Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WaterWorld

I am hoping this area closes to make way for 1-2 new attractions, be as it may Harry Potter or not. WaterWorld was never really all that interesting to me.

I am hoping this area closes to make way for 1-2 new attractions, be as it may Harry Potter or not. WaterWorld was never really all that interesting to me.

Same here! My friends and I have never seen the appeal of it. I mean if there are people that like it, that's totally cool, but I've seen it twice now I believe and that's enough for me haha. And I understand that it acts as a crowd eater on busy days, but surely there's something else they can do that does the same thing.

Waterworld is essentially the most lauded Theme park stunt show of all time. Why on earth would they get rid of it for rides?

I’m not saying they should replace it with rides. It could be another show for all I care. I just, personally, have no interests in the show and find it very “meh”. I’m not saying your opinion is wrong if you like it. I’m honestly glad you do! It’s just not for me.

Same here! My friends and I have never seen the appeal of it. I mean if there are people that like it, that's totally cool, but I've seen it twice now I believe and that's enough for me haha. And I understand that it acts as a crowd eater on busy days, but surely there's something else they can do that does the same thing.

Yeah I went to it once and I just thought, "That was just ok." I really did not see the appeal to it. Then again, shows at theme parks never really peak my interest.

WaterWorld is, consistently, one of the highest rated attractions in the park. It even won an award last year. I don't see WaterWorld leaving until Universal has something comparable already in place.

I see. I never knew that. Honestly, in my opinion, I am not sure how it won anything, it is just a "so so" experience for me. Then again I think I would prefer WaterWorld over Animal Actors, I am not really fond of animals being used for a showcase. Besides, isn't that what zoos are for anyway?

I would like to see most of the shows at the park be replaced by rides. Rides have a higher repeatability factor than shows. But I also think the park should have a least one show to add some variety. Since I find the quality of Water World to be comparably higher than the other shows in the park, I suggest keeping Water World and scrapping the rest.

I have always felt that shows have a better repeat value because of variations for cast and inconsistencies. However, the general public wants to wait in lines all day for rides. I see the shift taking place at USH and its sad to have lost the heart of what USH used to be. This once was a show heavy park with humor, adventure, fun and spontaneity. Now its a themed environment with a strict regimen of identical experiences and not much re-ride value. Is that bad, no. But Universal's ride quality aren't heavy on thrill and more focused on story...this is what set Universal apart from other theme parks. That is why shows were the bulk of the park in the past when the footprint was so small.

USH is a new park today and still in transition. In 1996, the ride to show ratio was 3 rides/10 shows, in 2018 its going to be 9 rides/3 shows (not counting mazes or the Studio Tour).

I’m obviously coming from a bit of a biased point of view, as I really enjoy WaterWorld, but regardless of whether you agree or disagree on its repeatability, I think that it’s easily one of the very strongest parts of USH. Yes, the general public overall prefers rides over shows, but what makes WaterWorld special is that it’s the epitome of movie magic: a live action movie that’s happening right in front of you. While rides engulf you inside of the plot of a movie, WaterWorld not only does that, but it also allows you to see what it’s like to be behind the camera (or a smartphone, as most audience members use) while watching professional acting and stunts being performed by professional actors and stunt performers right in front of you, which is truly an experience that many people cherish, including me even before I became an avid theme park fan. Yes, rides are good, I agree with that, but shows are also good too, especially so in a park that’s centered around movie magic and also lacks nighttime shows and experiences.

Parks are about a balance. You cant get rid of all the shows. Kids and grandparents a like can do them, they fit all shapes and sizes. Allow you to snack and drink, just sit down for 20 minutues.

Knotts has been rising because of there festivals and show quality.

There summer season Knotts has has an

ICE Skating Show
Main stage show,
Wild West Stunt Show
Campy Snoopy Show
Fiesta Village dance party shows
Mystery lodge
Salon Show
Indian Dancer Show
They do 20minute plays in the bird cage theater.

plus lots more live music in the parks.

If they stop doing shows, the rest of the parks will start focusing on them more, 5 years later people will complain USH has nothing but rides.

Same here! My friends and I have never seen the appeal of it.
Well...

You've seen it twice, so the initial appeal was curiosity. Another appeal is the live aspect - it's rare for most people to see a live show of this type. I agree with Red Carpet who said rides have a higher repeatability factor than shows, but many people experience USH once and everyone has their first visit. I suspect most pass holders have seen it once, a few two or three times and that's it. But for a huge percentage of the guests who visit once every few years (and first timers) WaterWorld is something unique.

I am not trying to convince you to like it - I'm just offering what the appeal for a big stunt show in the Hollywood park is even if the pass holders and repeat visitors can't see it.