right side.

Walked onto Flight of Passage, then waited 5minutes for Na’vi. Ended up being done with Avatar at 9:30. By then, the wait for Flight of Passage was120 min, and Na’vi 45 min. I went about the rest ofthe park and had everything else done at 11 AM - by then FoP was at 190 min and Na’vi 60 min.

Waiting an hour before park opening to avoid waiting two+ hours throughout the rest of the day sounds like a fair trade-off.

That's probably going to be my plan of attack when I visit in October.

Reactions: tankart150
Waiting an hour before park opening to avoid waiting two+ hours throughout the rest of the day sounds like a fair trade-off.

That's probably going to be my plan of attack when I visit in October.

It’s worth it. Plus, the rest of the park is dead for the first two hours because everyone’s trying to get to Pandora “early”.

Another tip I forgot to mention: when arriving at the gate, keep an eye on the turnstiles they’re using for early breakfast admission (left side of the park entrance). They’ll switch those to regular admission about 10 minutes before they let everyone in.

It’s worth it. Plus, the rest of the park is dead for the first two hours because everyone’s trying to get to Pandora “early”.

Another tip I forgot to mention: when arriving at the gate, keep an eye on the turnstiles they’re using for early breakfast admission (left side of the park entrance). They’ll switch those to regular admission about 10 minutes before they let everyone in.
yeah this is what I'll be doing for sure, plus I'll still try and retrieve a fast pass for a later ride. very helpful!!

I've been to Pandora numerous times now and I've really never noticed the mountains on a stick. The ones on the show building. Anyone have pictures of them from inside the land?

Last edited:
Some queues have bathrooms, (or at least access to bathrooms close by,) they just aren't visible to guests. Ask an employee and they can take you to them. I think Mario Kart has such bathrooms planned, accessible through child swap and from several backstage halls around the queue, just gotta ask a TM. (And these would be separate from break room restrooms.)

Maybe at Universal. Definitely not at Disney.

Also, since no one’s mentioned it, FOP has all new glasses that fit now.