Avengers: Infinity War (2018) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not everybody with a job goes in the first two weeks. But the spoiler thing is kinda funny. If you haven't seen and don't want to "spoil" why look? Unless you just can't help yourself:bonk:

Reactions: Coasted
Not everybody with a job goes in the first two weeks. But the spoiler thing is kinda funny. If you haven't seen and don't want to "spoil" why look? Unless you just can't help yourself:bonk:

Honestly, I think there is a certain period of time to where yes, there should be time. But c'mon, it's been two weeks, and that mostly everyone who wanted to see it, went and saw it.

While I do see pity in those who haven't seen it, as it deserves to be seen immediately to understand the gravity of the spoilers, I do think that at this point of time, it's more reasonable to speak spoilers. It's not like the film came out just a few hours ago.

___

Acknowledged.

Honestly, one of my problems that I have with Infinity War, is albeit certain characters that could've gotten some more attention, like Groot, Drax, and the Children of Thanos especially.

I wish the film was actually extended to about the 3 hour mark, as it would've given the chance to flesh out the Children of Thanos, as they could've went places before they were offed by the heroes. There really, isn't any form of love I can give to those characters.

As for Drax..allow me to bud in my thought of Guardians 1. I loved his character-arc in Guardians 1. And I think David Bautista did great. And while his humor in the film is good, I am disappointed that no-one thought of taking Drax's hate for Thanos and everything he did in the first film to this. I really wish that was handled differently, as opposed to the way things were.

And in regards to the tree in the room, Groot, really didn't get enough time to shine. Yes, he cut off his own arm for the sake of Stormbreaker's creation, I just feel he was the outsider out of Rabbit and Sparkle's little story. Another thing is the under-using of Peter Dinkage, but that's for another time.

Civil War, is my favorite MCU film, and that I loved what Anthony and Joe Russo did with Thanos, Gamora, Thor, Doctor Strange and Vision/Wanda, the film had a few things that I wish were more properly taken cared of or to at-least extend the run-time of the film, as I wouldn't of minded that to be truthful.

With a movie this large, some characters were bound to get the short end of the stick when it came to screen time. Teen Groot is a good representation of teenagers these days. Always dirstracted by a phone. So I think that added to the moment when he finally decides to act when he sees he can be of use.

Cap/Widow/Falcon etc were really limited on screen time. But clearly they will play a focal point in A4. I can see Cap being front and center of this one since this is probably Evans last time playing Cap

I wish the film was actually extended to about the 3 hour mark...
One of the first things I said to my friends when I walked out opening night was "That could've easily gone on for 30 more minutes and I wouldn't have cared at all". It's truly the type of film where you don't feel how long it actually is while you're watching it because you're on the edge of your seat the whole damn time. Not only that, but the mix of comedy and how much of a badass Thanos is worked well too imo.

The Russos said in an interview that, in an early draft, Falcon went to Titan with Tony and Strange instead of Parker. It would have been fascinating post Civil War...

The Russos said in an interview that, in an early draft, Falcon went to Titan with Tony and Strange instead of Parker. It would have been fascinating post Civil War...

I could actually see how that'd work, as a way of having the two deal with the issues from Civil War, and for Sam to see some more growth more too in the process.

One word....Wow! Finally saw it tonight and managed to stay 100% spoiler free. It was really well done, one of my favorites of the MCU along with Civil War, GOTG 1, and IM1. Can’t wait to see the resolution

Reactions: HereWeGo
Finally got to watch it last night and am conflicted. It's a good movie. No doubt. I have issue with them treating this like a standalone movie. It's not. It is absolutely IW part one. If they left the P1 in the title, I would have loved the ending. I just can't shut off the knowledge I had going in to the movie that BP, DS, Spidey, and GotG have other movies coming out, so the second BP died, I had an eye roll moment. We absolutely know that they are going to roll time back and fix all, or at least most, of this. That takes most of the effect of the deaths away. If I ignore their choice to treat it like a standalone, I love that the originals are pretty much all that's left, and have to save the day. I know that's essential to the story, but if they could have kept the ones with movies still in the works alive and killed off a couple of the originals, it would have had a more "holy poop" effect and left you wondering if they were really going to fix it later.

