Avengers: Infinity War (2018) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I the only one who hopes they all stay dead? I mean wasn't that the biggest criticism of superheroes in general and especially Marvel was the movies had no tension because no matter what the heroes always survive. I know people are worried about the other films but the comic books already replaced most the heroes with their replacements. GOTG has had so many different members over the years. Spiderman liekly transitions to Miles Morales which is already known to happen. Robert Downey and Chris Evans both have publicly stated they are done with the Marvel Universe after both films come out so they are going to be replaced.

As for Black Panther, Universal/Legendary are making things tough as they own solo/group character rights to Namor which is his biggest rival even though Marvel still has production rights.

Am I the only one who hopes they all stay dead? I mean wasn't that the biggest criticism of superheroes in general and especially Marvel was the movies had no tension because no matter what the heroes always survive. I know people are worried about the other films but the comic books already replaced most the heroes with their replacements. GOTG has had so many different members over the years. Spiderman liekly transitions to Miles Morales which is already known to happen. Robert Downey and Chris Evans both have publicly stated they are done with the Marvel Universe after both films come out so they are going to be replaced.

As for Black Panther, Universal/Legendary are making things tough as they own solo/group character rights to Namor which is his biggest rival even though Marvel still has production rights.
0% chance that they don't make a sequel to the 3rd highest grossing film of all time domestically. Basically everyone who got killed by the Infinity Gauntlet will survive. Gamora and Loki are the only ones who have the slightest chance of staying dead.

Reactions: Ryan and SeventyOne

Ain’t happening. There will be consequences but that ain’t happening.

Reactions: Ryan and Nick
The more I think about the ending, the more it grows on me and I begin to love it. I focused on “who died” but it’s more about “who’s left/living”. I’m out right now but I’ll expound my thoughts later - but once I started thinking about it from that POV, it made be rethink the whole movie from the perspective and appreciate it immensely.

The more I think about the ending, the more it grows on me and I begin to love it. I focused on “who died” but it’s more about “who’s left/living”. I’m out right now but I’ll expound my thoughts later - but once I started thinking about it from that POV, it made be rethink the whole movie from the perspective and appreciate it immensely.

I'm loving the film more than ever, but that's due to that I am putting my perspective to Thanos, as I am treating him basically as the main character, and the more I think of it, what he had to do and his intent, which is something more than genocide, is boiled down to the best villain in the MCU.

I hope to construct my own thoughts on that eventually, but that Thanos is one of the MCU's best characters, and is the MVP of Infinity War.

Exactly. My vote for the most dramatically appropriate solution:
The original core Avengers left alive at should all sacrifice their lives (permanently) to resurrect the B-listers who were dusted, but not those killed before the finale.
Yeah, anyone who died before the snap should stay dead and not even be considered as an option to come back.

After watching the movie, I’m still torn by the ending. Why?

Everybody “died” all at once. Besides Spider-Man (who was given a nice send-off moment), it all just happened too quickly. Each of those characters deserved a proper send-off. It was a little too much to process all at once.

If/When the OG Avengers die in the sequel, I don’t want them to all die at once. They each deserve their moment and I deserve some screen time to process it.

There's a rumor/theory going around that A4 takes place 5 years after the end of Infinity War and I think it would be kind of interesting and ironic if the film begins with Earth (and rest of the Universe) thriving and doing really well because now there are plenty of resources to go around and they realize that Thanos was actually right haha.

Reactions: ush.hacker
Saw it again in IMAX. If you have that option, I highly recommend it (if you haven’t already). The more I think about it the more I love it. I have it 2nd on my MCU rankings now. The first Iron Man is untouchable for me.

Thor arriving in Wakanda might be my favorite scene in the MCU. The buildup and the music. Goosebumps. Thor was the MVP of the movie. He’s slowly become one of my favorite Avengers.