Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Venom

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
The new trailer for the first Spider-Man Spin-off by Sony has been released, for the character of Venom.

Venom stars Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Scott Haze, and Reid Scott, as the film comes out on October 5th.

What do you think? Are you excited for Venom, or are you nervous of the new film? Comment below!

Perhaps some clarification can be said?

Honestly, I loved the trailer, as it gave more of what the film is about without spoiling possible surprises.

I love the Venom design, and think that Hardy is going to have fun with Brock.

Still a bit worried, but I'm far more excited than previously.

Moneygrab from a studio holding an iconic character hostage.

Real talk: Venom is a terrible character and outside of his initial arc as a Spider-Man villain has never been worth the ink he's printed on...

...except for Agent Venom/Flash Thompson who ended up being way better than he had any right to be.

Real talk: Venom is a terrible character and outside of his initial arc as a Spider-Man villain has never been worth the ink he's printed on...

...except for Agent Venom/Flash Thompson who ended up being way better than he had any right to be.
That’s kinda my point. Venom without his initial arc first is pretty dumb. And since sony doesn’t wanna play nice with this character for some reason and let that play out proper with Spider-Man and THEN do agent Venom, I’m not really on board with this.

That’s kinda my point. Venom without his initial arc first is pretty dumb. And since sony doesn’t wanna play nice with this character for some reason and let that play out proper with Spider-Man and THEN do agent Venom, I’m not really on board with this.

I dunno if it's "Not wanting to play nice" as much as Marvel probably had no intention of doing the symbiote story

I dunno if it's "Not wanting to play nice" as much as Marvel probably had no intention of doing the symbiote story
Yeah that might be true. Still doesn’t look that good. Tom hardy is the only person I would want to play Eddie Brock though.
Can’t win them all I guess :smash:

Yikes. That dialogue is BAD. "The guy you work for is an evil person." I've heard better dialogue in student-made films.

Also, "Embrace your inner anti-hero" doesn't sound as epic as Sony thinks it does... Feels a little diminishing.

I don't know y'all... I just... don't have very much faith in this project at all. Especially since one of the writers for the screenplay also wrote 50 Shades of Grey.

I was holding on to a faint glimmer of hope that this would be what they created. Agent Venom could’ve been such a different comic book movie from anything done before.

New trailer out.

Quick thoughts:

-The design of Venom looks pretty cool. I do like it.

-I can’t understand half of what Tom Hardy or Venom (also voiced by Hardy) are saying in this trailer.

-I still think the dialogue is awful. “I found something... really bad.” Really?

In the age of R-rated comic book movies becoming more of a thing, why in the world would Sony do this? It's a Spider-Man spin-off without Spider-Man. If you're gonna make a risky film like this to begin with, might as well go balls to the walls. It's really the only way to do Venom right imo, now my interest, which was already minimal, has lowered even more.

My interest in this movie just plunged.

Ooooohhhh Sony.
In the age of R-rated comic book movies becoming more of a thing, why in the world would Sony do this? It's a Spider-Man spin-off without Spider-Man. If you're gonna make a risky film like this to begin with, might as well go balls to the walls. It's really the only way to do Venom right imo, now my interest, which was already minimal, has lowered even more.

Yeah; this move makes me think strongly that Sony is actually..a bit nervous when it comes to this film; and that I am not surprised to how this will bite them in the rear.

Venom is the character that I would argue outside of Deadpool and Carnage; justify's the R rating. So seeing this happening..angers me.

"Hey, we're basing a movie off an awful 90s comic book character, how can we make it worse and make less money?"

"Make it PG-13 and annoy all the people who think a SPider-Man character should have an R-rated film?"

"Brilliant!"