Reactions: Coasted and chris.g
Finally got to watch it last night and am conflicted. It's a good movie. No doubt. I have issue with them treating this like a standalone movie. It's not. It is absolutely IW part one. If they left the P1 in the title, I would have loved the ending. I just can't shut off the knowledge I had going in to the movie that BP, DS, Spidey, and GotG have other movies coming out, so the second BP died, I had an eye roll moment. We absolutely know that they are going to roll time back and fix all, or at least most, of this. That takes most of the effect of the deaths away. If I ignore their choice to treat it like a standalone, I love that the originals are pretty much all that's left, and have to save the day. I know that's essential to the story, but if they could have kept the ones with movies still in the works alive and killed off a couple of the originals, it would have had a more "holy poop" effect and left you wondering if they were really going to fix it later.

Would it be affecting to see the people we "know" are leaving die? I don't think so. I could care less about Spiderman 2, that scene with Peter and Tony is brutal. Five years later, Avengers 4 really will be a different kind of movie not a part 2. Thanos won. His story is told. That's why we saw him resting like he hoped he would to end the film. It won't be another go-around...it will be what's next in the universe?

Reactions: HereWeGo
Went to go see it a third time, and this time I came back with a whole different take...essentially our "heroes" lack to make sacrifices caused the destruction of the world. To the point can we even call some of them heroes due to their selfish actions leading to the destruction of the world? The only three critically thinking smart people in the film were Captain America, Thor, and Thanos.

It can be narrowed down to three key people who caused all this. The first being Dr Strange who immediately upon finding out about Thanos should've looked at scenarios where he would win rather than waiting until they get to Thanos's home planet and if he destroyed the Infinity Stone when Iron Man told him too, most of this crap wouldn't have gone down.

Two, if Scarlet Witch being selfish despite knowing the fate of the world was in effect waited to the last frickin minute to destroy the mind stone when she should've done it much earlier. I get the "we don't trade lives thing" but at the same fricking time....Vision was willing to sacrifice himself to save the world and you made his death pointless because Thanos had the time stone so bravo to you.

Three, Starlord did the same thing. Gamora said take her out and was a willing sacrifice and he waited to freaking long to do anything then caused her to die anyway and then got mad and totally ruined the plan and then at the end had the audicity to yell we didn't win. No crap Starlord. Thanks to you being a selfish egotistic emotional trainwreck you didn't win.

I even somewhat blame Loki who is the trickster god for not tricking Thanos into taking a fake tessaract while destroying the space stone but I digress as he was in a much tougher spot at the moment.

Without those four stones, Thor actually had a real chance to defeating Thanos and entire half of the world civilization they spent the entire movie trying to protect would've been okay.

Lastly, you would've thought since Wakanda is so in tune with animals and nature they would've also adapted techniques from the African Meerkats and thought to put defenses and shields underground so the enemy couldn't just dig away.

Went to go see it a third time, and this time I came back with a whole different take...essentially our "heroes" lack to make sacrifices caused the destruction of the world. To the point can we even call some of them heroes due to their selfish actions leading to the destruction of the world? The only three critically thinking smart people in the film were Captain America, Thor, and Thanos.

It can be narrowed down to three key people who caused all this. The first being Dr Strange who immediately upon finding out about Thanos should've looked at scenarios where he would win rather than waiting until they get to Thanos's home planet and if he destroyed the Infinity Stone when Iron Man told him too, most of this crap wouldn't have gone down.

Two, if Scarlet Witch being selfish despite knowing the fate of the world was in effect waited to the last frickin minute to destroy the mind stone when she should've done it much earlier. I get the "we don't trade lives thing" but at the same fricking time....Vision was willing to sacrifice himself to save the world and you made his death pointless because Thanos had the time stone so bravo to you.

