Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even that is stupid. When I go on Rock n’ Roller coaster at Disney I’m allowed to put my backpack under my legs and no one ever gives me trouble. On a ride that goes upside down. I don’t know why Universal is so difficult. In fact, I can’t think of a single ride where they force me to use a locker.

One area where Disney is really ahead.

The mandatory lockers and Metal Detectors are probably my least favorite part of Universal.

The mandatory lockers and Metal Detectors are probably my least favorite part of Universal.

Metal detectors are for attractions that go near and over guest areas. Mandatory lockers I actually like: I freak out a lot when it comes to stuff in my pockets and I hate paying for it at other parks.

Reactions: Alicia
I've been on a ton of upside down coasters, and my phone/wallet has never fallen out of my pocket.
Doesn't mean I'm not always wondering if it will, cupping my hand over my pockets "just in case." Usually inertia takes care of it, but that barrel roll on Cheetah Hunt and sideways turn over the entrance of Mako are not fast enough to hold everything in, so you never know. Especially if you have big open pockets like me sometimes.

I know someone who lost pocketed glasses on the RRR lift.

And someone who was working Hulk when the knife happened.

These rules are for a reason.

The knife was the reason they started the metal detectors.

Did it injure anyone? I mean, who brings a knife to a theme park in the first place....................

Same reason why some guests thing they should be able to bring guns into parks: gives themselves agency in perceived safety.

*NO I DO NOT WANT THIS THREAD TO GO OFF TOPIC*

Reactions: SkiBum
Doesn't mean I'm not always wondering if it will, cupping my hand over my pockets "just in case." Usually inertia takes care of it, but that barrel roll on Cheetah Hunt and sideways turn over the entrance of Mako are not fast enough to hold everything in, so you never know. Especially if you have big open pockets like me sometimes.
Yeah, I'm the same way too. It's really the main reason I went to wearing cargo pants. Probably the best thing ever for theme parks.....This new coaster shouldn't be much of a problem from what we can see.....And as an aside, I am really looking forward to this attraction. Sounding more and more like a Homerun to me.

Yeah, I'm the same way too. It's really the main reason I went to wearing cargo pants. Probably the best thing ever for theme parks.....This new coaster shouldn't be much of a problem from what we can see.....And as an aside, I am really looking forward to this attraction. Sounding more and more like a Homerun to me.

You should start a what to wear to the parks thread and hand out sensible advice to those looking. Cargo shorts are a must.

Kid loses sunglasses, father slips out of restraints to get them, car swings around and strikes him. This is why the loose article bags/hooks were removed and lockers were installed.

If I am misremembering that let me know.
So we pay for the guy’s stupidity. I say it’s natural selection doing it’s job very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.