Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ready Player One

Call me the pessimist in the group.

I want Ready Player One to be the next Who Censored/Framed Rodger Rabbit, but I am afraid a lot to how they'll balance the film in a way that makes sense.

But perhaps something to mention, and was buried in the midst is that the review embargo drops THIS MORNING, so we are going to see the film get a lot of time critically.

Call me the pessimist in the group.

I want Ready Player One to be the next Who Censored/Framed Rodger Rabbit, but I am afraid a lot to how they'll balance the film in a way that makes sense.

But perhaps something to mention, and was buried in the midst is that the review embargo drops THIS MORNING, so we are going to see the film get a lot of time critically.

Full reviews are already out online, which is surprising. Same thing. They're mostly positive.

Ready Player One (film) | Ready Player One Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Jesus. SO MANY REFERENCES.

Some notable ones: MCU, Mario Kart, HTTYD, Cloverfield, FNAF, Minecraft, Toy Story, The Shining, Cars, Star Wars, Tron, Avatar, Ghostbusters, The Matrix, Jaws, Monsters Inc, Elf, ET, Clash of the Titans, Wreck It Ralph, Splatoon, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, Bioshock, Zelda, Pac-Man.

Ready Player One (film) | Ready Player One Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Jesus. SO MANY REFERENCES.

Some notable ones: MCU, Mario Kart, HTTYD, Cloverfield, FNAF, Minecraft, Toy Story, The Shining, Cars, Star Wars, Tron, Avatar, Ghostbusters, The Matrix, Jaws, Monsters Inc, Elf, ET, Clash of the Titans, Wreck It Ralph, Splatoon, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, Bioshock, Zelda, Pac-Man.
Not to walk on anyone's parade, but I wouldn't put much stock in a Wikia that can anyone edit. Especially when the movie has only been screened to critic and not nearly enough people to catalog all of these references.

Not to walk on anyone's parade, but I wouldn't put much stock in a Wikia that can anyone edit. Especially when the movie has only been screened to critic and not nearly enough people to catalog all of these references.

The only way I can buy it, is if there are a lot of little private screenings happening that people are seeing early. Heck, I just saw today someone saying that they were going to a private screening of RP1 soon.

That said, I do think we should temper our excitement, as that list doesn't make sense.

The only way I can buy it, is if there are a lot of little private screenings happening that people are seeing early. Heck, I just saw today someone saying that they were going to a private screening of RP1 soon.

That said, I do think we should temper our excitement, as that list doesn't make sense.
Yeah, if there were that many Nintendo and Disney characters in the movie, we would have seen some by now. :lol:

Yeah, if there were that many Nintendo and Disney characters in the movie, we would have seen some by now. :lol:

I do think that this film will be our Rodger Rabbit of our era in shere volume of cameos, but I do agree that if we did know, we would've already known about that (unless Spielberg and WB are going to throw a Lego Movie at us with some surprise characters).