Three, Starlord did the same thing. Gamora said take her out and was a willing sacrifice and he waited to freaking long to do anything then caused her to die anyway and then got mad and totally ruined the plan and then at the end had the audicity to yell we didn't win. No crap Starlord. Thanks to you being a selfish egotistic emotional trainwreck you didn't win.

I even somewhat blame Loki who is the trickster god for not tricking Thanos into taking a fake tessaract while destroying the space stone but I digress as he was in a much tougher spot at the moment.

Without those four stones, Thor actually had a real chance to defeating Thanos and entire half of the world civilization they spent the entire movie trying to protect would've been okay.

Lastly, you would've thought since Wakanda is so in tune with animals and nature they would've also adapted techniques from the African Meerkats and thought to put defenses and shields underground so the enemy couldn't just dig away.
I mean, yeah. Most of what you said is true to the point of if those characters did those things, the end result would have been different. But... it's a movie. And Doctor Strange killing the time stone in the first 30 minutes pretty much ends the mystery of who wins there since Thanos needed all 6.

At the end of the day, I think most of us watch these movies to have a good time and to continue following this journey that's been going on for 10 years. The Russo Brothers gave us a hell of an entertaining, emotional and at times dark (for MCU) movie.

I get being frustrated at what they did with Star Lord though and wish they handled that differently.

Avengers: Infinity War is getting an extended Thanos cut with an extra 30 minutes of footage | GamesRadar+

This hasn’t been confirmed by Marvel yet but honestly I would be down for this. This is one of the few movies that I thought to myself “I wish this was longer” haha.

Also, the title for Avengers 4 has leaked (so it seems at least). The Cinematographer for both films accidentally added it to his resume on his website. Within a few hours it was taken down and changed back to just “Avengers 4”. I’ll put the leak in a spoiler tag just in case.

Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Infinity War is getting an extended Thanos cut with an extra 30 minutes of footage | GamesRadar+

This hasn’t been confirmed by Marvel yet but honestly I would be down for this. This is one of the few movies that I thought to myself “I wish this was longer” haha.

Also, the title for Avengers 4 has leaked (so it seems at least). The Cinematographer for both films accidentally added it to his resume on his website. Within a few hours it was taken down and changed back to just “Avengers 4”. I’ll put the leak in a spoiler tag just in case.

Avengers: Endgame

The title I think has actually been debunked by the Russo Brothers themselves previously, but I could be wrong

That said, I can see why a Thanos Cut would be done, because I wouldn't of minded the longer runtime.

The title I think has actually been debunked by the Russo Brothers themselves previously, but I could be wrong

That said, I can see why a Thanos Cut would be done, because I wouldn't of minded the longer runtime.

The Russo bros have also said that the IW deaths are permanent but we all know a good chunk of those people are definitely coming back haha.

Honestly if that FH rumor from CineEurope was true, I would actually bet on the title being
Avengers: Final Hour. Based on the rumors and set photos suggesting it’s a time travel movie, “Hour” plays into the time travel aspect. “Final” just drives it home that this is the end of Phase 3 and the MCU as we know it.

Last edited:
The Russo bros have also said that the IW deaths are permanent but we all know a good chunk of those people are definitely coming back haha.

If some of he rumors about interdimensional and time travel are true, it could be true. They have also been quoted saying there is more than one BP in the MCU when doing press for BP... Since marketing ramped up on IW that story has all but disappeared.

My theory is the deaths are permanent... But there is some sort of heartwarming thing about time being non-linear and everyone is still alive in different dimensions, so no one is really, really dead... But in the main MCU universe/dimesion they are killed off. It's a way they can open up the MCU, commit to the deaths but have a big loophole to allow them to occasionally retcon deaths just in case... they almost need to be able to open up the inter-dimensional and galactic stuff more after IW.

Man, the post-credits scenes relating to the Snap gave me chills. First, Scott gets stuck in the Quantum Realm when Hope, Hank, and Janet get dusted. Then, a seemingly humorous post-credits scene is turned eerie if you pay attention. The world has clearly gone to hell. Last, it ends with "Ant-Man and the Wasp will return.....? Damn. Really sets up A4 in a big way.