Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 300 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Toon Lagoon Theater, does Universal use this for anything? Is it just totally wasted space or do they use it for training, meetings, or P.R.? Is it kept in good condition or is it in disrepair? Just curious if anyone knows.

Speaking of Toon Lagoon Theater, does Universal use this for anything? Is it just totally wasted space or do they use it for training, meetings, or P.R.? Is it kept in good condition or is it in disrepair? Just curious if anyone knows.
It’s sometimes used for events that buyout the parks.

I've been visiting Universal orlando for 20 years and I've never been in it. Is it comparable (in size) to FFL or Animal Actors?
I’d compare it to Sinbad’s theater Moe than those. They used to have a show there in the late 2000s and early 10s during the summer. Look up Matt Hoffman’s Aggie Circus.

Reactions: JoeCamel
It was showing something tonight with thunderous applause

Quick Question.

If Universal builds a second resort with a major theme park, water park, shopping center, and multiple hotels, how much would it cost? Are we looking at the 10-20 Billion range, or would it be over that?

Last edited:
Quick Question.

If Universal builds a second resort with a major theme park, water park, shopping center, and multiple hotels, how much would it cost? Are we looking at the 10-20 Billion range, are would it be over that?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Shanghai Disney costed about 5 billion, and that Universal Beijing is tracking to be around 3-4 billion.

If I am willing to guess, the starting price will be around 4.7 Billion with one park, transportation/infrastructure, a new entertainment complex, and two to three hotels at the start.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Shanghai Disney costed about 5 billion, and that Universal Beijing is tracking to be around 3-4 billion.

If I am willing to guess, the starting price will be around 4.7 Billion with one park, transportation/infrastructure, a new entertainment complex, and two to three hotels at the start.

Shanghai Disney costs 5 billion, but two Star Wars lands cost over two billion. Makes Disney sense ;)

How much did Volcano Bay cost?

I would ballpark that labor and basic material costs are 50% cheaper in China.
Wiki says $600 million for VB

Last edited:
I would ballpark that labor and basic material costs are 50% cheaper in China.
Wiki says $600 million for VB

Damn, I thought that it would have costed at least a billion. Probably around 400 million of that was used on the Volcano. Maybe this park won't cost so much after all.

However, I still think that Middle Earth and SNW together will cost over 2 billion to build, especially if LOTR has a giant faux-mountain.

My estimates:
Land acquisition and building rights: up to 500 million
Theme park 1: 3.0-3.5 billion
General: 500 mil
3-4 lands at 500 mil
2-3 lands at 300 mil​
Backstage areas: 500 million
Roads & parking garages: 500 million
Citywalk South: 500 million
Hotels: 200-400 million each

This gives an initial cost upwards of 6 billion for stage one, and doesn't include the possibility of non-bus transportation to the new park.

Status
Not open for further replies.