Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The thing is Spider-Man opened in 1999 and F&F opens almost 20 years later, and, it’s no where as good as Spidey. If your going to make a high-speed, Action packed attraction, how could you not have real explosions, fire? Especially with today’s Comcast budget, it would make sense to implement it as they now have more money than ever before, they can maintain/install without financial problems.

The funny thing about this ride is that if it opened 10 years ago, the reviews would probably be wildly different.
Yes. I think some reviews are also colored by the feelings of some concerning the overabundance of screen oriented attractions at the Studio's park. I wonder what some of the opinions would be if the ride opened at the Magic Kingdom, BG Tampa, or Sea World Orlando parks.

Reactions: tankart150
Yes. I think some reviews are also colored by the feelings of some concerning the overabundance of screen oriented attractions at the Studio's park. I wonder what some of the opinions would be if the ride opened at the Magic Kingdom, BG Tampa, or Sea World Orlando parks.
If it was a good screen ride, i'd let you know. Transformers is all screens, but it's still a good ride. I wouldn't be critical of a ride simply because of screens, but we thought we knew what we were getting before it opened and it turns out... we were right. Aside from queue experience, it's virtually the same ride as Hollywood.

To me, It doesn't matter where this opened, the ride is what it is, which is to say not much. I wouldn't be any less critical of it if it opened at another park. All you need to do is go to the TSL thread to see that I hate that as well, and it hasn't even opened yet so there is no bias (at least on my part). As far as i'm concerned, this is the worst attraction to open in Orlando since Empire of the Penguin.

The thing is Spider-Man opened in 1999 and F&F opens almost 20 years later, and, it’s no where as good as Spidey. If your going to make a high-speed, Action packed attraction, how could you not have real explosions, fire? Especially with today’s Comcast budget, it would make sense to implement it as they now have more money than ever before, they can maintain/install without financial problems.
I get why they didn't want to sandwich another coaster between Gringotts and Mummy...I also get why they probably didn't want to use the Scoop vehicle as Transformers has it right next door...But why they just used the 360 sequence baffles me...

I guess they though Kong would get great reviews and they would be in the clear...We're finding out that isn't the case

Luckily, I believe this will be a great learning experience for them...And, dare I say it, it's not a terrible attraction

Wow are those pre shows awkward. As someone who has never seen any of the movies, it sounded like a bunch of nonsense and an over use of the word “family”.

These are your first steps into a larger world...

:lol:

That's pretty much the gist of the series. Cars, family, robberies, family, Corona, family, one completely ridiculous action scene, and family.

Maybe F&F doesn’t translate well because the movies, despite being incredibly successful in its second life, the whole series is so ludicrous (unintended pun) that a faithful recreation of the franchise begins to show how insane the whole series is :lol:

As Brian said, Stupid Fun. Fine for movies, but I’m fairly sure it wasn’t the best use of this land.

Myself, I'm just not a fan of car action movies. So I have a complete lack of interest for the background of this attraction. But I've enjoyed other attractions that I don't particularly like their IP's, so I'm keeping an open mind on it. For me, the bottom line is always, is it fun and will it have a decent degree of re rideability. I like screens, though I enjoy them more when there's practical effects also, so use of screens doesn't bother me. and I really liked the effect & feeling of the 360 screen in Kong. I guess I'll find out in less than five weeks. :)

Awwww. I like the homages and hidden Things in the queue a lot. Regardless if the ride, I appreciate the effort here.

In my personal headcanon, I'm going to instead view that as them having poured one out for the great Frank Kincaid...
Universal-Disaster-005.jpg

Myself, I'm just not a fan of car action movies. So I have a complete lack of interest for the background of this attraction. But I've enjoyed other attractions that I don't particularly like their IP's, so I'm keeping an open mind on it. For me, the bottom line is always, is it fun and will it have a decent degree of re rideability. I like screens, though I enjoy them more when there's practical effects also, so use of screens doesn't bother me. and I really liked the effect & feeling of the 360 screen in Kong. I guess I'll find out in less than five weeks. :)
Personally I don’t think there’s much re-rideability here. What I mean is, I don’t know how many will be coming off this attraction saying “OMG LETS GO AGAIN!!!”

Personally I don’t think there’s much re-rideability here. What I mean is, I don’t know how many will be coming off this attraction saying “OMG LETS GO AGAIN!!!”
I never look at rerideability in that regard. More like if it's the type of ride I can ride multiple times throughout a vacation. I loved Earthquake/Disaster when it was functioning well. But like Twister & The Horror show, that was the type of attraction I would do just once on a vacation. If the ride is fun like Brian opinions, & if the 360 scene is similar to Kong, in that you need a number of rides to take in all the action, that will fit my personal re rideability standard. Two big IFS there though.

I never look at rerideability in that regard. More like if it's the type of ride I can ride multiple times throughout a vacation. I loved Earthquake/Disaster when it was functioning well. But like Twister & The Horror show, that was the type of attraction I would do just once on a vacation. If the ride is fun like Brian opinions, & if the 360 scene is similar to Kong, in that you need a number of rides to take in all the action, that will fit my personal re rideability standard. Two big IFS there though.
Agreed.

I don’t think all “One and dones” are a bad thing though as the Horror Makeup show is hilarious and a nice break from the rush of things.

Agreed.

I don’t think all “One and dones” are a bad thing though as the Horror Makeup show is hilarious and a nice break from the rush of things.
Yes, I agree. I loved Disaster, like Horror Make up, just so so on Twister. Poseidon is close to being a one and done, but I can squeeze twice in on a vacation, and still feel fresh.....The olde Studio's park was almost all one & done's though. So for this period of time that tourists aren't enamored anymore with the backstage shenanigans, and with a much higher attendance, re rideability becomes a more important factor to keep people occupied on longer Universal vacations. Probably one of the strengths of MK is that so many of their attractions have a high re rideability factor....That said, it's still nice to have a few attractions like Horror Make Up around.