Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Yeah, I saw the recent rumors - just weird they would hold those titles back as they aren't "overly spoily".
We have to take in mind that Chris Evans is probably done after A4, and that I suspect RDJ will be going but will be replaced by a new actor after Avengers 4, as a means of legacy.

Not to mention, with the Ten Rings still seeming present considering Ant-Man and Red Skull returning to the MCU with IW, there lies potential for future Captain America and Iron Man stories that don't have RDJ and Chris, Endgame makes sense as it will probably be the final outing for some avengers.

And to say this in the open, I'm putting my chips down that Thor, Banner, and Nat will be alive, with Nebula, Tony, Steve, and M'Baku dying in A4.

We have to take in mind that Chris Evans is probably done after A4, and that I suspect RDJ will be going but will be replaced by a new actor after Avengers 4, as a means of legacy.

Not to mention, with the Ten Rings still seeming present considering Ant-Man and Red Skull returning to the MCU with IW, there lies potential for future Captain America and Iron Man stories that don't have RDJ and Chris, Endgame makes sense as it will probably be the final outing for some avengers.

And to say this in the open, I'm putting my chips down that Thor, Banner, and Nat will be alive, with Nebula, Tony, Steve, and M'Baku dying in A4.
Nat/Black Widow will almost definitely be alive considering the talk of her possibly getting a stand-alone film

So yeah - back to my point about the end growing on me.

Everyone expected it was either Cap, Tony, or both that was going to be the big death. They lived.

A lot of people were not expecting Thanos to actually win. Maybe he'd come close to acquiring all the stones, and maybe one or two of the big guns die to prevent him from doing so - but that's not what happened. Hell, in my theater, and from what I gathered from different reactions..... when Thor hits him with Strombreaker - a lot assumed he was still able to stop him.

Once the snap happened - unless you were privy to the comics - you didn't know what was coming until Bucky disappeared.

So yeah, who's left? The original team. Steve, who gave up everything for Bucky, just watched him die. Tony, who became a father figure to Peter, just watched him die. Wakanda is without a king. Thor may feel responsible he didn't aim for the head, and Banner didn't turn into the Hulk to help out more. Not only that... Tony and Steve have to talk, reconcile, and team up in order to fix anything.

While we may know that not all of the *Snap* deaths are final (T'Challa, Spidey, Starlord), there's still going to be more death to come. There's going to be a price to pay with those who are left. The stakes are still there, and it's more about the journey to the conclusion. You know Spidey is coming back, but you'd be hardpressed to find someone who saw that death scene and didn't feel the emotional weight behind it.

That means the movie did its job. In the age of information being available everywhere with the internet and social media... Marvel did a hell of a job making sure they could still surprise you with the film

The main "issue" (I'm not sure if that's the right word to use) I have with all these potential A4 titles is that non of them seem like spoilers. The Russo bros have said multiple times that they can't reveal the title of A4 because it would spoil what happens in IW but nothing so far has made me go "Aw man that totally gives away the ending to IW!"

The main "issue" (I'm not sure if that's the right word to use) I have with all these potential A4 titles is that non of them seem like spoilers. The Russo bros have said multiple times that they can't reveal the title of A4 because it would spoil what happens in IW but nothing so far has made me go "Aw man that totally gives away the ending to IW!"

Well Infinity Crusade would... since that would indicate they’d follow or be influenced by the comics storyline.

There’s a reason why the Russo brothers were chosen to direct Infinity War, and that’s because they have enough television experience to satisfactorily keep all the balls in the air. If these films were self-contained, standalone affairs, you might want someone with more flair for dialogue or inventive visuals. But the Russo brothers are perfect for this job, because this job is simply about moving the story along.

Avengers: Infinity War – Hollywood has admitted defeat in its war with box-set TV | Film | The Guardian

It will definitely be interesting how Infinity War ranks once a) the shock is over and b) Avengers 4 is released. Will it be seen as merely a stepping stone that doesn't actually hold up all that well out of context?

(I loved it by the way. 3 days later and still occupying a lot of my headspace)

Everyone expected it was either Cap, Tony, or both that was going to be the big death. They lived.

A lot of people were not expecting Thanos to actually win. Maybe he'd come close to acquiring all the stones, and maybe one or two of the big guns die to prevent him from doing so - but that's not what happened. Hell, in my theater, and from what I gathered from different reactions..... when Thor hits him with Strombreaker - a lot assumed he was still able to stop him.

Once the snap happened - unless you were privy to the comics - you didn't know what was coming until Bucky disappeared.

So yeah, who's left? The original team. Steve, who gave up everything for Bucky, just watched him die. Tony, who became a father figure to Peter, just watched him die. Wakanda is without a king. Thor may feel responsible he didn't aim for the head, and Banner didn't turn into the Hulk to help out more. Not only that... Tony and Steve have to talk, reconcile, and team up in order to fix anything.

While we may know that not all of the *Snap* deaths are final (T'Challa, Spidey, Starlord), there's still going to be more death to come. There's is going to be a price to pay with those who are left. The stakes are still there, and it's more about the journey to the conclusion. You know Spidey is coming back, but you'd be hardpressed to find someone who saw that death scene and didn't feel the emotional weight behind it.

That means the movie did its job. In the age of information being available everywhere with the internet and social media... Marvel did a hell of a job making sure they could still surprise you with the film

The toll on these characters is going to be crazy and that's just what we've seen. How's Tony going to react if Pepper's gone and how will Tony even get home? I can see Blackwidow dying as it will be the only way I can expect the Hulk to return.

The next movie has a lot of ground to cover. Hell, I'd watch a 2 hour movie that dealt with all this and have no Avengers fighting and it will still be great.

So as to where I see Avengers 4 going...

Sure, the original team will be featured, but I think many of the women of Marvel will play big roles... Captain Marvel, Valkyrie, Shuri, Wasp, etc.

The time stone seems like the obvious thing that is needed to save those who died at the end of IW, but sacrifices will obviously have to be made.

how do i do a spoiler post?

Attachments

• 7GtdQjAJI1eNttSEGkYtcfxp7lXp7KfmCTiszp0Z46M.jpg
    7GtdQjAJI1eNttSEGkYtcfxp7lXp7KfmCTiszp0Z46M.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 29

While we may know that not all of the *Snap* deaths are final (T'Challa, Spidey, Starlord), there's still going to be more death to come. There's going to be a price to pay with those who are left. The stakes are still there, and it's more about the journey to the conclusion. You know Spidey is coming back, but you'd be hardpressed to find someone who saw that death scene and didn't feel the emotional weight behind it.

Yeah, it does feel like things are coming full circle with the original Avengers team having to band together, including Tony and Steve having to reconcile for the first time after Civil War.

An' the more I see and hear friend's reactions to the ending, it's really clear Marvel landed the emotional moment that DC wished they had for the Death of Superman in BVS. For movies, you really only have one shot for that kind of moment, and you need the audience to care about who's dying. Marvel's long build of introducing everyone and getting the audience to resonate with them payed off immensely as people are stunned/dead silent when the credits roll. I had a friend mention he's never been to a film where people were happily and loudly cheering at the hype moments in the film...only to end up silent at the end.

Also, with the way the ending has been hitting audiences, the whole "but it doesn't matter because it's getting fixed" counter doesn't hold much weight. What matters is how the audience reacts to what happened on screen, and by god, it's wrecked people. I knew well beforehand if half or all of everyone was going to be wiped out, things will be fixed since the Infinity Gauntlet is one heck of a macguffin, but the ending stunned me and Peter's passing got me good. It did it's job for the one shot it had.