Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like the interiors of the rooms, but the exterior of those buildings is rather ugly based on the concept drawings.

Also I think Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls are better names, as they sound like actual "locations". Endless Summer sounds like a teenage boy band.

I agree about the exterior. I hate how it looks in that concept art, I hope it looks better in person.

Reactions: Yung1522
Quick question. Can universal do what Disney does with their Lake next to the Contemporary and do sailboating, paddle boarding and what not in the lake next to the hotel? Would really increase the idea of staying here. Also, within the next few years, this hotel could easily be the hot spot at the resort as it will be in the middle of the two theme parks and the third coming.

Agree. Is interesting they are using “resort” ie this is not UOR but a stand alone resort.

Makes me think of Margaritaville concept on 192, perhaps once Uni able to buy more land, like waterfront Lost Caverns Adventure Golf?

Agree. Is interesting they are using “resort” ie this is not UOR but a stand alone resort.

Makes me think of Margaritaville concept on 192, perhaps once Uni able to buy more land, like waterfront Lost Caverns Adventure Golf?

Royal Pacific, Sapphire Falls, and Cabana Bay also use "resort" in their names

Reactions: Coasted
wait...is that ONE pool for two hotels? Oh boy.
May 2019 should be opening date.

3 Pools. Surfside opens in 2019 with one pool. Dockside opens in 2020 w/ 2 more pools.

:agree: With Dockside having two.
I could be wrong, but I believe there was talk that one of the two pools at Dockside was cut after the initial concept art was drawn up. That's why any subsequent artwork only shows one half of that resort. Don't have time to look it up right now, but that would leave only two pools total, one for each hotel.

I thought Surf Side is the side with the lake and Dockside was the WnW car park. I figured they would have been the opposite way about for the obvious reason.

Looking back to the photos I linked to before the announcement, the views out the windows are different.

IMG_1566.JPG
Universals-Endless-Summer-Resort-Surfside-Suite-2-1170x731.jpg

IMG_1567.JPG
Universals-Endless-Summer-Resort-Surfside-Suite.jpg

Reactions: fryoj and Andysol
I cannot stress how much I love those rooms. The resort is really going for the timeless vacation vibe.

I’m starting to thing Surfside will be near the water as that one sounds like there’s more rooms in that one and that’ll be the larger hotel.

I thought Surf Side is the side with the lake and Dockside was the WnW car park. I figured they would have been the opposite way about for the obvious reason.

Looking back to the photos I linked to before the announcement, the views out the windows are different.

View attachment 6334
Universals-Endless-Summer-Resort-Surfside-Suite-2-1170x731.jpg

View attachment 6335
Universals-Endless-Summer-Resort-Surfside-Suite.jpg
I noticed that too but thought it was too nerdy to post the differences here...

The bedroom door is closed in the old one as well, and the coffee cup is missing in the new version, however a green cup reflection is seen in the framed art on the right yet nothing is on the shelf.

I was really good at Highlights Magazine spot the difference games when I was younger.

I cannot stress how much I love those rooms. The resort is really going for the timeless vacation vibe.

I’m starting to thing Surfside will be near the water as that one sounds like there’s more rooms in that one and that’ll be the larger hotel.

I thought the one on the parking lot was bigger? It certainly has a larger footprint, no?