Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

It is an odd choice for two parks that already contain Star Tours 2.0. I thought perhaps the pods spun a la Space a bit to add that aspect, and I really think they have to. There would be absolutely no reason for pods to rotate at all. It's a hell of a lot cheaper building circular walkways than giant rotating equipment with multiple simulator pods on it.

So Star Tours is gonna close when this opens right? Because that Millenium footage is very similar, even though it looks cool.

It'll close eventually (re-themed into something else), but indications are that it will probably remain Star Tours for several years after the land opens. The park will need Star Tours' capacity to help handle the crowds.

It'll close eventually (re-themed into something else), but indications are that it will probably remain Star Tours for several years after the land opens. The park will need Star Tours' capacity to help handle the crowds.

Not right away. They need the capacity for the initial rush of guests. I've heard the change from ST to whatever it will become likely won't happen until 2021 at the earliest.
I mean, it makes sense, but wouldn't that potentially cause confusion to some guests?

I've ridden it lately, are they gonna keep that ending for until the land opens?
Probably until the next saga film comes out at least. Or beyond. There were rumors of splitting the queue at the loading bays. Go left for randomized prequel version, go right for new trilogy version with Jaku, Crait, Batuu, etc. Who knows if that comes to fruition or not.

Probably until the next saga film comes out at least. Or beyond. There were rumors of splitting the queue at the loading bays. Go left for randomized prequel version, go right for new trilogy version with Jaku, Crait, Batuu, etc. Who knows if that comes to fruition or not.
That split gets hectic sometimes, but it'll be interesting to see if they will actually change it.

That split gets hectic sometimes, but it'll be interesting to see if they will actually change it.
Personally I would like to opportunity to ride the randomized version a bit more before the whole attraction goes away, so hoping they do too!

Yeah, I still haven't gotten all the scenes. I almost always got that damned Jar Jar Gungan scene every time I rode.
And they just recently added randomization WITHIN the randomization. Like that scene could end with the nose of the other ship breaking through your glass OR it could end with the droid getting mad and splashing paint on the windshield after we bent his ship's nose. Crazy that new work was added just last year, only to turn the ride into new trilogy only scenes!

The radomization of Star Tours 2 made it a decent interesting attraction that had good re rideability. Without radomization, it's nothing all that special.

I agree. I actually think this is more a symptom of the Prequels and Sequels not having many/any truly iconic action setpieces (save for maybe the podrace) to build the ride around. The original version climaxed with the Death Star trench run, which is as iconic as it gets in the franchise. That ending of the ride had such built-in goodwill.

And they just recently added randomization WITHIN the randomization. Like that scene could end with the nose of the other ship breaking through your glass OR it could end with the droid getting mad and splashing paint on the windshield after we bent his ship's nose. Crazy that new work was added just last year, only to turn the ride into new trilogy only scenes!
I didn't know about the paint scene! I just wanna ride Star Tours in succession to see if I can get all the scenes that I've never seen. Almost like a mini-game. Gotta catch them all!

I didn't know about the paint scene! I just wanna ride Star Tours in succession to see if I can get all the scenes that I've never seen. Almost like a mini-game. Gotta catch them all!
Right before the recent update I rode 3 times in a row in case it never came back. It is amazing how many combinations there could be. The Crait scene is pretty fun though, but I already miss the randomization.

It is an odd choice for two parks that already contain Star Tours 2.0. I thought perhaps the pods spun a la Space a bit to add that aspect, and I really think they have to. There would be absolutely no reason for pods to rotate at all. It's a hell of a lot cheaper building circular walkways than giant rotating equipment with multiple simulator pods on it.

Except they are building a realistic recreation of the Falcon, so there can only be one hallway and one cockpit... so to have any capacity making cockpits that rotate in for loading and rotate away makes total sense. It will be seamless, and allow much greater capacity, plus it's a better use of space.