Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, do we expect them to run out at the last moment and bolt things to these platforms? Are there hinges that will open up parts of the platforms for things to rise up from? Why oh why do they require so much finished surface area? Might performers wade out onto the platforms and do grand and flashy things? I hope that I am not the only one baffled by this.

Wouldn't it be neat if they had a show like Cirque du Soleil's O or Franco Dragone's Le Rêve... but I think they would need a much more elaborate infrastructure.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
Wouldn't it be neat if they had a show like Cirque du Soleil's O or Franco Dragone's Le Rêve... but I think they would need a much more elaborate infrastructure.

Yea, I don't think any of what they're building looks suitable for performers to perform on. That platform will be slick/algae covered in a week.

Those big blow up things from the patent that came up a few weeks ago?
Patent Images
What big blow up things?

Reactions: Felipe
Yea, I don't think any of what they're building looks suitable for performers to perform on. That platform will be slick/algae covered in a week.

What big blow up things?

The link is in the post. I doubt it (I figured it may be for something Mario related instead), but it could be for a show also.

Link again here: Patent Images

Good point. In the first couple of years of Cinemagic, most of the crowd was in the front sections of the lagoon. But once Diagon opened, it seems the masses gravitated back to the London area.
And they never did get the lasers delivered for that end of the lagoon...

I know the platform is staying and stated so two weeks ago.

However, you are all expecting numerous elaborate fountains to be installed? You think this or does someone on here know this?
Numerous elaborate fountains will be installed.

Thank you. I do what I can, just like at Magic. I don’t claim to know everything nor to demand to be believed. I just say what I believe to be correct, if and when I can.
You're very welcome....And THANK YOU so very much for your continual positive input. For the last couple of years, after reading your excellent Magic posts, I've been hoping you'd spend a little more time on IU. UK Trigg & I have had a few discussions concerning that. You have a well respected insider reputation.

Maybe this is the crazy drone Alicia heard them talking about too
#Confirmed

capture-jpg.6556

So, do we expect them to run out at the last moment and bolt things to these platforms? Are there hinges that will open up parts of the platforms for things to rise up from? Why oh why do they require so much finished surface area? Might performers wade out onto the platforms and do grand and flashy things? I hope that I am not the only one baffled by this.

The new sections have a hole in the centers of the squares. Pictures later when I'm off my phone

Reactions: Alicia
I just heard from a friend in the park that they were told a bunch of fountains are about to be installed and than this is a much bigger and different show than Universal has ever done before. He also said their goal was to open it before July. So I guess some people here we're right.

If so, I'm impressed. They must be building things off site right now. Does anyone here work backstage?