Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rookie status. :grin: .............That worked in the old days. But now you need to up your game to keep up with Universal's hotel build. :rock:

Oh Im more than game, I love me a trip to Orlando :usa:
although I need to start spreading my wings, Japan and Cali to name just two.

Time to update the thread title:

Resort name:
-Endless Summer Resort

2 Sides:
-Surfside Inn and Suites - 750 rooms consisting of Standard rooms (w/ 2 queen beds) and 2 Bedroom Suites (w/ 3 queen beds)
-Unnamed Side - 2,050 rooms

Note that it also says "Transfers are by coach from May 2019"- so opening (or goal) is likely May.

- Complementary shuttle bus to UOR (duh)

Wait, no boat :bolt:

I love everything about this except the name: Endless Summer, it would feel like an odd place to be for Christmas or Halloween.

The design looks great, Universal are killing their hotel rooms and the price for a 2 bedroom suite is excellent.

If this resort has constant and consistent transport to and from the parks, I think this would absolutely justify the price tag plus as the area around this hotel develops, it could turn into an even better place to stay.

Those prices are amazing, now if only we can get £ going back in the right direction I may be able to move in full time :grin:

Think these prices will be the end of some of the hotels on International Drive
I think they will mostly have the effect of net boosting park attendance in addition to what comes from offsite. I also don't think they keep prices that low past the intro period and limited days of the year.

Reactions: Joel
I think they will mostly have the effect of net boosting park attendance in addition to what comes from offsite. I also don't think they keep prices that low past the intro period and limited days of the year.

I'll take that bet. It's clear there is a goal with these, and that goal is to suck up as much of I-Drive hotels' business as possible

Reactions: gbird and Mad Dog
I'll take that bet. It's clear there is a goal with these, and that goal is to suck up as much of I-Drive hotels' business as possible

Yeah, they have years of off-site hotel package sales data to know exactly how much money they are leaving on the table. Why let them make the money when they can keep it in house?

Reactions: youhow2
Oh Im more than game, I love me a trip to Orlando :usa:
although I need to start spreading my wings, Japan and Cali to name just two.

Wait, no boat :bolt:

Those prices are amazing, now if only we can get £ going back in the right direction I may be able to move in full time :grin:
Your wing spreading starts this August (NYC, Pittsburgh, Kennywood Park, Cedar Point, Dollywood)...Nice start. :usa::peace:...No boat, highway is too dry, but Bio is running a helicopter service ;)special.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
$111 for a 2 bedroom. Yowza- that's amazing.

3 queen beds too.

Off-site and it's Orlando... the capital of cheap, nice hotel rooms.

Also- it has this in the fine print:
◊Minimum of seven (7) night stay required. Promotional discount is based on savings from Value 1 rates at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites. Promotional rate is valid for stays in a standard view room double occupancy or standard view 2 Bedroom Suite for travel between 9/02/19 - 9/26/19 and 12/01/19 – 12/19/19."
OK. So that's the bottom rate, best case scenario. . Value season and maximum Stay More Save More. So peak periods and regular periods, especially if just a couple of days, will be somewhat higher.

Endless Summer sounds like a perfume designed by Katy Perry

When I read the article, at first I thought the hotel was opening during some sort of event called Endless Summer.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Endless Summer sounds like a perfume designed by Katy Perry

When I read the article, at first I thought the hotel was opening during some sort of event called Endless Summer.

That was my thinking. A big summer push for 2019 with Potter and whatever is else is planned plus with the new rooms coming back on board, late nights coming back.

Looks nice. I like the name and themes. They hold to those prices, even if only during off times and they have my business and a lot of families.

IMHO, I think they will run with the low rates on this resort until the south property is developed or a better mode of transport to the main resort is introduced (whichever comes first). I see the price point as this: 1. remote to the current property, 2. a way to drive out the budget motels in the southern area before the 4th gate opens. It's a loss-lead strategy that should definitely pay off.

I don't understand the Endless Summer name. The two individual hotels have solid names. The overarching name is just confusing.

Looking at the rooms, the wood looks really cheap in the renders. That wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't so much of it. It's interesting that they went with hardwood floors. It seems like hotel rooms are always carpeted.

IMHO, I think they will run with the low rates on this resort until the south property is developed or a better mode of transport to the main resort is introduced (whichever comes first). I see the price point as this: 1. remote to the current property, 2. a way to drive out the budget motels in the southern area before the 4th gate opens. It's a loss-lead strategy that should definitely pay off.

The counter to this is that Universal's hotel doesn't have enough rooms to replace all the rooms on I-Drive. So the concept of this drives out other hotels may happen to those already on the brink, while it allows other hotels that are operational to fluctuate their rates to be just under Universals.

I honestly can't see a major theme park's hotel charge $73 for long. It's not sustainable. It would become a money pit. That's not sustainable today for shareholders. Shareholders couldn't care less about the 4th park 5 years from now. If an asset is draining profit, it will be rectified.

The counter to this is that Universal's hotel doesn't have enough rooms to replace all the rooms on I-Drive. So the concept of this drives out other hotels may happen to those already on the brink, while it allows other hotels that are operational to fluctuate their rates to be just under Universals.

I honestly can't see a major theme park's hotel charge $73 for long. It's not sustainable. It would become a money pit. That's not sustainable today for shareholders. Shareholders couldn't care less about the 4th park 5 years from now. If an asset is draining profit, it will be rectified.

$73 is the daily rate for a 7 night stay. I'm sure the price will be around $100 for Weekends on any given week

$73 is the daily rate for a 7 night stay. I'm sure the price will be around $100 for Weekends on any given week

I think this may reach around $130 a year or two from now. Cabana charges as low as $106 right now, so that may give Universal a threshold to play with. The fact is people will still pay a higher price on I-Drive if its Universal cause you are buying the "Universal Hotel Experience." So my thoughts is they use these prices now to test, drive feedback and then incrementally bump it up to a price that manageable from a customer vs ROI.

I see UOR has finally found a solution for the IDrive hotel properties. Biggest difference, probably no Disney/Sea World Shuttle I'm guessing.