Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 307 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal: where the best part of your day is waiting in line!

On a serious note, I have never been on Fallon and have ridden the Hollywood version of this. I agree it is laughable. I'd prefer to not watch videos of Fallon and eventually see it in person. Not that it would translate I'm assuming anyways. However, I immediately gave into this one... F&F really looks like a Hollywood clone with such minor intro tweaks that I doubt my opinion would change.

On the other hand I always figured Fallon ended up better than I gave it credit for... but now there are all these posts about how F&F is a bit better than Fallon.

So - Is that actually true from the perspective of people who dislike this attraction? Is Fallon actually not good after all, or are the fanbois just starry eyed with a new attraction preview?
Fallon is the worst theme park ride in my opinion.

So - Is that actually true from the perspective of people who dislike this attraction? Is Fallon actually not good after all, or are the fanbois just starry eyed with a new attraction preview?

I haven’t ridden supercharged yet but Fallon literally takes up no space. The ride system is exactly what one would expect. Fallon is a joke so that’s what I expected the ride to be like. I didnt love it but didn’t hate it. It’s smooth and the queue is relaxing.

Supercharged sucks for what it could’ve been. Can someone who’s going to the social media event bring this up. Universal seems to be a one trick pony. Unless they have Warner brothers/Jk Rowling or Nintendo overseeing their work, it’s blah.

Last edited:
Only thing I get from the pre-show and ride video is that I hear people being invested, reacting and having fun. It's a ride I physically can ride so I'm happy about that.
Sure this is not my ip nor my type of ride, that's ok, neither is Barney but take your little son to it and he's smiling from ear to ear. :clap:
PS (for who is new here) there is a place on this forum where you can tell about how much you hate screens and how they are overused. You will have a blast posting there. :deadhorse:

In the end, this one is open (in rehearsal) and after the kinks are worked out they can move on the greener pastures. :grin:

To the few that have rode both new attractions now, would you rather have the combo of Twister/Disaster or Fallon/F&F in the parks? Perhaps if Universal stuck with the former, they could have focused on other projects like Nintendo or some kind of expansion in IOA. Something I was thinking about.

To the few that have rode both new attractions now, would you rather have the combo of Twister/Disaster or Fallon/F&F in the parks? Perhaps if Universal stuck with the former, they could have focused on other projects like Nintendo or some kind of expansion in IOA. Something I was thinking about.
I would rather have Twister/Disaster in the parks :)

Does anyone know why there’s a parental advisory warning on this attraction? Is there any practical effects?
Probably because of the violence/guns, the beginning of the party scene, and the language when the one character says “Somebody must have really pissed off Shaw.”

Nothing really that bad, but Universal is probably just covering themselves if someone complains.

Reactions: tankart150
And yet everyone will go to the ones right across from Where Flying Fish was and overcrowd those while leaving the others empty.

I see it all the time.
As long as I've smartened myself up to which one is always busy/empty, this can only be a good thing.

Probably because of the violence/guns, the beginning of the party scene, and the language when the one character says “Somebody must have really pissed off Shaw.”

Nothing really that bad, but Universal is probably just covering themselves if someone complains.
I find it interesting how in the early days if the park, you had the Wild West Stunt Show which showed people getting shot up and showed a freaking blood splatter, a live actor getting choked to death in T2, a clip from Scarface in the Monster Make Up show showing someone’s brains getting blown out, and clips from different Alfred Hitchcock movies that were would be pretty dark for a general audience. Plus Beetlejuice was a little edgy for its time. What they show is nothing new for Uni standards and it’s certianly no worse than what they show on the tour.

Interesting how times have changed and how more prone people are to complaining on content. Just like how the PG rating has been watered down to practically G. No way any of the Uni parks would show that stuff I mentioned earlier now. That would be R-material by today’s standards.

I find it interesting how in the early days if the park, you had the Wild West Stunt Show which showed people getting shot up and showed a freaking blood splatter, a live actor getting choked to death in T2, a clip from Scarface in the Monster Make Up show showing someone’s brains getting blown out, and clips from different Alfred Hitchcock movies that were would be pretty dark for a general audience. Plus Beetlejuice was a little edgy for its time. What they show is nothing new for Uni standards and it’s certianly no worse than what they show on the tour.

Interesting how times have changed and how more prone people are to complaining on content. Just like how the PG rating has been watered down to practically G. No way any of the Uni parks would show that stuff I mentioned earlier now. That would be R-material by today’s standards.
Maybe for HHN, but you are right

Although, there is significant sound of gunfire and explosions in F&F...So not completely gone

So I'm going to be positive. I think the "community" reaction on this ride was always going to be negative. However, there is a really good chance the general public will love it.

The movies don't get very good reviews either, yet they make millions of dollars with every sequel.

This is one hundred percent the case. For all the fanboy nonsense, every single person in the online theme park community could rise as one to complain, and it would matter not one iota to Universal. Joey Bagadonuts is going to love this ride.

Last edited:
I was just reading Robert Niles' (Theme Park Insider) original review on F& F at Hollywood. He actually gave it a pretty good positive review. I had forgotten that he liked the attraction......He's coming to Orlando for the May 2nd Media day. It will be interesting to hear his thoughts on F&F Orlando , after he experiences it. :huh:

I haven't rode F&F, but I'm a big defender of Fallon. It barely takes up any space, it's got an amazing queue experience, there's only one bearable pre-show to deal with, the ride system itself is extremely smooth and effective, and the film itself, while not the best, is still enjoyable and silly. I'd honestly rank it as the best pure simulator in the park. (Simpsons would be #1 as it by far has the best film, but the terrible queue and ride system for that ride bring it down heavily.) F&F has nearly no redeemable factors from what I've seen... but I'll decide once I ride it for real.

I was just reading Robert Niles' (Theme Park Insider) original review on F& F at Hollywood. He actually gave it a pretty good positive review. I had forgotten that he liked the attraction......He's coming to Orlando for the May 2nd Media day. It will be interesting to hear his thoughts on F&F Orlando , after he experiences it. :huh:

Given that he liked the original incarnation, and given that I don't think I've ever read a skeptical or displeased word from him about an overabundance of simulators at USF... he'll probably like it!

The funny thing about this ride is that if it opened 10 years ago, the reviews would probably be wildly different.