Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I think this will be the end of the big screens era at Universal.

This should be tempered somewhat. I think lots are thinking if they see one TV or projection in a ride from today till 30 years from now it's somehow Universal going back to it's old ways.

(I look forward to the "screens are better" rants in the coming years as Disney deploys more of them.)

Can someone explain the speed tunnel to me? Everyone is giving nothing but praise towards the effect, so I'm quite interested on how the ride begins.

It sounds like it's a lighting effect on the walls to make it feel you're driving quickly through a tunnel.

This should be tempered somewhat. I think lots are thinking if they see one TV or projection in a ride from today till 30 years from now it's somehow Universal going back to it's old ways.

(I look forward to the "screens are better" rants in the coming years as Disney deploys more of them.)

42a1ad92149ee71ded90e32ce20f07319c9dc792f531408a5b5938bd39ad8e6d.jpg

I think people should expect screens incorporated into almost every attraction (doesn't seem as if Potter will). People's issue with screens are when screens are what most of the ride relies upon.

I continue to point to NRJ, even though it's a bad ride, as a point of reference. Screens are used a decent amount throughout, but you don't notice it too much because the environment surrounding you is so physical. Hopefully this is more the way UOR moves towards going forward.

Of course I get to the park today and the ride is at 60 minutes. As soon as I approach the entrance they close it down.

Stupid ride breaking down...
It's in technical rehearsals. There's a sign that literally says it could go down at any time.

Im over the whole “ I had fun with my friends on the ride so I liked it” reviews. Yea well I have fun with my friends at Lake Compounce on the Wildcat, but doesnt make it any less horrible of a ride. Then especially when you factor in this is friggin Universal building this ride, Im sorry but its just unacceptable...JMO of course

Im over the whole “ I had fun with my friends on the ride so I liked it” reviews. Yea well I have fun with my friends at Lake Compounce on the Wildcat, but doesnt make it any less horrible of a ride. Then especially when you factor in this is friggin Universal building this ride, Im sorry but its just unacceptable...JMO of course

Yes. How dare people have fun with family and friends - especially at a theme park of all places. The nerve...

Yes, I much prefer the "I don't like it so no one else is allowed to like it" reviews.