Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Yes. I think some reviews are also colored by the feelings of some concerning the overabundance of screen oriented attractions at the Studio's park. I wonder what some of the opinions would be if the ride opened at the Magic Kingdom, BG Tampa, or Sea World Orlando parks.

I think that sums up SeaWorld and Busch. A SCREENZ heavy ride would do the park well. Or a well done SCREENZ ride would do the park well, even if F&F is low rate.

The thing is Spider-Man opened in 1999 and F&F opens almost 20 years later, and, it’s no where as good as Spidey. If your going to make a high-speed, Action packed attraction, how could you not have real explosions, fire? Especially with today’s Comcast budget, it would make sense to implement it as they now have more money than ever before, they can maintain/install without financial problems.

They made a choice to go quick and cheaper (reuse USH assets). Plain and simple.

:thumbsup: Nice video presentation. & good mood music.....After watching two different TM's doing the two preshow spiels on Orlando Informer, and even the spiels were somewhat different spiels , it looks like this will be a lot like the Jaws skippers. Sometimes you get a really good skipper, sometimes an average one, and sometimes a bad one. It seems the preshow success is based more on the TM spieler than the actual pre show. Example; I liked the first preshow on OI but didn't particularly care for it on this one. Different TM, different quality....and, more practice, they'll probably get better.

I've been on the tram version at USH a few times and it's a fun addition. If you've seen the movies, they're just movies that don't really have any other purpose than to entertain, they're not exactly masterpieces of film. The tram version just takes the idea of the movies and puts it in a more physical form, but it is about as serious as the movies are. The animation is not great, but you definitely feel like you are moving fast. Every time I've ridden it, the tram explodes in applause as soon as it ends.

I'm not a fan of Kong at IOA, I think it takes itself way too seriously. This looks like more fun to me than Kong.

I do think both Kong and Supercharged work better as stops on the tram than as separate rides.

Version 1.0 was great (There was something very funny about the choices of songs .. Natural Woman for the bride for example). Version 2.0 was horrible (Hip and Hop, really?) Version 3.0 was OK, but not as funny or ironic as 1.0
I can't agree enough with this. I saw 1.0 several times and thought it was very funny and well done then took a few years hiatus and came back for 3.0. Couldn't really believe it was the same characters as I had seen before so I went back three times. Ended up walking out.
So I hope to ride F&F next week to see exactly what they did.

Oh I agree, but kinda crazy to see that this replaced TWO attractions? Does anybody know if this is technically a decrease in capacity?

I'd say an increase. Disaster and Beetlejuice (theoretically have higher capacity) but not that many people will visit. F&F will, for the most part, bring more people to that side of the park and allowing capacity thru out the park to increase.

I haven't rode F&F, but I'm a big defender of Fallon. It barely takes up any space, it's got an amazing queue experience, there's only one bearable pre-show to deal with, the ride system itself is extremely smooth and effective, and the film itself, while not the best, is still enjoyable and silly. I'd honestly rank it as the best pure simulator in the park. (Simpsons would be #1 as it by far has the best film, but the terrible queue and ride system for that ride bring it down heavily.) F&F has nearly no redeemable factors from what I've seen... but I'll decide once I ride it for real.

I love waiting in line for the Simpsons! I love watching classic simpsons and then all the jokes in the various preshows are gold to me, I do agree it could be a bit more well themed before you get into the carnival booth sections.

I think this will be the end of the big screens era at Universal.
I'd say an increase. Disaster and Beetlejuice (theoretically have higher capacity) but not that many people will visit. F&F will, for the most part, bring more people to that side of the park and allowing capacity thru out the park to increase.
Don't forget how often Disaster was down. It was on its last legs. It had to be replaced.

Can someone explain the speed tunnel to me? Everyone is giving nothing but praise towards the effect, so I'm quite interested on how the ride begins.